Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Squirting Cucumber

Yikes! A spurt of wet, grassy greenness.

In imp: cucumber, straight up.

Wet: cucumber and grass, a very cool, green scent, quite refreshing.

Drydown: Fresh and cool cucumber. Very uncomplicated.

Later: Clean, fresh, subtle scent. Perfect for summer. Must get a bottle of this!

(Edit to add description since top of page) Edited by Shollin

Imp: strangely, I'm getting peony. Mowed grass dotted with peony.

Wet on Skin: something herbaceous is showing up, as well as CUCUMBER! Very juicy and fresh, perfect for a nice clear sunny summer day. I'm still somehow getting peony...???

Drydown: it's all settled down into a nice big english cucumber dark green and thick with juice.

This is just like a fresh cucumber, along with the bitterness. :( It pretty much stays the same, wet to dry, but does fade rather quickly. This would be so pretty without the bitter vibe.

Squirting Cucumber is spurt of green, lovely green. It smells like young cucumbers being peeled and diced so their delicate breath hangs in the warm kitchen air. It smells like fresh mown grass, like the first Spring-time mowing when the bright green blades clog the mower with their moist lushness. It's lively and bright and absolutely perfect.

Having this scent in my life fills the empty spot left when Caswell Massey stopped making Cucumber Lotion and Clairol stopped making Herbal Essence shampoo. But I like it better than either one, and I'm glad to limn another period of my life with bright green tinged memories.

:::SQUIRTING CUCUMBER:::

A little hiliarity came with this fragrance.

Try as one might to ignore the many splendored connotations in all their distorted finery, but the mind still wanders...

Squirting Cucumber is packed to the shingles with Cucumbery goodness.

Whether or not the Cucumber itsself is actually squirting remains to be seen, but as a fan of this wee little melon, rest assured the salivary glands certainly are!

This is a wet applauding of Summertime and all the good things associated with it.

This is a crisp, refreshing salad after a scalding trudge downtown.

This is also the smile that flickers across a sleepers face when they are first stirred by the waftings of freshly mown grass.

Applied to the skin, the sharper edge of the grassiness vanishes to be replaced by the rolling out of new leaves, And the whole of the room is drenched in cucumber.

Squirting Cucumber is fresh, fluid, and fun!

4/5!

Squirting Cucumber

Wow! Smells just like a real cucumber. It's sweet and refreshing. I can smell the greenness of the cucumber skin. Mmmm.
After it dries down, it gets a sort of creamy quality. Not a sweet creamy, more like a yogurt creamy. Interesting.
I wish it lasted longer. I'll try it again on a warm, sunny day.

3 out of 5

Squirting Cucumber is a very evocative scent for me. It smells exactly like a cucumber salad with a hint of lush green grass underneath, and makes me feel like I'm preparing food for a summer garden party.

Yummy, fresh and moodlifting! My favorite green scent.

Such a fresh scent! It does smell like cucumbers but just a bit greener. Best of all, it stayed true on my skin...no hideous twists or turns :D I just might need a big bottle of this.

Exactly as described: cucumber, all day, every day. It gets more grassy on the dry-down, but overall it stays constant. Very refreshing!

in the vial: cool cucumber, slightly aquatic

wet on the skin: cucumber

drydown: cucumber

It's a simple but rather nice scent, and I'm sure I'll use up my imp during the summer.

ETA: In hot weather this gets a little pickles-y. Off to swaps you go.

3/5

A big disappointment. All I wanted was straight-up lawn and cucumber, fresh and wet, that lasts and lasts, but I'm not getting this at all - while I do get some cucumber during the wet stage, it disappears quickly and all I'm left with is a nondescript greenish aquatic that smells a bit soapy. Oh well, such is life.

This does smell like a blast of cucumber when wet, but as it dries, it bears a remarkable similarity to Lush's Figs and Leaves soap on my skin. There seems to be something creamy and sweet that comes out in the drydown. There's definitely a grass/leaves green feel to this.

Sniffed: Fresh, juicy cucumber!

On skin: Yup, this is cucumber alright -- wet, juicy and fresh. My sister, who has a better nose than I, said that it was not pure cucumber, so perhaps there are some herbs and greens inside. My nose is nowhere as sensitive, so as far as I'm concerned, this is simple, no-frills, happy and refreshing cucumber! Fades over time to an indistinct juicy, wet, green scent.

