Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Used in works of nemesis and just punishment. Creates a beacon to the Kindly Ones. Use with extreme caution.

The one oil no one will use, or at least admit to using, and here I am with the first review!

In the vial: The initial sniff is powder with an undertone of vetiver. As a vetiver fan, I am pleased. Then, surging up from underneath to grab me by the nose hairs and pull is that foul, musky, dirty-horse-stall note that made me dislike Puck. Civet, I presume? Even if one wasn't aware of this oil's intended purpose, one could tell it's not meant for casual perfume use. It smells like it means business.

On skin: This is purely accidental, as I did not wish to get any on me. From what I could tell by the tidbit left on my finger from opening the imp, this oil does not shift much. The powder fades, but that musky note lingers.

Efficacy: For the curious, what made me take the risk and break out my decant was reading that Joshua and Justin Moulder received a measly ten year sentence for their absolutely heinous torture and murder of a three month old puppy. I can't bear to repeat what those monsters did to that poor baby so Google their names for more if you feel the need. Even if it is the maximum sentence allowed, it falls far, far from justice. The crime made me sick and the idea of them being eligible for parole made me even sicker. So I brought out Spiritwrack in hopes of some jailhouse justice.

Sadly, because this case is not something I'm personally involved in nor which will stay in the news, I'll probably never know if or what effect the oil had. However, after the ritual was over, I did feel lighter. The rage and horror that had been plaguing me all week got up and left when I dismissed the Quarters. It wasn't a peaceful feeling of release, such as I've felt with Anthelion. This was the distinct impression of the darkness getting up and going elsewhere; with any luck, towards the objects of the ritual! Edited by Shollin

I bought this to summon just punishment for a very specific situation and figured I might use it on one or two other people as well. After what I experienced, I'm glad I used it in the situation I bought it for, but I will not be using it on anyone else.

I kept this bottle in the bubble wrap until I was ready to use it and put it back in there when I was finished. I did not touch the oil. I highly recommend not smelling it. I wasn't going to but then did out of curiosity and immediately felt very unwell, and that wasn't just because it smelled bad.

I held the bottle in my hand during the whole ritual, which lasted about 2-3 minutes. Immediately, my hand felt like I was holding something ice cold even though the bottle was room temperature. By then end of the ritual, my hand was so cold, my fingers were getting tingly.

I have seen nothing on the BPAL forums or review threads that mention anything like this. So, while I was reluctant to share my story, I felt that I needed to. Please heed Beth's warning.

I was not sure i wanted to share my story but i figured since the other stories were not very descriptive i would share.

I used this oil for justice in September 30-October 2 2014. I used it with candles 3 nights( i was not sure if it was working or worked). Every night i would dress my candle and meditate and ask for justice. I was hoping for that nudge of hey stop playing with other peoples emotions, lives, and feelings. 3-4 days later his roof on his house caved in during a thunderstorm. His computer room was damaged and house was flooded. He had to live in a hotel since the house was deemed unlivable. He broke out with cold sores. And he became a bit of a hermit. And now he also suffers from anxiety since the situation. He does not go to the clubs and bars like he once did and removed himself from fb until this week. At 1st I was thinking it was not enough but I must say this oil is quite effective especially when it comes to a cancer's home.

Normally in such situations i just cry and use my internal rage take over but I must say this was a lot easier on me physically and I would use it again if some psycho/sociopath crossed me again.

This oil WORKS!

Edited by magda93

I've now used Spiritwrack twice, and I just realized I forgot to ever review it. Since there aren't many reviews for it, here's mine.

The first time I used it, it was for a large geopolitical situation, and I'll probably never know if my small working had any effect at all, but it was certainly cathartic after reading some horrible things.

The second time, a sort-of-local news story had really hit me hard. I don't know why this particular one, as I didn't know the people involved, but it just did. A guy had killed his wife and was on the lam. I wanted the guy caught, and zeroed in on the word "beacon" in Spiritwrack's description. I lit a candle with his name on it, anointed with Spiritwrack, and focused on the idea of that beacon making him stick out like a sore thumb to the cops so he would be caught, and in the meantime, the Kindly Ones meting out psychological justice from within his mind. He ended up being killed by cops a few days later. Once again, I have no idea if my working really caused this, since I wasn't all that close to the situation except geographically, and I'm sure there were plenty of people who were closer and whose will was also focused in that direction. But it does give you an idea of what kinds of situations I would use Spiritwrack for. Basically, I don't want to use it unless the person's death is an acceptable outcome to me. The Kindly Ones don't mess around.

For obvious reasons, I didn't really sniff it like I do my other oils, but I did catch whiffs of it while using it, and the only note I could make out for sure was a dark, bitter vetiver.