Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simplicity and innocence, gleefully despoiled! Sugared violet.

This is a beautiful, sweet, quiet violet that I love.

There's literally no morph on me between wet on bottle and dry on skin.

It's not got a lot of throw, which is perfect for me to wear to work.

The only thing I'd like with this is a longer wear time...but it just gives me an excuse to slather.

Definitely a keeper, and worth a backup bottle.

Edited by Psycry

I got an imp in a PIF from Bethany. Thank you darling!
In the Imp: Sugary floral goodness.
Wet: Very light floral. I can't really tell what it is at first, then the Violet starts to emerge. It's very light. It almost reminds me of Antique Lace in a way. But with Violet instead of Vanilla.
Dry, after about 5 minutes: Violets and a bit of sugar. It's not bad, it's light and pretty. I'm really thankful it's not Old Lady Violet. You know the kind I'm talking about. It's the unpleasant kind that stinks to high heaven. No one likes that kind of violet.
Dry after 10 minutes: Still Violet Lace. That's what I'm gonna call this.
Dry after 30 minutes: The sweetness starts to surface. It's kind of enjoyable.

Dry after 40 minutes: Err... An odd Caramel note almost happens? It's not bad, The violet is still there, but it just sort of happens on me. It kind of ate most off the violets up. There's still a bit of it left, but not as much.
It's really pretty. If you like violets, you'll probably like this. If you like Antique Lace, you might also like Faith. It has the same airy, wispy quality that Antique Lace does. Maybe that's the nostalgia note that Antique has? I'm not sure.

I agree with Teamama above; Faith wears much better with Hope. I love roses, but hadn't really tried any violet scents until Faith. Although violets smell lovely, they don't really wow me on their own, but combined with the roses, the combination becomes really beautiful and I end up loving the twins together! They will definitely always be combined for me :)

Edited by Missa_Moth

Faith (2009) - This smells like those little violet hard candies you get in a tin. You know, the ones that your great grandmother probably carried in her pocket with crumpled used tissues? It's a very nostalgic scent for me. Reminds me of my grandmother. I remember when I first bought it, thinking the violets were more pronounced & the sugar was more "rock candy" than a married note. Now the notes have blended into the aforesaid candy.

From the imp this is Fleurette's purple snails on me, but slightly fart-y. :P On my skin it's simply the sugared violet though (phew!) but still too reminescent of Fleurette's to me to get this on it's own. Very cute, light and purply.

Oh my gosh this is pretty! This is the 09 version, and somewhat similar to La Befana...errrr 08? 09? same violet note + sweet, but minus the sootiness and fruity bits, although there is a bit of a dusty vintage note that i actually really really like! Its a very simple, sweet violet, like the reviewer above says, very similar to violet candies. I really love it, violet can be very iffy, and I think you have to enjoy violet to enjoy Faith, but this works pretty well. It is slightly play-doh like, but not enough to keep me from wearing it, I wouldn't say Faith is the worst offender so I'll be keeping it and will have to try layering with Hope. 😃

It is very soft, sweet, and calming like Hope is and comforting in a way, it's really helping me get though this virus shutdown when the world seems dark and scary, Faith says "there there now, keep the faith and remember also to enjoy the pretty things ". ❤️

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Smells exactly like sugar coated violets. I see them in my head when I take a sniff; chunky sugar crystals on soft violet petals. The sugar note smells like delicious rock candy & that impresses me that scent can be captured.

Love. Many summers ago Lush had a soap called Gratuitous Violets. It was the prefect sweet, heady floral scent. Faith comes close to that. It's pretty and comforting... Not at all soapy or powdery after 2 hours.

Purchased first in a decant circle, then as bottles direct from the lab. My review for the sisters combined is beneath each separate review; my review for Hope alone is here.

In the bottle: Pure violet, becoming more sugared as it ages.

Wet: A slightly greasy feeling at first application.

Dry: Violet that tends powdery as it dries down, capped with a generous dusting of fine sugar. Not unlike my first-and-favourite violet scent, Le Serpent Qui Danse, but nowhere near as strong.

Together, Faith and Hope blend perfectly, with the astringent edge of the tea rose soothed and rounded by the sugary sweetness of the violet, and the slight powdery note of the violet morphing into an almost vanilla-like scent when combined. The rose strengthens the violet rather than drowning it out. They're definitely best worn as a pair, though both are lovely on their own as well. Together, they have a mid-strength throw and last about 8 hours.

Stars: ★★★★★

I tend to avoid florals, but I feel like this doesn't even count as a floral. It reminds me so much of Astrid's Confectioner's Sugar, with a hint of floral. Delicious!