Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ladymissspyder

Creating BPAL Gift Packs with a Theme

OK, I was trying to think of creative ways to give imp packs to friends, since I didn't want to buy a whole bottle and have it be All Wrong. At least with an imp pack, they're likely to find something they like...

Anyway. On to the ideas. If they sound more than a little campy, my apologies. I'm a campy girl.

TIKI SET

Imps: Bengal, Elegba, Intrigue, Manila, Pele, Sea of Glass

Wrap the imps in bright tissue paper, then present in a plastic coconut bowl with other tiki-themed items, like: candied pineapple, a tiki art book, paper umbrellas, toy flamingos, sparkly bronzer, etc...

BELLY UP TO THE BAR

Imps: Absinthe, Bon Vivant, Grand Guignol, Grog, The Hamptons, Juke Joint, Roadhouse, Swank, Twenty-One

Wrap the imps in sheer iridescent tissue paper, and give in a shaker. Could go in a basket with either barware or other alcoholic-scented bath and body stuff.

ARR, MATEYS

Imps (haha this might need thinning): Anne Bonny, Bayou, Greed, Grog, Hurricane, Jolly Roger, Lightning, New Orleans, Port-Au-Prince, Santo Domingo, Sin, Siren, Undertow, Wrath, Zephyr

Wrap the imps in metallic paper (preferrably gold), and give in a toy treasure chest. ...Maybe toss in some party beads and chocolate coins?

...does anyone else have any ideas?

Chocolate/Candy theme packaged with samples of gourmet chocolate:

Bliss, Gluttony, Vice, Jailbait, Trick or Treat, Sugar Skull

Tea sampler with lots of various teas & a tea ball & a nice mug:

Severin, Dorian, Kumiho, the Dormouse, White Rabbit, Shanghai

The Undead pack with a zombie/ghost DVD or two? Heh.

Zombi, Burial, Kuang Shi, Ghost, Embalming Fluid, Haunted

I'll add more if my brain cooperates. :P

Travel Set

six or so Wanderlust imps, put into a traveling case of some kind with other sample size stuff so that they have an overnight bag ready to go... anywhere!

Out in the Garden

six or so RG scents, along with a trowel, a spade, and a pair of gardening gloves.

n.

Ooo! I'm so glad others think this is a cool idea. I am planning a Christmas gift "sex pack" for my best friend. These are the 6 I have in mind for her:

O

Snake Oil

Sin

Lust

Rapture

Forbidden Fruit

I think this is an interesting mix of different scents. I'm going to place it in a basket with a gift card and some *ahem* other fun stuff.

Geniuses, you people are!

Okay, I've got one:

OSCAR WILDE GIFT PACK:

Wilde

Dorian

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

Ave Maria Gratia Plena

Endymion

London

Maybe packed in a tea cup with a green carnation or a white calla lily, with a copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray or collection of his poems? Maybe with a tin of fine English tea?

I would be thrilled to pieces if I got something like that for Christmas, but then again, I'm a geek. :P

Great ideas!!! I think I'm working on my own Wanderlust Travel Pack one scent for every location I visit. Do I have to give it as a gift??? Maybe just gift myself!

i'm doing this for my mom: one imp for places that she has visited, three of which we've gone to together :P

n.

Out in the Garden

six or so RG scents, along with a trowel, a spade, and a pair of gardening gloves.

Expounding on that idea, I found this, which may be more than you planned on spending, but perhaps you could find a little terrarium and seeds to some of the Rappaccinni Garden series and include them with imps of the BPAL versions. Baneberry, Belladonna, Wolfsbane, Black Hellebore, Moonrose (you could get moonflower seeds for this), and Mantis (and a plastic figurine of Brak).

I found seeds available here, but I know nothing of this vendor personally.

Ooo! I'm so glad others think this is a cool idea. I am planning a Christmas gift "sex pack" for my best friend. These are the 6 I have in mind for her:

O

Snake Oil

Sin

Lust

Rapture

Forbidden Fruit

I think this is an interesting mix of different scents. I'm going to place it in a basket with a gift card and some *ahem* other fun stuff.

With regard to sex sets, and a little dirtier, an S&M set is crying to be made:

De Sade, Whip, Wanda, Severin ,Pain, Perversion

Along with a pair of fuzzy handcuffs....hehe.

Also, a renaissance-inspired set could be fun:

Bess, Catherine, Florence, Venice, Cathedral, Lady Macbeth (or any illyria scent, really).

Ooooh, and a poet's set:

Languor, Absinthe, Raven, Twenty One, Highwayman and either something with opium/poppy or mata hari for the coffee.

This could be served up with a cool little notebook and pen.

