Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Spider

White ginger, artemesia, vetiver, nutmeg, King mandarin, bergamot, and lime.

My slog through the Gaiman scents continue..

Upon opening the imp, I got a nice citrusy hit with a sharper tang in the background.

I put a little bit on (can't go overwhelming the clientele), and hold out my arm for a coworker to sniff. He snarfed/airbit at me. I think he liked it. :P On the drydown, the citrus toned down and mixed wonderfully with the rest of the notes.

I do consider this more of a masculine scent, and would love to try it on the hubby to see how he wears it.

I'm not sure this is bottle-worthy. At least for me. We'll see how Mr.Neko likes it. :D

Been looking forward to this, as I am a big ginger fan. Yes, it definitely has ginger, and it's very strong. I'm used to slathering and once I did it, wiped it off quickly. You do not need to slather this one, the throw is great. To me this is a true masculine scent, and was quite happy when it wore off. Your more sophisticated masculine scent, maybe a guy in a suit, or at a wedding would be pretty hot in this scent.

In the bottle: ...do I seriously like a vetiver scent? What? This absolutely gorgeous- green and gingery and citrusy.

On skin: Not a lot of change, really. I get a lot of the ginger and the bergamot, two of my very favorite notes that I'd never have considered putting together. It's quite a sexy scent, while still being clean and fresh.

I might need a bottle of this.

Soap. I had very high hopes for this scent, yet it's just soap in the bottle and soap on my skin. After an hour, it had faded to a much nicer blend of odors I actually enjoyed sniffing, but by then I could barely smell it at all. On me, Spider is just a waste of materials.

Mmm-HMMM! Spider is a hit. While Mr. Nancy's rum and tobacco notes had me dancing with joy :P, Spider is younger and sexier in a way that makes me want to do something else that requires a partner if y'know what I'm sayin' :D

I get vetiver as well as bergamot and ginger. It's so sharply ticklish in my nose I can't help but sigh in appreciation.

this smells pretty masculine to me, in the traditional sense. something in it, not sure what is giving off a kind of shaving cream/aftershave scent, perhaps bergamot? the vetiver and nutmeg seem pretty subtle, and i mostly get citrus, ginger and the sharp masculine-herbal smell. this isn't really working for me, i think i'll swap my imp.

I've never tried this on myself - only my husband. It reminds me of Incantation because of the vetiver and fruit mixture. Spider is much fruitier though and actually smells just like Fruit Stripes (that gum with the weird zebra guy on the package).

I can't really tell what exactly is in this because it only smells like one thing to me; my dad. I put this on right before visiting my dad, and couldn't tell the difference between my wrist and him. It's very light on me, and I can barely tell it's there. It's very comforting though, so I think I'm getting a bottle.

This is very fresh and sensual to me... on my husband. On me it gets a little sharp and unpleasant, but I'm quite seriously considering buying a bottle to hand to The Boy, because on him this is bright and sexy and different and just... mmmmmm.

I feel it safe to now write my review on Spider...there was a tragic accident when I first received it. I got it as a x-mas present form Novak69 and the next day while putting some on the bottle feel and it was all gone :cry2: So I had to order another bottle because Spider is amazing and now I have it back :biggrin: . So on with the review.

WOW!!!! This stuff rocks my pants off. When I first open the bottle I get an overwhelming fresh clean calm scent. I defiantly get the ginger but I also get the bergamot and mandarin. It blends wonderfully together. It's not overally citrusy I think the vetiver and nutmeg really ground it. It's really calming to me and a very happy scent. On the flip side there is something dirty about it. It's really hard to describe, is there such a thing as the best dirty clean scent out there??? I can understand were this would be good on a man, I haven't tried it on my boyfriend but I know it will more than likely be great on him. But to me it's neither male or female it's just awesome and if I had to classify it I would call it MINE ALL MINE :shhh:

I'm so glad I have Spider back :wub2:

In the vial - Lots of artemesia with a touch of the lime and vetiver. I'm getting NONE of the spice notes.

Wet - FLOWER. GAH.

Drying - Oh, the artemesia is fading. Some nice lime and ginger are coming out. I'm not terribly a fan of this, though. It isn't faint in that "need more" way, but it's softly floral. There's also a note here that I don't like. I think it's the nutmeg adding to something...

Dry (2 hours) - This is a really interesting floral. But very floral. A little lime, a little ginger. But FLOWERS.

