Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simplicity and innocence, gleefully despoiled! Sugared violet.

In the bottle, Dimatapp grape liquid medicine. No, I’m not kidding.

Wet on my skin, very violet/grapey (I have no idea what’s translating as “sickly sweet Dimetapp cough syrup” in my brain), hardly any sugar at all.

Eventually, the powdery vanilla sugar smell shows up a little, turning this almost to cotton candy on my skin. It smells like violet candies. I think I may be one of the multitudes that just can’t handle the violets, sadly, cos this could be quite pretty. I was expecting to like Hope better, anyway. :P Edited by Christine Daae

In the bottle:

Some kind of candy I can't quite place.

Wet:

The candy smell briefly goes a bit cough-syruppy but then quickly goes to VIOLET VIOLET VIOLET. Even if I didn't know that this was the main note, I would recognize it. :P

Dry:

On the initial drydown, I started to get a burning-rubber note, but thankfully, it seems to have gone away now. Sugary, creamy violets. Yum!

Edited to add:

I finally wore this out of the house and for a full day yesterday, and the verdict is... this is PURE LOVE. It's a simple fragrance, but I love the sugary, creamy, violetty smell.

Edited by n3m3sis42

Oh, this is a wonderful scent! The violet candy description is quite accurate - it's very, very sweet, but so girly and pretty! I can't get enough of it.

I'm sad that this can't be ordered on its own, because while Hope is probably the best rose scent I've ever tried, it's still a rose scent, which just isn't my thing. But Faith on the other hand is purple and sweet and amazing.

Faith is just lovely on me.

Wet, she's violets and sugar. As she dries, the florals burst forth, but in a delicate way.

Six hours after application she's a beautiful, creamy, sugary floral. I'll definitely wear this regularly.

Faith isn't a scent I would have picked out for myself, but a generous swapper gifted me with a testable sniffle.

In vial: Smells like peeps!

On: I smell like I've dunked my arms in a vat of cotton candy. After the first wave of sugaromg passes, it mellows to a sweet, creamy loveliness. It's so not me - I like my sweet scents to be foody like whoa - but I'm somewhat intrigued by violet now. Oddly, it earned the rare approval of the boyfriend.

It remains much the same hours later... I'm surprised at how long such a delicate scent is lasting.

I get violets in the imp, no surprise there, and a hint of sweetness - but there's also a darkness and earthiness to the scent. When I put it on, it's much lighter and sweeter on my skin. Dry, not much of a change - sweet violets - with more of that dark earthiness I smelled in the imp. There's nothing to dislike here, but I'm definitely not in love. Very light - good to wear on a day that you didn't want your scent to stand out. I'm tempted to try layering it with some other scents.

so. i've had this for quite a while but hadn't opened the bottle until tonight to decant some out for part of a swap.

i don't like the smell of violets.

as candy, they're okay.

the sugar here keeps this from being total soapy-floral-ick on me, but this is still nothing i'll ever reach for.

a lovely vintage-sort of smell, but not for me.

I was disappointed with Hope, but Faith...

In the vial: Sweet, sweet violets! :P

On my skin: It smells the same!

Dry: This is creamier to this now, Sweet, creamy violets!

This lasts a long time on me, and it has an average throw.

I really like this one, it is very lovely! Very well blended!!!

Ahh, I was right. I like Faith much better than Hope. Soft violets when wet. For about a minute there I was fearful of it turning ultra-powdery with a sour touch like Hope, but it calmed down and went back to soft violets. Not very sugary and just a touch powdery. Though this is not the greatest violet scent I've ever known, I enjoy it quite a bit. With me usually, violet=unbeatable. (Even Numb was pretty good.) I can see getting a bottle of this.

I was fairly certain that I'd love Faith without ever even smelling her, so when I found a bottle for sale, I jumped on it.

Just like I figured, I LOVE this one. It's so light and sweet and feminine. It's white sugar crystallized violets, delicate and like air-spun candy. I love violet scented anything, and this is quite possibly the best violet scent I've tried. The sugar keeps the floral from going at all soapy, and I love the fact that there's no greeness to be found here. It's just purple sugared petals, and so, so pretty. My only problem with it is that there's not much throw and it doesn't last. This is one that needs to be applied generously and often, at least for me.

I absolutely need more bottles before the Carnival leaves town. I've been wearing it all fall and into the winter, but it would be a GORGEOUS spring and summer scent.

i'm a violet fan. the sort that eats violet gums and candies and people nearby ask if i've eaten soap. so no surprise that i fell instantly in love with Faith...

in the bottle, i found Faith and Hope indistiguishable: lovely sugar on both counts. i thought that was brilliant, what with the whole conjoined twins thing.

wet on my skin: Faith's particular presence starts to make itself known: the sugar starts to mellow and the violet comes out sharp.

dry down: the sugar becomes more creamy, the violet becomes more candy-like, less floral

an hour later: exactly like candied violets. delicious, soft, sweet. the sugar has become a vanilla creme and the violet isn't floral so much as food like.

love!!! :P

Got this as a decant from a forumite.

