Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Squirting Cucumber

Yikes! A spurt of wet, grassy greenness.

at first: sweet, wet grass.
on: still sweet, wet grass. this is really lovely.
half an hour later: this is really smooth. it reminds me a little of aloe, but a lot greener and more grassy.
1 hour later: sweeter, but still smooth and green.
2 hours later: sweet, smooth, and green. i realize that i'm repeating myself, but this has been pretty consistent on me.
3.5 hours later: this smells of very sweet cucumber. there's a hint of that grassy scent, too.
overall: i love this. it had a few minutes of smelling almost-but-not-quite-sour, but that passed quickly. this is the perfect scent for welcoming spring.

I don't want a pickle...

And happily didn't get one with Squirting Cucumber. This is grassy and weedy, great for hot days. It's a little less floral than Chickens Squirting on a Garden Path but the same kind of scent. If you like Roadhouse, you'll love this one.

Was hoping for the grassy notes.

What I get is the Cucumber.

More to the point, this smells like Raita (Indian cuke/yogurt dish) to me.

Squirting Cucumber - Wow, this is really sharp, wet, juicy, grassy, and a touch cucumberish. It’s got the scent of the inside of a milky weed stalk that’s been broken in two. I don’t usually like scents like this, and I won’t wear this as perfume again, but it’s got such a fascinating fragrance, that I couldn’t help but keep sniffing my skin after applying it. The throw is about average, but the staying power is quite strong, as it was still evident a couple hours after applying it to the back of my hand, which I washed a couple of times after I applied it. Really unique scent, and I imagine those who like grassy/green type scents could really enjoy this one.

ETA: I love the description of the reviewer before me who said it reminds her of Indian cucumber yogurt. That's spot-on...and suddenly, now I'm hungry for Indian food. :P

Cucumber salad. Straight-up cucumber salad. I didn't get much of a grass note, but I did get some of the cool smoothness of aloe. And I was suprised at how long it lasted on me-- generally fresh scents evaporate on me posthaste, but it's been 4 hours, and the scent is still going strong.

It's really unique. I like it a lot, and would be great for layering with summer favorites like The Star or Tulzscha.

This smells exactly like the cucumber salad in a sweet syrup that comes as a side with my favorite Thai dish. Very green, and VERY accurately cucumber. I guess there's some grass in there too, but I'm not really paying attention to it because really all I notice is the cucumber.

It's making me hungry.

An odd side note: One time when my hormones were messed up or something, that cucumber salad at the Thai restaurant tasted like watermelon to me. It was the wrong texture, but it had the exact taste of fresh watermelon. When I'm sniffing this scent right now, that watermelon comparison is coming back to me. It smells like watermelon seeds. Weird!

SQUIRTING CUCUMBER

In Bottle: Cucumber love!!!!!!!

On Skin: Oh happy day. This is a wonderful just been cut green cucumber. So fresh, so crisp and so cucumbery!!! I am seriously dancing by my computer. I love cucumber, it’s one of my favorite notes. And here it’s perfect… it’s not too bitter, it’s not too vegetabley… it’s beautiful! Theres a sweet floral mixed with this… a cucumber blossom maybe? It is perfect and I’m getting a bottle for sure. And I love layering cucumber… I bet this mixed with Yamaya will make a great “Tranquil Breeze” kind of feel. Yum, yum, YUM!!!! Thank you Beth!!!! I love you!!! Light throw and short to average wearlength.

Squirting Cucumber was the scent that I grabbed first out of my latest box of BPAL goodness. I've been making a lot of salads with cucumber in them lately, and every time I cut one open, I wish that I could find a perfume that smells that simple and good. In perfume, cucumber notes tend to smell strangely rotten on my skin, but BPAL's cucumber here is awesome.

Squirting Cucumber is the closest I've gotten to finding a perfect cucumber perfume. It doesn't turn to that rotten, rancid note that I'm more familiar with in fragrances. It's crisp, cool, watery, and pale green. Dead-on the smell of a chilled cucumber that has just been sliced open.

In the drydown, the scent of green grass and something warm and perfumey come to join the cucumber. My parents had a garden when I was little and this is like laying on the garden grass in the sunshine, snacking on a fresh cucumber. I wish that it would stay more on the chilly/cool side of things, but the drydown is still nice.

A simple, happy fragrance. I'll definitely be keeping my decant of this one, and I'll think about ordering a bottle.

In the bottle: cucumber salad, plus something grass, and maybe a hint of white floral.

On my skin: cucumber, cucumber all over. That's marvelous :P

After a couple of hours: still cucumber, and some florals, I'm quite sure there is some white floral here. But it's very discreet and very beautiful. It's not very grass as I was afraid it'd be.

