Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dressed seductively and sumptuously, reclining in a bed strewn with glorious, sensual blooms, she awaits the arrival of her lover. Her breath is quick with anticipation, and her cheeks are flushed with passion: skin musk, wild orchid, champaca flower, amaranth, tonka bean, and French vanilla.

I CANNOT put my finger on this one...at first it smelled like nothing on me ("Hey, am I just so darn sexy I smell like this naturally?"), but now it seems to be screaming FLORAL! POWDER! TROPICAL FRUIT! It smells a little like Super Bad's "Holidays on a Pirate Ship" that I sampled once, but less rummy and more floral. Surprisingly though, it seems to be a hit with the husband. I think I might get a bottle and let it age as well...this did not meet my high expectations, but it met his. Hmmm, I'll definitely give this another try.

Oooh, this is absolutely gorgeous! Very sweet and fruity! It makes me feel pretty, even as I sit here in my pajamas. :D

I'm definitely upgrading this to a bottle! :P

I did not expect to like Vasakasajja, since I rarely go for sweet scents, but I think I like her best of all the Heroines decants I have tried, and worth ordering a bottle before she goes poof. She is quite sweet, but lush (I keep on thinking she is the one with the cream in her, even though that is Abhisarika) and is a very lovely and pleasant scent I do not mind at all. I can see how she is a scent of happy expectations.

Gorgeous! So beautifully sweet, seductive and floral. The top notes on me are the french vanilla, the tonka bean, and the orchid. I really love orchid blends, and this is arguably the best one I have ever sniffed. The vanilla note is particularly beautiful, and I don't know if I've ever smelled th lab's french vanilla note before, but it is noticably different from their vanilla and vanilla bean notes. This is such a lovely combination, I just adore it. I am so glad I ordered a bottle, I will certainly use this often. It doesn't have a ton of throw or lasting power, but it's worth it to re apply. :P

This is a very subtle, smooth, feminine blend. I'd classify it as a tropical fruity floral, even though that's not what I was expecting from the description. It doesn't have a lot of throw, but it's very pretty.

Very fruity on me with a soft hint of vanilla and musk. Definitely tropical fruits...makes me think of a fruity drink. It's very pretty and I think will be lovely for when I'm feeling girly but not so floral.

Edit: This has become one of my very most favorite scents. I don't know what I was thinking when I first wrote this review because it does no justice to the luscious loveliness of this fragrance. I want to bathe in this. It is so feminine and flirty with just a tiny musky hint of sex. I love you Vassakassajja.

Edited by Kimocean

Oof. Headache-inducing chemical floral. There were so many other notes in here I was hoping would come to the forefront and that the floral would lurk in the background, but it was not to be. I had to wash this off.

in the decant: Fruity sweet.

on: The tonka and vanilla develop underneath; this never becomes strongly Vanilla. The orchid is more gentle than heady.

As so often happens, this one reminds me of something else that I can't ... quite ... grasp.

I like this and got a particularly special compliment :P while wearing it, so I've ordered a bottle.

Very sweet and fruity. I can see the tropical references. I don't get much vanilla, myself (wish I did!), but it is a very lovely scent. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not, though. It might actually be too sweet for me, and without the vanilla, it might be too much fruit, too. Will have to ponder. :P

Not bad at all... Less sweet than I had expected. I'd been a bit worried about the florals in here, but it seems like the musk, tonka and vanilla soften them a fair bit, so that it's more of a creamy vanilla-musk with slight floral touches than a floral as such. Which is a Very Good Thing for me, as I don't do florals well as a general rule.

I would also be willing to swear that there's some kind of fruit in here. None are listed as notes, so maybe it's just some odd synergistic effect created by the combination of the other notes, but to my nose there's a faint but definite impression of fruit, which compliments the other notes nicely.

