Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
dawndie

Enraged Groundhog Musk

Really ridiculous, insanely inappropriate, and staggeringly silly! Cranky groundhog musk sweetened up by chocolate-covered black cherries, cardamom, French vanilla, and caramel.

I HAD to try EGM because I see it everywhere and it sounded like something I might enjoy. At first its nice...Chocolate and cinnamon, but it dries SUPER fast into a dust cinnamon smell. Hmm.
Its not BAD, just a little bland.

I'll try this one again in a few days, but it might be one for the swaps.

Oh well, the bottle is too cute! :P

In the bottle, this is all cardamom and chocolate.

On my skin, I definitely get chocolate up front, then the cardamom takes over, way over.

When it dries, it's all cardamom up front - there's the lightest hint of musk in the back, but definitely no cherries, no French Vanilla, no caramel, and no more chocolate. Spicy and warm.

IN Vial: Strong butter and nuts

Wet: Whoa! this is buttery. This is 'in your face' burned wood with carmel in the background. I don't really smell choc. cov cherries.

Drydown: Now I smell spices, cinnamon or clove, maybe both. This has a nice baked goods scent with lots of cinnamon. This is yummy, but not much like the notes listed.

Bought this off LunaSea. THANKS! :P

Bottle: Pillsubury Cinnamon Buns.

Wet on Me:Cake batter and cinnamon buns.

Drying Down: Cardamom now and a woody scent

but the cinnamon bun has disappeared.

Dry: MUSK! a very musky kinda musty musk.

And the scent of nut shells. Don't ask me where that came from.

This is veddy veddy interesting. The label is adorable!

in the bottle: sweet hot cinnamon rolls slathered in cream cheese frosting :D

wet on skin: pretty much all cinnamon, like red hots style.

dry down: a very mild cinnamon scent, i get nothing else from this, except a strange faint after scent of wet cardboard :D

in all: sadly, my chemistry just ate this up and spit it out into a recycling yard. :P but i'm glad i got to try it.

:)

I rarely go for foody scents, but this one is fabulous because of the spices, which I always go for. It's like a slightly foodier and more Cardamom-y Chimera - or a foody version of Plunder. I don't get any chocolate or vanilla.

Edited by anardana

Ick!This one doesn't go well with my chemistry...at all!!!!I *SO* wanted to like this one,but noooopes.Candy/sugar/caramel,everything foody I just adore,so I was looking forward to trying this out since it has so many notes I like.The first time I tried this out,it was very nice and light.I tried this out again today and...ugh!!!It turned like some kind of cinnamon-plastic scented glue on me and I wanted to immediately rub it off cause it was so overpowering.BPAL scents infused with cinnamon oil just don't seem to work well with my chemistry.I don't know why this didn't work on me and I envy those who get the cinnamon roll and cream scent off it.:P

I'm gonna give it away to someone who will appreciate it.

Initial thoughts: Foooooood! Chocolate, cherries, cardamom, vanilla and caramel - nothing that shouldn't work on me provided the cherries behave themselves. Because, y'know - I need to smell like an enraged groundhog.

In the bottle: Spicy cocoa and vanilla. Yummy. Very yummy.

On the wrist, wet: Cardamom and powdery cocoa. Maybe a little caramel, or a little bitter vanilla? Not much in the way of cherry.

Twenty minutes later: This is principally cardamom and and a little vanilla, with caramel undertones. It's slightly powdery, dusky and heavily spiced without being very sweet. The chocolate and cherry doesn't really make an appearance for me - this is all about the spice. It's pleasant, and definately worthy of a second test later in the month.

Verdict: Keeper, for now.

Tl;Dr: Dusty cardamom, bitter vanilla and a little thick caramel underneath.

there is a LOT of cardamom in this, not that i’m complaining. i love cardamom, and i can’t think of another BPAL scent where it’s so noticeable. typical of the lab's attention to detail, the cherries actually have that distinct “cherries in liqueur” scent of cherry cordials, rather than the juiciness of fresh cherries. i don’t smell a lot of chocolate. these cherries haven’t been slathered in it. it’s more like a light, thin shell of chocolate. i can’t pick out any caramel or vanilla, either. just those lovely spicy cherries.

In the bottle, all I could smell was caramel.

Wet, the caramel is still there, but there's a hint of something darker, almost dirtier(?) but in a good way - which is, now that I think about it, the cardamom.

Dry down, the caramel is retreating a little more, but the overall scent is still sweet, the chocolate has arrived, and the cardamom is making it's presence felt even more, and the vanilla is here as well...but no sign of the cherries, yet...even if they don't show up though, it's okay, because this smells great. Definitely one to pull out when I'm feeling silly...or as an alternative to eating my own weight in chocolate!

All in all, very foodie and very sweet (I almost want to lick my wrist) if this is an enraged groundhog, a happy one would probably bring on severe hyperglycaemia...but I have a feeling I'm going to be fighting my 11 year old for it, because she's the major foodie lover in this family.

Edited by maikastar

Ouch!

I got an imp of this, and while I loved the smell (lots of spice, warm vanilla and chocolate goodness), it started to itch so horribly after about five minutes that I had to wash it off. Both my wrists are red, and the little spot on my chest is scarlet.

I guess now I know I'm sensitive to cardamom. I hope it's not the same case with cinnamon, because I love Chimera and haven't had problems with it before...

I didn't really get cherries from this. I definitely got the musk, caramel and cardamom. The caramel isn't overwhelming, and the cardamom adds a welcome spice to the sweet musky blend. I like this better than I anticipated.

In the bottle, I get cinnamon hot chocolate.

Wet on the skin, cinnamon (guess it's the cardamom) dominates. As it begins to dry, the cocoa begins to come out to play.

