Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shadesong

The Ecstasy of Infatuation

Black cherry, pink grapefruit, white musk, lemon verbena, champagne grape, pikaki, plumeria, and Hawaiian ginger.

In bottle: Grapefruit. Not as OMG grapefruit as Hungry Ghost Moon, but... citrus doom lurks in this bottle. *eyes bottle warily*

On me: A first flush of breakfast grapefruit and lemonade. Ah! Someone dropped a cherry in the center of that grapefruit. The black cherry swells, infuses the scent, rounds it out; the ginger provides a base. The scent goes from citrus hell to a complex fruity scent, muted and sophisticated. The florals lurk in the very background, barely-there.

wow. seriously... can I just say WOW???

In the bottle, I smell something sweet... but creamy. grapefruit and cherry! On my skin? I wish I could explain this better... but it seems sweet and creamy... but DIFFERENT. So original! I have never smelled a BPAL oil like this one, and quite honestly I think it may be the BEST ONE EVER. :D On my skin, it stays true to the smell I get from the bottle... fruity, creamy, and there is *something*. I think it may be the cherry? something that makes this stand out from the crowd.

AMAZZZZZING!! :P

in the bottle: rapefruit, cherry, grape...reminds me of fruit salad

wet: wow ummm cherry, grapefruit candies.

as it dries: it stays very similar to in teh bottle and wet. it is a sweet juicy fruity smell. grapish, cherry, and a hint of pink grapefruit. but it is very smooth and a hint of floral. i am not really getting ginger, musk, or verbena but it is more complex then just saying fruity, and it is also so incredibly smooth, that i know more notes are involved then just the obvious fruity ones. this is another incredible bptp blend.

I think this is one of my first reviews :D

In the bottle: umm... grapefruit and lemon is all I get at first whiff. I think I also smell a bit of the white musk maybe? I'm not so great at individual notes, but its one of those scents that grabs your attention from the get go.

On me: still grapefruit and lemon verbana, but I can smell the floral from the plumeria coming through and it starts to sweeten up. I can't really smell the black cherry yet, but there is a bit of sweet, so maybe that's it?

Drydown: The sharpness of the grapefruit subsides a bit and lets the other notes come through. A few minutes later the ginger definitely pokes its little head out to say HI! :P I'm also getting some of the cherry now, which softens the grapefruit & lemon. It's a combination of sweet & tart, with a wee bit of spice and floral.

In the bottle this makes me think of fruity shampoo. It has a medley of sweet fruit notes and then something clean and breezy underneath. On my skin, the grapefruit and lemon verbena take over at first. This is very sharp, white, and effervescent on my skin. Citrus shampoo.

In the drydown… the breezy florals, champagne, and clean white musk are giving this a clean and soapy something that I’m not exactly crazy about. The citrus edge fades over rather quickly and I’m left with soapy florals. This is a very white blend and thus is giving me an awful migraine.

Ecstasy of Infatuation makes me feel a bit ill. It’s like inhaling a cheap shampoo and getting that soap caught in the back of my throat after a while. The accompanying migraine also isn’t so great for me. Someone who likes white floral perfumes would probably love this. It’s a soft blend in the drydown, but still too much for me to handle. I never can pick out any cherry, which was the note I was most hopeful for with this one :P

This is a really beautiful fruity grapefruit and cherry scent with a hit of ginger that lifts the spirits and brings a soft pinkish-gold glow to a cold, snowy day.

It does have a similarity to Hungry Ghost Moon, which is one of my three favorite Lunacy scents, though lacking the wood and resin base it fades rather quickly on me.

The cherry is not heavy and almondy the way cherries sometimes go, it remains very natural, though at times I'm reminded of having a mouth full of hard candy, glistening, wet and jewel-like.

My skin really absorbs scents like this without the wood or resin floating in the background to anchor it though so I will likely try to swap it for something more suited to my incense-lovin' skin.

ETA: After wearing this for awhile and taking some more sniffs of it, Infatuation really is an apt name because it's really weaving a spell around me. It's such a rich, deep, sparkling fruit. Not the glittering frosted sugar of Treat #1, this is a much deeper and juicier fruit, with the florals interweaving beautifully. Now I'm finally getting some of the darker grape notes beneath the bright pink grapefruit, blood-red cherry and a touch of that pale yellow verbena. It's really hard to stop sniffing this. I wish it lasted longer....maybe in a locket?

Edited by sarada

Well! Since the Powers That Be dealt out 2 of these in a group order of 6 I better review it!

In the bottle it is heavy on the grapefruit- very HEAVY, but it's the sweet variety of [pink] grapefruit, not tart like Hungry Ghost Moon. When I tested it on my skin, the first 10 seconds it was still deeply grapefruit. Then the most amazing thing happens; it becomes Snow Angel on my skin :P Much like Treat #1 turns to Snow Angel with an extra candy shot.

My skin apparently breaks down certain notes and only leaves those that I love the most! Not too bad :D

The Ecstasy of Infatuation - This scent didn't intrigue me at all due to my general dislike of verbena notes and because I was positive that the verbena combined with all the citrus notes was going to destroy this scent for me. I was incredibly surprised when I tried it and I was blown away by how beautiful it is. My first reaction to this was how it seems incredibly Asian-inspired, and the second was that I thought for sure there was cherry blossom in it (I was wrong!) Somehow, the gorgeous citrus, ginger, black cherry, and Pacific florals work together to create the most glorious fusion that's slightly Japanese and slightly Hawaiian in nature. The scent is one of the very prettiest I've encountered. It's just so fresh and clean and doesn't overwhelm me with the citrus notes in the least, and I can't distinguish the dreaded verbena at all. Sadly, my skin eats this blend up and it doesn't last on my skin for more than 30 minutes, and during that 30 minutes, I can only smell it when I sniff my skin up close.