Edited by jewelbug

O

Snake Oil

Sin

Lust

Rapture

Forbidden Fruit

Also, a renaissance-inspired set could be fun:

Bess, Catherine, Florence, Venice, Cathedral, Lady Macbeth (or any illyria scent, really).

Ooooh, and a poet's set:

Languor, Absinthe, Raven, Twenty One, Highwayman and either something with opium/poppy or mata hari for the coffee.

This could be served up with a cool little notebook and pen.

Oo, I really like the renaissance set. I think that would be absolutely perfect for my sister.

I was thinking about this one today. What about a set for coffee lovers? Put a set of imps (with coffee-like notes, of course) into a large mug with a bag of really good coffee beans. Anything warm with chocolate or vanilla.

Edited by PrettyPenny

OMG! i was wondering what to do for a friend's bridal shower....

i could get her some sextoy item (i like the idea of the handcuffs or a nice riding crop),but i think i'll combine the sex and SM sets....

O

DeSade

Whip

Perversion

All Night Long

Follow Me Boy :P

n.

i could get her some sextoy item (i like the idea of the handcuffs or a nice riding crop),but i think i'll combine the sex and SM sets....

O

DeSade

Whip

Perversion

All Night Long

Follow Me Boy :P

n.

Ooh, I love the addition of all night long and follow me boy. This is such a fun little activity!

What about a tour of the orient set: You could serve it up with a cute chopstick or hairsticks set and maybe a little tea or saki set.

Kyoto

Neo-Tokyo

Aizen-Myoo

Kabuki

Kitsune-tsuki

Kumiho

My "Pirate Pack" includes:

Anne Bonny

Black Pearl

Calico Jack

Grog

Jolly Roger

Port Royal

I will give it to my little sister, whom I taught to play pirates when she was six. After I try a drop of each, of course.

This sounds great. I'm not preparing a gift, but an introduction to BPAL for an online friend I'll be meeting for the frist time next week. She likes literature a lot and I think I'll show her:

For roses: 2,5,7 OR Othello OR Black Rose OR Harlot.

For lilies: Black Lily.

For floral/amber: Aglaea OR Brisingamen

For manly: Valmont OR Casanova.

For spice: Al-Shairan OR O.

For fresh: Baoban Sith (but Valmont is already a fresh blend) OR Empyreal Mist.

For fruity: Bathsheba or Glasgow or Eve.

For foody: Eat Me or Vice.

I don't think she will be able to smell more than five imps in one day at the most, so selecting from this list is going to be very hard!

How about a Faery set, with Titania, Robin Goodfellow, Fae, Dana O'Shee, Oberon, Leanan Sidhe, and Queen Mab? You could add some glittery fairy dust and art by Brian Froud or another fairy artist.

How about a Bride to Be set?

Imps of:

Elixir II: Succor & Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo (de-stressing for the run-up to the wedding)

Dream Formula V: Somnus (a good night's sleep for the night before the wedding)

Lilium Inter Spinas & Queen of Sheba for the day itself (at least, they're what I'd choose if someone was getting married in church, as one of the popular wedding readings in the UK is from the Song of Solomon, and a popular organ piece for when the bride enters is the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba)

And 'All Night Long' for the honeymoon!

How about a Bride to Be set?

Imps of:

Elixir II: Succor & Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo (de-stressing for the run-up to the wedding)

Dream Formula V: Somnus (a good night's sleep for the night before the wedding)

Lilium Inter Spinas & Queen of Sheba for the day itself (at least, they're what I'd choose if someone was getting married in church, as one of the popular wedding readings in the UK is from the Song of Solomon, and a popular organ piece for when the bride enters is the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba)

And 'All Night Long' for the honeymoon!

You could also add an imp or two of something related to the honeymoon destination.

ladymissspyder,

Will you come to my birthday please?

HELL IN A HANDBASKET

Red Devil, Al Shairan, Fallen, Old Scratch, Hell's Belle, Hellfire and Sheol. With a horned hairband, a pack of matches and a Satanic Bible.

PROSTITUTION PARTY PACK

Sacred whore of Babylon, Red Lantern, Harlot, Bien Loin D'Ici, Cleo May, Trick I&II. With a red lightbulb, a pair of contrast seamed stockings, nipple tassles and red lace open crotch panties.

SCENTED SEAMSTRESS

Velvet, Antique Lace, Silk Road. With needles, sewing magazines and a fabric store gif voucher.

WARRIOR WONDERLAND

War, Mars, Great Sword of War, The Bow and Crown of Conquest, Bloodlust, Eris. With The Art of War and a Sword.

I'd go for Scented Seamstress!