Overall - Not for me at all.

Smells nice and citrusy out out of the imp. I had long forgotten what notes were in Spider, but the lime really leaped out at me.

Freshly applied, it's really bright: mostly lime and bergamot, with the bite of freshly grated ginger. As it dries down it gets really green and herbal, cool and refreshing. I have no idea what artemesia smells like but I guess that's what's adding this scent. Really herbal, almost vegetable-y. There's just a vague hint of something floral, it works really well to make this perfume smell well rounded. There's a great base of vetiver underneath it all that really holds it together, adds a bit of "refined dirtiness" (aahh, I can't explain it) that really meshes well with the greenery. The nutmeg only comes out when the perfume fades down and clings close to the skin... the lasting power isn't that great, sadly... I'll try it in my hair next time.

It's definitely a masculine scent but I quite like wearing it too. It's a very well blended, pretty expensive smelling perfume, and has a great, sprightly, kind of mischevious/dastardly vibe. (Randomly, I strongly get the impression of a pale green color from this scent.)

Spider smells like a man's cologne to me, which is of course kind of a non-description. Not that I've tried many of these, but I think it's the aquatic character of the scent that evokes the comparison.

Unfortunately, aquatic men's colognes are not really my thing, even though Spider has some grounding sweetness and a slightly tropical feel underneath the aquatic, so it's off to swaps.

This is very clean - just on the verge of being cologne-ish. It is slightly spicey, but in a white spice/herbal way rather than a brown spice/hot way. I definitely get the giner, the mandarin doesn't ever really come out on my skin but the lime is *just* there. The vetiver, which is usually not my friend, is very calm and soft here.

This is quite an intriguing blend, but not as charming, so cocky, or twinklingly debonair as I was hoping for.

Spider does strike me as a more masculine scent but not overly so, i think it could really work on women as well. this is a pretty complex blend and its hard for me to pick out the individual notes, i think its a sexy scent or at least i feel sexy wearing it. the note that stands out to me the most is the bergamot, so this is sort of like a sexy Earl Grey Tea. Spider lasts for a very long time too, its definitely one of my favorites!

Wet, this smells similar to Mr. Nancy. :wub2: The lime note is predominant, and the mandarin is almost overpowering. As it dries, this reminds me of a man's aftershave, maybe Bay Rum, and the nutmeg seems to be lending a spiciness to it.

Overall, this is a citrusy, masculine scent, one that I hope to wear often. I'm so happy to finally have it in my Gaiman collection!

The King Mandarin and Bergamot are most predominant for me in the wet stages. As this blend dries, the white ginger comes out more, lending a soft spice so that the feel is a little citrus-y sweet. The nutmeg doesn't really show up for me, and this ends up being a predominantly white ginger blend with somewhat of an aquatic undertone. Not really my bag.

It's a little astringent - the citrus is strong and with the vetiver it makes it a little cleaner-like. I like the scent of it better in the bottle - in the bottle is smells so fresh and clean. My boyfriend said it smells like a band-aid wrapper, which is almost exactly right.

Wow, gotcha watch this one, it gets shifty.

When Spider first arrived it was quite heavily citrus, and it is very masculine (which in my case was the point since it's destined to be a friend's birthday gift). I skin tested a bit and it was a clean, citrusy cologne on me, seems like a winner.

It's been sitting in the frog box chilling for a couple weeks, and today I snitched an imp for myself, and decided to try another skin test as I was packing up sniffie gifts. This time it's dominated by the vetiver, I think, which is giving it a piney quality. After it's been on my hand for an hour or so, some spicy citrus is peeking out, and it's gorgeous.

Overall, Spider is enigmatic and dead sexy, I'm really hoping it smells this good on my friend. ;)

In the imp, lime and vetiver, and same wet on my skin. The bergamot, ginger and artemesia came out as it dried into this wonderfully sexy, masculine scent. Which I then had to try on the bf, praying that it would work on him, too. It did, and he smells so good right now that I'm buying a bottle of this. ;)

In bottle: Citrus and spice.

Wet: A lot of citrus with hints of pizzazz from the ginger, vetiver and nutmeg.

Dry: The vetiver dances a tango with the citrus, sometimes one leading, sometimes the other.

Notes: A sexy unisex scent and as long as the vetiver plays nice this is an awesome blend.