Verdict: I'm keeping my imp at the very least. I'm sure it should be perfect layered with something very sweet, or something with coconut.

Mmm, fresh cucumber and green grass! This is so fresh and crisp, perfect for summer! It doesn't last too long, and it's very light, but I'm still a huge fan. Very glad to have a bottle of this one!

OH MY GOD Y'ALL THIS TOTALLY SMELLS LIKE CHERRY PIE.

Hehe. Nah, it's cucumber alright. On the grassy side of cucumber, not too sweet. This scent is great -- it turns a little aloe-y on my skin, but in a good way. It reminds me of my sister who used to wear cucumber-based lotions all the time.

I'd never wear this myself -- feels like I'm stealing my sister's scent -- but I think this might be just the scent to enable her with. Awesome.

:P at Karen!

This one smells so cucumbery to me, like absolutely nothing but cucumber, like a cucumber big enough to stomp Tokyo. I am amazed that Beth can make something that smells like this and wowed by the freshness - but I can't take the cucumber single note, although I do like cucumber in blends (Tulzcha comes to mind). I sent the little squirt to a new home where he will be loved and cared for.

it's a creamy cucumber. reminds me of my grandmother's cucumber salad (which has something creamy, mayo? in it) and this is just the ULTIMATE summertime scent! i need to slather in this, i love it!!

squirtingcukecopy.jpg

ahh..HennaFairy...the icon... :P

Anyhow, this is pretty much equal parts cucumber and grass on my skin. There's something about it that's a bit humid, too. I really like this and it will be great for warm weather. All these grassy scents as of late have really been making me happy! :D

Hahaha, I don't know that I can say anything that hasn't already been said! This is a wonderfully accurate cucumber scent. It's cool and crisp and watery and... well, cucumbery! I absolutely love it! Definitely a great scent for hot days when you want to feel refreshed. Mmmm, it's wonderful!

Ye gods, this is GOOD cucumber! It's cool, refreshing cucumber all the way. Can we have this as a soap, please? It would be glorious for summer!

It stays refreshing rampant cucumber until about two hours in, then a glorious white floral note comes out and blends with the cucumber notes so beautifully I just kept sniffing it. I think I like it even better at this stage.

Not just a keeper, but I suspect this one will be a bottle buy, eventually.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh my sweet cucumber!

Oh how I longed for this scent!

My heart nearly lept from my chest when it was announced as part of the bpal line up!!

I can't stop sniffing this one, in the bottle or on me.

Refreshing.....wet grassy cucumber scent.

Definitely a perfect summer scent!!!!!!! :P

Ditto, ditto, ditto. This reminds me of a cucumber oil that I wore many years ago. It is sweet, light, juicy, and green... everything that I expected! This will be the perfect oil to wear when it's 90+ and humid outside (ahhh, Mid-Atlantic summers...) and even the lightest oils seem too heavy.

Total cuke for me, folks. Maybe a sprinkle of fresh mowed grass, but this is 99% crisp, green cucumber, down to that almost peppery bite that some have when they are really fresh and cold.

Squirting Cucumber is exactly what it purports to be---fresh, crisp, almost aquatic cucumber with lush summertime grass. It's green and light and very evocative! I can imagine this would be fantastic when the weather is humid and hot---a couple dabs of this stuff and I think I would feel much refreshed.

In the imp: nearly all cucumber, with maybe a tiny hint of damp grass. Fresh and green and really nice!

Wet: as soon as it hit my skin it went a darker green, and turned into green vegetables somewhat past their best, like manky old broccoli.

Drydown: dying broccoli and cucumber. Weird.

Dry: gone. Vanished completely in an hour and a half. Which, the way it turned on my skin, was not entirely a bad thing. :P

In the imp and wet on skin this is all sharp fresh cut grass to me....a little bitter even, but it dries to a wonderfully fresh cucumber scent which is just perfect for a hot summer day! :P

I may need a bottle.......

Okay, I'll differ a bit from the Cucumber Chorus here :P and say that this is not just cucumber, it's ENGLISH cucumber, that really old-fashioned gourmet cucumber that makes you say, yessss, this is what cucumber used to smell and taste like back in the olden days when vegetables and fruits had real flavor. So there's that green wet scent, and the fresh-mown grass greenness, and then on dry-down there's just a hint of lily-of-the-valley -- imagine lying in the shade on a warm summer day, smelling the sweet cool grass and lily-of-the-valley, nibbling elegant cucumber sandwiches and reading something by Agatha Christie, perhaps....