It dries down quite nicely, becoming a soft-skin scent, with the vanilla never quite going to Play-Doh the way vanilla so often does on me. It's kind of like what Antique Lace could have been on me if it had successfully avoided the Play-Doh effect. And if it was tarted up with a bit of sexy musk as well. :P

Definitely a keeper -- might even be worth a bottle, though it's not really in the same realm of greatness as Khandita.

Grade: B+

Edited by Miss Lynx

Not as sweet as I was hoping instantly but fairly floral. Wasn’t overly captivated the first time I tested this but it feels like a very complex fragrance that wants some time to develop. I can’t name the fruity, sweet note off the top of my head in this but it is beautiful. I was sort of hoping that more of the vanilla would come through but I think I’m finally picking up the fabled skin musk that everyone is so enamoured with – and for good reason. A sweet, sensual fragrance.

In the imp, this is all honeydew melon-ish.

On my skin, the melon smell is very strong at first and dominates for a long time. I'm usually not a big melon person (I don't eat honeydew or cantaloupe), but this is fresh and nice. Makes me think of that transition time between spring and full-blown summer where it's really warm and lush but not stiflingly humid yet. It's really yummy.

Later, the floral and musk come out a little more underneath the luscious melon. It's a very dry sort of floral, like perfume residue left on a pillow.

Verdict: This is one of my top 3 out of the Heroines. I'm definitely keeping the imp, and I will try to get a full bottle if I can afford it.

I purchased this on a recommendation from my daughter. In the bottle, I was not impressed at all. It was too nondescript, too fruity. Since I did purchase it, I decided to go ahead and try it. The first few minutes it still was pretty blah. Then the orchid and warm vanilla started to take over. This seems to be the type of fragrance that gets better over time. The beautiful musk notes swirl around with the gorgeous vanilla while the fruitiness I first detected has really faded to the background.

Oh man, I really really wanted to love this but it turned into a complicated floral that was way too sweet on me :P It was too fruity floral for me and I got no vanilla whatsoever :D Definitely try it if you're a fan of fruity florals.

I am in LOVE with this particular Heroine, even though I was suspecting something much more sensual from the description. And this is sensual, just not in a seductive, come hither kind of way. Vasakasajja remindes me of a woman who's open, confident, and unabashed about her femininity. The vanilla in here is one of the most gorgeous I've ever smelled, it's just so rich and smooth. I'm so glad the Faces of the Heroine haven't been taken down yet as it gives me time to buy a bottle. :P

Edited by little_galaxie

In the Bottle: Raw, musky floral with a slight sour note underneath.

Initial Wet: Fruity! It smells like tropical fruits mashed together. I didn't expect any fruitiness out of this blend. It's sweet, almost honey-like, which must be the tonka and vanilla.

Initial Dry: Floral and fruity. It's a lively blend of sweet and flowers, but not necessarily sweet flowers. The skin musk starts to come through and the throw is a nice, warm tonka and vanilla with just a hint of flowers.

Drier Dry: The skin musk really takes hold, forming a nice base for the rest of the notes. The fruit has died down somewhat and now it's just a sweet, almost foody, floral. The throw is no longer quite as strong, which is a shame because I really liked it.

Others have compared this to Khajuraho, but I don't really get that particular connection. Maybe if I mixed Khajuraho with Perfumed Garden, that would be closer. I was hoping this would be just a bit less floral than it actually is. The fruity note took me by surprise. I'm not sure yet if this one is a keeper. I like the vanilla, tonka, and skin musk but don't know what to think of the fruity and strong florals.

Somebody mentioned that this is slightly like Manila, and I get the same impression, except that this is fresher, somehow. Soft fruityness with vanilla. Actually, this reminds me of vanilla ice cream with fresh chunks of pineapple on top. I'm also detecting something very faintly spicy - the amaranth, maybe? There's no huge difference in between the wet phase and drydown for me, it's just faintly flowery fruitiness all over.

A very lovely scent, and my skin reacts to it nicely, but it's far too soft and sweet for me. Too light, unintrusive and definitely too sweet. There are some notes I've encountered earlier that persistently keep on turning into pineapple on me that seem to be in Vasakasajja, too. I do like pineapple very much, but I don't want to be smelling like it. :P

Vasakasajja goes on like the freshest, most delightful "clean shampoo" smell imaginable. I don't know exactly which notes make me think of shampoo and freshly washed hair, but when I say an oil smells like shampoo, I mean it in a good way. These are the kinds of light fresh scents I like when it's hot out. And it's been unseasonably warm around here for several weeks.

It settles down to what smells like a mingling of floral and honey. It reminds me a lot of my Lush Flying Fox body wash (which is mainly jasmine and honey) and so I initially thought the dominant floral note was jasmine. After reading the notes, though, I've concluded that what I'm getting is orchid, and that both the floral and the honey impressions are probably due to the orchid. This is the same note that was so dripping-with-nectar in Shadow Witch Orchid and so honey-ish in Regan. Yummmm.

After a few hours the throw remains floral-honey-shampooish but if I sniff my wrist directly there's a somewhat cloying "perfume counter" sort of smell that seems to be a mixture of musk and something "green" that isn't vetiver but kind of reminds me of it. However! I love the throw, and my BF actually complimented me on this scent (he rarely likes my BPALs, at best he's usually indifferent), and so I'm willing to put up with the fact that it doesn't smell quite as good when I mash my nose right up into my wrist. Just need to keep in mind it smells better at arm's length. :P

This is VERY similar to the unreleased scent Baba Yaga, but slightly better on me, so YAY. Definitely very sensual, and it's a hot-weather sort of sensual as opposed to the heavier scents I wear when it's cold out.

Edited by lady_pandora

Mmmm, very pretty. DAMMIT WHY. Why did I wait to test these? Jeebus.

Sweet and floral without turning to detergent. I can't really pick out the tonka, but I know it's there, and I have a strong suspicion that's why these florals aren't kicking my ass.

Ooh, there it is. A sweet vanilla, not the vanilla I'm used to smelling in Lab blends. Maybe that's the French vanilla? I dunno. It's good, though, and it blends with the flowers to create a fruity sweet scent that is ultrafeminine without being cloying. Verra nice.

So sexy :D

I LOVE this one.

I hate fruity scents too so I don't get the fruity comparison some are picking up on or maybe my skin is just doing something different. In any event, I love it and it's making me feel like a vampy Indian princess on the make :P

The skin musk and the amaranth plus tonka is a good combo on me. Its musky with soft orchid coming through but not in an overpowering way. Very rich and nuanced.

If anyone wants to unload a bottle, please please shoot me a pm.

Wet: Pretty. Floral. White. The orchids smell rich and fruity due to the vanilla. If I'm up close, it smells like perfume/alcohol.

Dry: Just...wow. It's gotten prettier, if that's possible. Sweet and musky.

I've been looking for a gorgeous scent to wear for my wedding and I think I've found it. :P

OMG! :P

What the hell was I thinking when I first tried this one? I was convinced that I didn't like it -- too floral, too strong, just plain ick on me.

This is absolutely gorgeous. Maybe aging it a couple of months helped, since I didn't touch it for a while.

The orchid is there first and foremost, and it combines with the other florals to give a rich, heady floral. It reminds me of these gorgeous roses my mom had once at first, but then it settles down and is heady, glorious orchid (my favorite floral note) mixed with more flowers and an undercurrent of vanilla. I can see the fruitiness.. it's there, but not overpowering on me.

As it dries down, I get rich orchid laid over a gorgeous base of vanilla. And it's a rich vanilla, darker and sultrier than the fresher vanillas I'm used to. My skin adores vanilla in all forms, so this is wonderful for me. There's a hint of musk, but it's efinitely skin musk. This is very warm and sexy and it's going to be making its way into my regular wear.

I love the fruity, soft florals.

This *sounds* fantastically sexy, so I have high hopes! Hm, it reminds me of tiare flower--a sweet floral, sort of like gardenia but with an edge of vanilla and...coconut? Tropical and romantic. This will be pretty for summer.