Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Effluvia

Perfume to match songs?

Anyway, I've got smoke and roses covered abundantly (and even the sea, if I really want to brave it), but to my shame I have no idea what raspberry leaves smell like. Anyone?

I recently tried Alecto, which has raspberry leaf in it. And it's true that some raspberry-ness came out after a while, but Alecto was pure pencil shavings on my wrist for a good half an hour or so before that due to (I'm guessing) the cedar. Still, once it calmed down it was a very nice scent, might be worth checking out/adding to the equation...

I'd love to try a scent that reminds me of An Bean Sidhe by Cruachan. I tried Lilith, Mircalla - Countess Karnstein but they didn't fit...a banshee scent maybe?

And Scarlet Fields by The Horrors. This song makes me think of blood red, York and London (dark and beautiful - I was there in early autumn and got stuck with this song...it has so much atmosphere). A dark red scent? Autumnal? Very English?

Edited by symphonyinsilence

No suggestions there, sorry - I am personally hoping to find something like Qntal - Stella Splendens - if it at all exists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=RuK45r1S0M0

I am mainly after that one on loud volume where it turns into the very feeling of religious rapture and dedication and RUSH that they have somehow managed to make pagan and divine rather than the boring and Guilty tone I personally (no offense to the christians out there) relate to christianity.

Does a scent, a color, a flower, an emotion, an event - anything - but mainly of course a scent, come for you to this song?

Let me know - this is my new love and I wish to live With it and Inside it forever and ever <3 I am sort of scared to go home from work tonight cause I don't have it in this version on my Ipod and so will have to endure 40 minutes without it (yeah, I get silly :P )

:wub2:

Hopefully no one else pointed this out:

I think "Snake Dance" by March Violets is perfect for anything Snake Oil related (especially Snake Charmer)

Youtube vid

"Play my song" the serpent whispered

Golden skin and eyes of flame

Painted heart and painted nails

She ran her fingers down the scales"

Edited by Zoe.Monday

This is such a fabulous topic! I'm new, so I can't put in any suggestions, but any thoughts on the Avett Brothers (I and Love and You, or Laundry Room), Mumford and Sons (definitely Little Lion Man, also their new one, I Will Wait), or Ani Difranco (well, just her in general, but particularly 32 flavors)?

Hi, Legrillon :)

Little Lion Man is such a great song. Can't say it triggers any scent memories for me, but it's funny you mention Ani DiFranco. My scent preferences lean toward incense, patchouli, earth, & musk. Generally darker, dirty, or smutty tempered with a bit o' sweetness. From time to time, when I receive a decant that's floral or fruity or girly, I'll think to myself... "Hm. That's nice enough. Smells like a clean, pretty girl." Then the lyrics to "Not A Pretty Girl" will pop into my head...

PS: The Illustrated Woman

Edited by arsinoe9

I want scents of Blood Sugar Sex Magick (chili peppers) King, esp judas my heart by Belly who are so fuckin' awesome live (team Gail!) and all the Bjork

Not sure if this is the right place, but I didn't know where to ask. :blush2:

Me and my sister both play the piano + violin and I was wondering how many classical music scents has bpal done? I know the Tchaikovsky ones from the Nutcracker and then the Liszt Csardas Macabre from the MF. Am I missing something? Are there any more scents like this? :think: