Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

She is tearful and dejected: her lover has broken a promise, and did not arrive for their tryst. She feels that she has been deceived, and her heart is volleyed from misery, to anger, to resentment: benzoin, Greek sage, hay, melaleuca ericifolia, oakmoss, and blue chamomile.

I don't get any of the sweetness people are talking about. I get a powdery herbal scent. Almost aquatic. It mostly smells like damp sage to me, with a llliiiiiiiiiiiiittle tiny bit of oakmoss lurking in the background. I probably wouldn't be able to detect the oakmoss without already knowing it as a note. Edited by Shollin

The Heroines were my first love (and hunt-for) in bpal fandom. I was decanting a bit to send to a forumite and I just "discovered" this, after acquiring a partial (and forgetting about it) half a year ago.

This is not a bitter scent on me. It's not sweet either, but rather a green, herbal, lush blend with something airy/aquatic. Something very very familiar is in there, but I can't place it. Maybe the Greek sage or the chamomile?

Also, I don't know why, but this beautiful scent screams "guy" to me. Probably a childhood memory.

This overlooked blend will be getting my love in the springtime ahead for days that are full of meetings-presentations etc and I don't want to be too girly.

Grr. There is something here I don't like. It might be the sage. This sort of smells like cough syrup on me. Ugh.

First sniff: Yellow-green and a bit medicinal. Quiet and reflective, dried flowers and herbs and incense. She’s sad and confused, not angry.

Wearing: It’s very soothing, despite the emotional inspiration. Yellow grass and cool evening breeze, a wind-rippled field in the moonlight.

the first thought i have, when putting this on, is that it smells like my mom's ex-husband, a melange of balsam & protein shampoo, too much cologne, and baby powder.

i'm not sure what makes me think that, but i can't get past it. that's probably why i've never worn it :trout:

Wet: Incense. Reminds me a lot of Mr. Jacquel, actually, with the same sort of medicinal-incense tone.

Drydown: The herbs come out more. I can smell green grass, something that kinda smells like tea tree oil but less overpowering, and something bitter I can't quite put my finger on.

Dry: This doesn't quite come together for me. The separate notes stay separate, with a hint of mustiness in the throw. Not for me!

This is all kinds of masculine yuck on me. I'm getting old man spice and dusty sage. It won't even wash off. Grr.