In the bottle:

soft grapefruit and plumeria

On me:

I'm just having a hard time getting a hold of this scent. It's incredibly faint on me, even though I tried it on heavier than I usually put oil on. When it goes on, I get soft pink grapefruit and a hint of cherry. That cherry disappears REAL fast though and never comes back.

For the most part, when this is dry on my skin it seems to be a champagne floral. The grapefruit stays pretty subdued and on me, it's the champagne and plumeria that really sticks out.

Final note:

My skin just eats this one, I can barely smell it and I mostly just get champagne and plumeria - which is pretty, but just not for me.

Oooh, this is nice! It's light and fresh, with an innocent feel- just the way infatuation should be! The sweetness and tart of the fruit are perfectly balanced, and the ginger adds a tropical twist. All in all, this blend is like a romantic stroll on the beach. I'm happy with the result of my inquisition plea!

The Ecstasy of Infactuation

In Bottle: Citrus Floral

On Skin: I was first worried about this scent, citrus and florals are usually not my favorite. But this scent is beautiful! I can smell the grapefruit right away, it dominates but the black cherry sweetens it. The florals are soft and and also help meloow out the scent. The lemon verbena remains in check which is very good since it usually amps on me. The white musk is clean and velvety. I swear I smell a bit of tea too. This scent has a very light pink and yellow feel. Warm but subtle. It is very feminine and pretty. My only complaint is that it is too light and fades in just minutes. Still a gorgeous scent that I keep leaning in to sniff on myself. Light throw and very short wearlength.

This one is very citrusy from the moment you crack open the bottle...I could smell it immediately. I'm not the biggest citrus fan anyway, but this smelled pleasant enough on the skin when wet. I had high hopes, but unfortunately it faded to nothing in literally minutes.

Oh well. Better luck next time!

As all cherry scents are, so was this one. Nyquil Cold and Cough, anyone? It calmed down after a while to straight pikaki, but that doesn't love me so much either.

This is a very citrus-floral scent that I was not impressed with. I really like oriental spice better. It was not my first choice but I wanted to give it a try. It does not last very long on me-maybe an hour or so then I have to reapply. When it dries down I can smell the champagne citrusy floral scent that would perhaps be better worn in the summer.

Infatuation is a gorgeous, fruity scent that isn't too sweet. I tend to amp cherry, but not with this particular blend - it's more of a light tart citrus with a note of cherry.

This reminds me a lot of YSL's Baby Doll - one of my all time favorite commercial perfumes, so I *love* this. It's kind of a summery scent, and I can't wait to wear it then!

I am infatuated with Infatuation! I have a cold, so my nose is a bit on the fritz, but I can really smell the grapefruit and pikake :P luvluvluv

The Ecstasy of Infatuation:

Imp: Grapefruit, ginger, floral sweetness, definitely reminds me of the drink inspired by this scent at the MNS! - applied to back of left hand

Wet: Grapefruit and nothing but :P

Dry: Ugh, I have no idea what this would be called. Whatever ugly things musk and lemon can do in an alley, that's what this is. Ick.

Verdict: Not a keeper. :D

Yay, I recieved the Inquisition scent I wanted most!

On first sniff in the bottle, Infatuation is everything I ever wanted in a scent! It's sweet and tart fruity with cherry, grapefruit and other undiscernable fruits.

Very quickly, an exotic floral comes out and mingles with the fruits as the cherry and grapefruit fade and it turns into a general fruity exotic floral scent. I usually do not like florals, but this scent is not a typical floral, and it has major fruity undertones, even though it gets more and more florally as it fades.

Although I kinda wish this smelled just like the first sniff in the bottle, I really really like it and am a happy Inquisitionee. Thank you lab and post!

I have to say that this is one charming and light hearted scent!

It's not really fruity though there is the presence of black cherry. The pink grapefruit and lemon verbena lend citrus tones to the mix with the pikaki, plumeria and Hawaiian ginger giving Infatuation a decidedly carefree, positive and slightly tropical island note.

Upon drydown, it's sweet, lovely and a very happy fragrance with the scents of fruit, citrus & floral blending together to create a very uplifting scent.

I can definitely see wearing this in the summer and even in spring.

All in all, a very wearable and pretty fragrance!

:P

Edited by VenusFlyTrap

Sigh. I had SUCH high hopes for this one - it sounds full of things that I just love. And it's just how everyone describes it - light, pretty, cheery, fresh, all that kind of thing. But there is something in here that smells just like soap to me. It's not even that it's turning to soap on my skin - I think there's a note in here that I associate with a soap or shampoo or something. I get that soapy taste in the back of my throat. Oh well. It's just as well, since I just have the imp - now I don't have to worry about tracking down a bottle! (And I am VERY glad I got to try it.)

I swapped my True Love for this, and I absolutely adore it. This may have replaced Underpants as my all-time fave. In the bottle, I can really smell the fruit and champagne. The dark cherry is lovely, much more complex and interesting than regular ole cherry. On the drydown I get less champagne sparkle and more of a subtle, sexy fruity muskiness. Love it!!! :P

Wow, this is REALLY citrussy! It's a very bright scent, very happy, but not "young," if you understand what I'm sayin'. HGM was a young scent, but this is more clean and well rounded, my third favorite out of the Inquisitions!

I could cry! In about five minutes on my demon skin this scent goes from maraschino cherries and pink grapefruit (good) to champagne grapes and plumeria (bad). I can only sit here sniffing my wrists and wondering whether I was a puppy-killer in a past life. Cruel cruel world!

Very fruity, almost bubble-gumy. It kind of reminds me of Hawaiian punch. The verbena is being quiet, thank goodness. Lots of cherry, a bit of grapefruit, and some plumeria. It's ok but not great.