Verdict: My sister loves cucumber so I got this for her wondering if she would like it, but she didn't like the other notes in the blend. I think this matches its name to a tee, but I'm not one for exclusively green-grassy blends, so I may let this go. But if you like cucumber (with an extra kick, apparently), well, you can't better than this!

Edited by Vega

YESsss!I remembered, as I applied this, I've been searching for an elusive white horse.. a natural cucumber scent.. ever since Aubrey Organics discontinued their Cucumber & Mandarin facial cleanser 12 years ago. It was NOT the cleanser for my skin type. In fact, it made me break out. Regardless, I adored it so much that I slathered scrubbed and repeated until all was gone. Reason? The lovely cucumber scent. Squirting Cucumber has an identical cucumber note (without the nasty side-effects). In fact, I like it even better. :joy: It's fresh, green, grassy, soothing, cooling, wet cucumber from imp to drydown. Cucumber is my reset button. *sigh*

Off to buy a bottle!

In the imp: Cool and watery, cucumber with maybe a smidgen of honeydew melon?

On: Cucumber and melon, cool, but not as watery anymore, close to the skin. Interesting, although I do not currently see the potential of it becoming a major go-to scent.

Later: Very faint after half an hour, but not much changed from the scent in the vial. Interesting and pretty... might be good while exercising or in very hot weather. Will definitely keep the imp, though I don't know that I would order a bottle right now.

Sweet, watery cucumber and green grass. Has always been one the perfect summer scents for me. :wub2:

All cucumber, all the time. And man, after skimming this thread, 'cucumber' no longer looks like a real word.

I once had this great cucumber & peppermint shower gel that was so refreshing. Please, PLEASE be close to that scent!!

Imp: Uargh! Pickle and glue!

Wet: Grassy cucumber, pickle juice and more glue!

Dry: Grass and wet cucumber. Very faint and light and fresh. No more pickle juice or glue. It's OK.

In the imp: It's true, this one really does smell like friendly, grassy greenness. There's definitely cucumber here, as the name suggests, but also something that could almost be cabbage? Not a bad smell, anyway, just a little unexpected.

On skin: The cabbagey smell goes away, but the friendly greenness doesn't. It gets more grassy out of the bottle. I like this one.

On drydown: It's still that friendly grassy sort of scent, but it's not lawn clippings grassy at all. It's more meadowy, with the suggestion of dandelions gone to seed or clover in the background. It fades almost completely after a couple hours, which only means I'll need to reapply it on the days that I wear it. This'll be a good scent for later December, January and February, when it gets the most horribly cold and snowy here. :)

In the imp: Clear, colorless oil. Smells exactly like cutting into a ripe, juicy, fresh cucumber! Aahhhhh . . .

On me wet: There might be more to this than meets the eye . . . er, nose. Could that be just the barest suggestion of florals that I'm smelling, hiding underneath the cucumber? And maybe some freshly cut grass, too?

Drydown: The fragrance remains consistent as long as it lasts.

When I was in high school, I used to collect fragrance oils. (Obviously I haven't changed much since then.) The minute I opened this one, it brought back vivid memories of a Cucumber Oil that I had. It was one of my favorites, and like this one, it was a very authentic cucumber scent. This one, however is a little different - it seems more nuanced, thus lending weight to my theory that there are some secret mystery oils in Squirting Cucumber.

Squiring Cucumber also reminded me a lot of The Queen's Croquet Garden room spray. And when I tried smelling them side by side, sure enough, they are extremely similar. (Nice - I've been looking for a perfume with that scent and never would have thought of this one as a possibility.) Yet The Queen's Croquet Garden is decidedly grass, while this is decidedly cucumber. Amazing!

In any case, this is one of my favorite scents - not just from BPAL but from anywhere! I don't like foody scents as perfumes, but this is nothing at all like the fruity or bakery scents. It's incredibly refreshing, green, and clean: the perfect antidote for a blazing hot, sweaty, summer's day. I see a bottle in my future . . .

My rating: 5 stars

This is a review of an aged bottle.

In the bottle: Green! It's kind of a medium sort of green, not quite grassy and not as pale as cucumber, but rather somewhere between the two.

On skin, wet: Same as in the bottle.

On skin, dry: Still the same. No soapiness, and it hasn't gone poof like so many "green" scents do on me.

After an hour: Still hanging in there! It's a little paler now, more towards the cucumber end of the spectrum, but still enough grassiness to make it different and wonderful.