In the imp: sweet violets.

Wet: violet-flavored Sugar Skulls.

Drydown: OMG sugared violets. Just like the violet pastilles one finds occasionally in drugstores.

For me this one is made of win.

Delicious. Although I generally don't go for "sweet" scents, I love this one. Lovely violet scent that's not "old lady" or cloying. Very fresh. Nice staying power. Also very nice when blended with Hope.

Oh, wow.

:P

I was NOT expecting to love this as much as I do. I am not a floral person (I think I've said that in a bunch of reviews now!). Violets, however, seem to work on me. And Faith reaaaaally works on me.

In the imp, it's so sugary - and a REAL sugar smell, not some fakey perfume-trying-to-be-sugar smell. Pure sugar.

On my skin, the violet pops out, and the sugar blends perfectly. When I walked into the room, my husband immediately said "Wow, you smell good!!" and then asked which one this is (he's gotten used to my wearing a different scent every day since I'm trying to test the ton of imps I've acquired in the past couple of months). :D

As it dries down, there is a softness that emerges, almost like the flowers and sugar combined with vanilla. The flowers are never too "floral" - there is more of a candy sweetness.

Want. Bottle. Too bad I am so not into rose, so I would have no use for this lady's sister!

Faith smells a lot like Antique Lace. I noticed it also smells kind of like Possets Sugared Violets, which I really liked, but this is much better. I love Antique Lace, and had no idea there was another Antique Lace "something else" out there! I have a bottle of Black Lace coming, and I hear it smells like AL and Dracul. Can't wait! I love Faith, it's def. keeper.

Pink Moon made me realize that I love sugared florals, so I was dying to get my hands on an imp of Faith. It's really lovely. A soft, sweet, creamy vanilla violet. Not at all powdery or old-ladyish. Youthful, bright, flirty. A lovely floral for spring or summer. Now I just need to try Hope!

Edited by tinyvulture

sugary creamy violet with a hint of the plastic-ness a la Snow White. i couldnt handle the Snow White, but the sugar in this makes the plastic ok. cant really say that i smell the violet in this one. it is a pretty, simple floral but i think i like hope better.

Oh, the quest to find the perfect violet. This smells to me identical to a Bath & Body Works lotion my mom gave me from a couple of years, a violet scent. It's sweet and tame, and doesn't go powdery like some violets do. It is just fringing on that sweet plastic thing, though. That's violets for you- either powder or plastic. I like Hope better, and this is nice, but not amazing.

Definitely sugared violets! I am discovering that I like sugared florals, but violet has something slightly sharp. I like it, but I have to be in the right mood for this one.

Oh my goodness, this smells SO divinely good in the imp. Sugared violet perfection! It definitely reminds me a lot of Antique Lace, which is one of my bpal staples. Hopefully my skin chemistry won't mess this up!

This definitely gets more violety and less sugary on the skin, so it starts to differentiate itself more from Antique Lace. This is a much more purple smell than Antique Lace. Oh, so pretty. Creamy and sweet and violety goodness...

OK. Yes, this is amazing and is getting shot to the top of my bottle wishlist! :P :D :D (Now just have to figure out how to get it without having to get Hope... :) )

First Impression: Violets

Dries down to: Sweet.

Additional Comments: This doesn't quite live up to my expectations. I love violets but I can't get past the "musty" note in the early stages.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5.

You know, I really don't like violet - but I think I can wear and enjoy Faith. The sweetness cuts the soap factor that I feel from violet. Very nicely done!

In bottle/imp: Sweet violet, but almost fruity as well.

Immediately on skin: This is fruity violet mixed with something like vanilla sugar. It doesn’t smell like vanilla really, but it takes away the perfume-y quality of the violet. It smells like violet taffy or candy.

After a little while: This hasn’t changed much from when I first put it on. It’s still violet, but very sweet and almost fruity.

Overall Impressions: I was expecting this scent to be rather soft, like I would expect real violets dusted with sugar to smell like. Instead to me this smells like violet candy, deep purple and very sweet with a fruity flowery scent or taste to it. It does smell like violets, but other things too that I can’t really identify. I don’t like it for me, but I think it’s a very girly, sweet scent.

Oh sweet merciful SUGAR, yes!!! :P

Oh wow. On me this is a mix of the sweetest violets ever grown on this good Earth of ours, swirling around in a vat of Lush's American Cream, with a dash of Jone's Cream Soda thrown in just for kicks. I was hoping to love Faith near as much as her glorious sister, and oh, do I ever! :D