Had another idea, hope nobody minds-

A Dresden Files pack- based on the books (by Jim Butcher)-

Incantation (Harry Dresden is a wizard)

Tempest (the first book is called Storm Front)

Loup Garou (features quite prominently in the second book- I won't say how or why)

Leanansidhe (another one that features in the books, another one I don't want to spoil if you haven't read them!)

Queen Mab (gives Harry a job in the fourth book, Summer Knight)

Blood (Harry goes up against vampires quite frequently...)

Or am I the only one that would appeal to...

I've been reorganizing my CDs and was inspired.

Chocolate Heaven

Bliss, Boomslang, Velvet, Centzon Totochtin, and Gluttony. A bar of chocolate or a tub of chocolate body paint, and the Putomayo CD "Music from the Chocolate Lands."

The Big Easy

New Orleans, Bayou, Jazz Funereal, Voodoo, #20 Love Oil, French Creole. Strings of beads and a Louisiana music sampler CD, and, if it's to be given in person, Bloody Mary mix with green beans for garnish.

PROSTITUTION PARTY PACK

Sacred whore of Babylon, Red Lantern, Harlot, Bien Loin D'Ici, Cleo May, Trick I&II. With a red lightbulb, a pair of contrast seamed stockings, nipple tassles and red lace open crotch panties.

:P

I'd go for Scented Seamstress!

Had another idea, hope nobody minds-

A Dresden Files pack- based on the books (by Jim Butcher)-

Incantation (Harry Dresden is a wizard)

Tempest (the first book is called Storm Front)

Loup Garou (features quite prominently in the second book- I won't say how or why)

Leanansidhe (another one that features in the books, another one I don't want to spoil if you haven't read them!)

Queen Mab (gives Harry a job in the fourth book, Summer Knight)

Blood (Harry goes up against vampires quite frequently...)

Or am I the only one that would appeal to...

Not my cup of tea but I love the Dresden files

My version of the Dresden Files:

Magus, Fenris Wolf, Blood Kiss, Fae, Fallen and Arcana

The Black Tower series by Stephen King:

Black Tower (duh!), La Belle Dame Sans Merci (for Susannah Dean), Love Me, Eternal, Rose Cross (for the Rose), Spider

HELL IN A HANDBASKET

Red Devil, Al Shairan, Fallen, Old Scratch, Hell's Belle, Hellfire and Sheol. With a horned hairband, a pack of matches and a Satanic Bible.

PROSTITUTION PARTY PACK

SCENTED SEAMSTRESS

Velvet, Antique Lace, Silk Road. With needles, sewing magazines and a fabric store gif voucher.

WARRIOR WONDERLAND

War, Mars, Great Sword of War, The Bow and Crown of Conquest, Bloodlust, Eris. With The Art of War and a Sword.

Those are awesome! :P

I made another prostitution pack (BPAL has a lot of scents that would work with this theme :D

Prostitution Party Pack #2:

Bordello, Carnal, Smut, Wanton, #20 Love Oil, Dirty. With black garter and stockings (for when she's working) and a t-shirt defending Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton (for when she's not). Dirty is also probably for when she's not working.

More, non-idea-copying packs later. :D

Thanks for the compliment!

Imitation is the best form of flattery :P

COMING OF AGE PACK

Bitch oil and Fizzyboom, Maiden, jailbait, Temple of the Maiden, Initiation, Budding Moon, a box of tampons,pink lipgloss, chocolate and a cutesy bra and panty set.

I've recently discovered BPAL. My step-mom loves Ancient Egyptian stuff. She can't drive since she had a stroke (has blackouts) & lives in a small city so she is limited in her perfume choices. I thought I'd put together some Egyptian-themed imps for her for next Christmas. I found the perfect gift box to put it in. It's leather, lotus flowers stamped into the leather on the sides. It was only $15NZD (approx $11.55USD). I picked it up because I know it would be gone by the time Christmas comes around. They only had 3 of this size.

BPALboxes2cr399X2993061.jpg

Here are the imps I want to get to put in it to give her:

Anubis

Bastet

Nuit

Cairo

Black Lotus

Blood Lotus

Nefertiti

I've just ordered a decant of The Flower Song so I might get her either a bottle of that or give her the imp if my wife doesn't like it.

I showed the box to a friend at work and she loved it. She's had a rough time in the last year or 2 so we've picked one up for her. We introduced her to BPAL last week. She loved a frimp I got from a swap, Perversion, and one of my wife's imps from our first order, Hell's Belle, so we have put those in it to give her Monday. She really likes Vampire Tears too and I have a bottle on order for her.

:P Thought I'd share the idea.

Here's a shot of the 2 boxes closed:

BPALboxes1399X2993060copy.jpg