Dry-- cherries & chocolate with caramel dribbled over top and a sweet musk that makes it spicy to the nose.

I love this scent! :P

In The Bottle

Very rich and foody. Reminds me of Fruitcake

On Application

Chocolate coated cedar?

Dry Down

Quite strong cinnamon and sweet. Dark, rich and sweet. Really not what I was expecting but really pleasant when it settles down a bit. I really, really like this

Rating (0-5)

Do you remember Red Hots? That's exactly what this is. As is dries a bit of the caramel comes out. It's sweet but not cloying. The cardamon/cinnamon keeps that in check.

It's a red hot, not sure what else to even say. If you want to smell naughty, this is it. It really needs a sexy devil outfit to go with it.

ETA: There is the chocolate! The groundhog was hoarding but after about two hours, he decided to share. This morphed into a very warm chocolate and caramel. This is not a sweet scent though.

Edited by vanillaoakmoxy

In the imp: Cinnamon-sweet, perhaps a little cocoa.

Fresh on the skin: Ooooh, cinnamon, toasty and bright! Rounded by a bit of fruit. Nice!

15 minutes later: Warm, toasty brown cinnamon, sweet and just the tiniest bit fruity.

20 minutes later: Damn, this is strong, and has rather long throw. I'm starting to detect that cranky musk, I think.

30 minutes later: I mostly like this, but it might be just a tad too overpowering for me.

1 hour later: Holding steady.

Verdict: Incredibly strong and interesting. I like it, but I'm not sure how wearable it is.

One word: Cinnamon.

In the bottle: mmm! Cocoa and caramel with a bit of cherry

On skin: Cinnamon and a little cherry. Mainly just strong, hot cinnamon though.

Also- it burns, it burns!! I hadn't read these reviews before I tried it, I just read the scent description. Big mistake. I wasn't able to wash it off immediately and by the time I did (after about five minutes) I had painful bright red splotches on my neck. Ow! In the future I will make sure to read the reviews before trying new scents.

I still like this though so I will likely end up getting a scent locket and keep my fingers crossed.

Wet: Cinnamon and nutmeg?

First on: Baked goods!

Dry: Faded spices. Nice, but goes away too fast.

I was curious about Enraged Groundhog Musk because it featured cardamom and black cherry, but freshly applied, it's buttery musk. Eesh. Not a promising start! As it dries down it gets a little more complex and a little less buttery. The cardamom establishes itself after a minute or two, lending a welcome dose of spice, and the vanilla gives it characteristic sweet creaminess. Cherries make brief appearances here and there, adding moments of really vivid black cherry, covered in a bit of dark chocolate. But the moments of fruitiness don't really punch all the way through the dense caramel vanilla musk. I smell like a cardamom-spiced, caramel drizzled chocolate chip cake with a bit of cherry turnover filling. With a musky base. This is just WAY too foody for me.

I almost washed it off, but I left it and after another hour or so it faded to a really pleasant, cardamom and caramel flavored soft musk. It sticks around for a while, too. If I could just skip the opening foody stage, I would keep this.

Edited by tajana

Enraged Groundhog Musk

Really? This is an ENRAGED groundhog? Hm. I get a sweetly spicy cinnamon cardamom vanilla. I thought this would be a lot stronger and more chocolatey than what I actually get. I like it anyway, but it's very faint. I'm wondering if I got a weird bottle or something because it seems so weak. I'm glad it's not overwhelming or cloying, but it's very close to the skin--and it's about twelve million degrees here, so I feel like it should be radiating off my skin in waves (though I see other reviewers thought it was a fast fader). Meh. I like it but I don't think this 'hog is a keeper.

Enraged Groundhog Musk isn't a musk at all! It's deeeelicious! :yum:

This is an almost spicy chocolate cherry scent (due to the cardamon?)...I swear can almost smell cassia or cinnamon in here.

I never sniff any caramel in this blend at all, just a delicious, spicy chocolate cherry. This is how I wish the box of chocolates from last Valentines Day turned out. Usually chocolate goes sour on my skin and smells like baby vomit but for some reason, Enraged Groundhig Musk really works for me.

Nom nom nommmm!

It's dark musk and cardamom with a bit of cherry to sweeten and powder it up a bit. I hoped it would be sweeter and chocolate.

In the bottle, I get a chocolately cinnamon sort of scent, with an undertone of maybe vanilla? On my skin, I'm getting that same nommy chocolate cinnamon, with an undertone of what I think is wood? No cherries or vanilla just yet. It remains pretty much the chocolate cinnamon with slight woody undertone throughout, with a little vanilla and cherry peeking through here and there. It's a really neat scent, and I think it'll be in heavy rotation with fall here.

EDIT: Also, I need to apparently apply lightly, as it makes the skin on my wrists go bright red.

Edited by Venneh

My skin normally loves everything--and I mean everything! Of all the bottles on my stash list and all those I have from other etailers, every single one loves me, and I love them all back.

Until I encountered this vengeful groundhog. :eek:

In description and in the bottle, it seems like the type of sweet foody scent I like--though I couldn't help but notice that at the first bottle sniff I sensed some sort of weird undertone, but I assumed my skin would just amp all the good dessert-y stuff and it wouldn't show up. Was I ever wrong. Most of the delicious-sounding stuff quickly faded, save the cinnamon, but even that--one of my favorite notes--was overpowered by this very strange and powerful overtone that made me borderline nauseous. I don't know what it was, but it must be the blend that consitutes "cranky groundhog musk". Musks usually do wonderful sexy things on me, but whatever this was, either the type of musk in itself or the way it blended with the other notes on my particular skin type just made me sick.

I will never, ever put on anything inspired by the nether parts of enraged animals ever again. :run:

Edited by Invidiana