Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
germanfries

Ralph Lauren perfumes - discuss similar BPALs here

i've been wondering - does anyone know of any BPAL oils that are similar to Ralph Lauren's Ralph? i've always liked that scent a lot and was hoping to find one in BPAL world.

i'll copy and paste the notes from Sephora's website:

Notes:

Apple Tree Leaves, Yellow Freesia, Italian Mandarin, Japanese Loquat, Osmanthus, Magnolia, Linden Blossom Flower, Purple Freesia, Boronia, Musk 2000, White Orris.

thanks!!

Okay, this is probably going to sound silly, but why not just buy Ralph? If you really like it and it's still readily available..

There's nothing in the general catalogue that will duplicate Ralph. There are scents with a musk and orris base, but they tend to not have the kinds of florals Ralph does (in fact, a rough search shows it's unlikely that a BPAL with musk and orris would have florals at all). Further, I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the GC wih a loquat note.

As far as style goes, it looks like Ralph is a fruity floral. This is a pretty common kind of scent in the GC. Fae, Katherina, Juliet and Agalaea would be some of the obvious scents to try, since they've all got a musk base note like Ralph.

Kalli

Retyped, there's no problem with starting a thread like this - you aren't limited to that thread, although you're free to ask questions there too. :P

Either way, hope you get some good suggestions - I haven't smelled this one in ages. Do you know what notes are in it?

Retyped, there's no problem with starting a thread like this - you aren't limited to that thread, although you're free to ask questions there too. :P

Either way, hope you get some good suggestions - I haven't smelled this one in ages. Do you know what notes are in it?

I think there's rose, my nose is relatively untrained so it just smells like a mishmash of florals. I need to find the contents to help my search. It's a lovely scent, but BPAL seriously kicks its ass, you know?

Voila! Here's what I found:

Top notes: ginger, lychee, marigold, yellow freesia, chamomile oil, sungoddess rose

Heart notes: night blooming daylily, white violet, paradisone, lotus flower

Base notes: patchouli coeur, oakmoss, exotic woods, skin musk 2000

I used the first link in this thread, which is kinda buried in this section. But the pinned area is already pretty cluttered, so I have avoided adding anything else to it.

Voila! Here's what I found:

Top notes: ginger, lychee, marigold, yellow freesia, chamomile oil, sungoddess rose

Heart notes: night blooming daylily, white violet, paradisone, lotus flower

Base notes: patchouli coeur, oakmoss, exotic woods, skin musk 2000

I used the first link in this thread, which is kinda buried in this section. But the pinned area is already pretty cluttered, so I have avoided adding anything else to it.

Oh, thank the gods! I am so, so excited. You should really add this to the top of your other post about this issue, it's really useful. Thank you, thank you!!!

I took your suggestion and added the link to the first post in the new thread about finding BPALs to match commercial perfumes. Thanks for the idea!