Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sgrace

What BPAL is the most like Shalimar?

Thanks for the info! I don't expect an exact duplicate of Shalimar, just something similar for my friend who loves it. I'm aiming to put together a fairly diverse sampler (just in case she's changed her mind and now loves light florals!) but wanted to include one "Oriental" Shalimar type scent.

I just got my imp of Ozymandias, and the opening note is almost exctly like that of Shalimar. And it has a warm ambery drydown that I adore. :P

My husband last night said that Stardust is very close to Shalimar. Granted it was the 05 version that I had a wee bit of, but it's possible that this year's version would be close. :P

~Jen

Old thread, but I agree re: the comparison of Shalimar and Haunted - I've not tried the regular Shalimar, but Haunted is a ringer for Shalimar Eau Legere on me.

On me, Jacob's Ladder '05 is very close to Shalimar. I agree that Haunted is similar, too, though the base is more cologney to my nose.

My mom used to wear Shalimar exclusively, and she agrees that Haunted smells a lot like it.

Hijack: That review of Andrabell's for Dorian is what brought me to the forum!

I thought Snake Oil would be similar to Shalimar, but it actually isn't. Snake Oil is much sweeter (almost powdered sugar sweet) and smells so much richer. Shalimar has a lemony note that make the scents much different. Both have an incense vibe but they don't smell that much alike. I have Snake Oil on one arm and Shalimar on the other right now.

I like Shalimar and it would be loveee if there were more citrus? Which is why my everyday and favorite-est perfume is Haunted layered with bergamont.

So what else does BPAL have to offer along the lines of Shalimar + mo' citrus? Thanks in advance! Reading through this topic, I thought Vixen might look good but the patchouli worries me...

I think that Haunted smells like Shalimar, too... which is one of the reasons I got an imp of it in my first order. My mother, who has been wearing Shalimar for 40 years, disagreed. :lol: