Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simplicity and innocence, gleefully despoiled! Sugared rose.

This is the perfect scent for when I want to be girlie. It is a soft rose with sugar on top. It stays that way until it is completely dry, an then there is a hint of vanilla. It turns its vanilla sugared tea roses. I need at least 2 bottles of the twins.

Sugared rose! :) The best thing about Hope and Faith is their simplicity on my skin. This is just what it says and that's how I like it. Super girly and perfect before bedtime.

When I opened the bottle to sniff I got... is it? Yes, it's the vanilla note from Antique Lace, my current go-to scent. Yay! In the bottle this is roses and the Lab's lovely vanilla. On my skin Hope is fresh-cut roses and vanilla with lots of throw. I smell stems. Once everything settles down I'm left with a soft, creamy rose-infused vanilla. Less creamy and rosy as the scent fades but everything's still there, complementing each other nicely. The rose is less green and seems sweeter, but that's probably me amping the vanilla. The only way I'd love this more is if the rose stayed sharper but that's nothing reapplication couldn't fix.

Hope is pretty and uncomplicated. Sugared rose, indeed.

*edited because "compliment" and "complement" are not the same thing. Yes, it's a month later.

Edited by TheOnliest

This is the first rose scent I've tried that doesn't make me gag...the sugar really helps!

I think it should have been called "cabbage patch head" bc that's exactly what it smells like!

Reminscent of Posetts Silver Carnations.

I just love Hope... Sugared rose is exactly right, and it stays all day, the sweetness mellows out into a creaminess. The throw is kind of light, but it lasts and lasts... and when the temperature rises, Hope floats back up to the top ;)

I have to admit that this is MUCH better with age. (I just received an aged bottle in a swap) It definitely starts out as sugar and roses and then just mellows into a light sugary rosy creaminess. It's a rose I can live with. Since my skin AMPS rose like nobody's business I think a little of this will go a long way and I will definitely wear this during the winter months. I don't think I will part with this anytime soon.

I love this!!

It's exactly what the description says: sugared rose. Although I wish it was a little less sugar and more rose.

Still it is a very lovely scent that compliments her sister, Faith, very nicely. I love wearing them together.

I like a nice, soft rose (unlike the sharpness of Black Rose), and this is just perfect. It has that old-fashioned, rosewater smell- like a young Victorian lady would smell like. It's sugary and almost has the same type of sweet dry-down as Antique Lace. It reminds me of Smith's Rosebud Salve in an oil form. It also has some lasting power; I've had mine on since 8:00 this morning, and it's 3:00 in the afternoon- I can still faintly smell it. I can't wait to try Faith now!

Bottle: concentrated rosewater loaded with sugar.

Wet: Wow, a scent that doesn't really morph on my skin! It turns slightly creamier, and mouthwatering. This is what I imagine the sugared red roses in Willy Wonka's courtyard garden to smell like...

Dry: Stays quite close to your skin. I swear my skin just absorbs this (I am dry-skinned and it's winter)...it disappears fast. It's also quite sexy, I'm not getting any girliness, and I certainly wouldn't want my future daughter(s) to wear this until they're past middle school. Definitely evokes images of making love- it's not a scent that screams SEX, but... making love in a bathtub surrounded by red rose petals.

In the bottle, it is sweet sugar and a hint of rose.

On my rose loving skin, the rose blossoms and I smell vanilla amidst the rose. This reminds me of London, except that the rose is greener and sharper in Hope. It is not as soft and subtle as I expect Hope to be, but the sugar note is making this scent and the rose note tolerable. This is a floral scent for special occasions when you just want to be feminine and subtle.

Thanks to the lovely Dark Alice, I have a bottle of Hope. I wonder if her sister, Faith, will play better on my skin.

Ooooohhhh!! I love rose!

In the bottle: Powdery, papery, slightly creamy rose. If Peacock Queen and Katrina Van Tassel morphed. beautiful.

Wet: I smell burned sugar and roses. The sugar in this is't just sweet as it is in Faith. This is almost caramel. This is true, cooked candided powdery rose water. My skin chemistry is very strange.

Dry: The sugar fades and I'm loeft with pure true, sweet rose. Beautiful and feminine.

Overall: Like her sister Faith, Hope doesn't last long and doesn't have a lot of throw. But both are lovely. This scent does morph, unlike her sister. But true, sweet roses can never go wrong on my skin!

This is exactly what it says in the notes description. Sugared roses. I love sweeter scents and I adore what the sugar note does for the rose. It softens it and just makes this a gorgeous scent. I love wearing this scent in the middle of winter. Cold weather always seems the perfect time to wear this oil.

This is exactly as described - sugared rose. The rose starts amping a little bit as I wear it, and as it continues to try, the rose starts to overtake the sugary notes. Eventually, this is just rose, which really doesn't work on me.

As advertised, a sweet rose. Very nice, full and pretty. No sharp greenery to be found. Not plasticky, either, or too sugary sweet. It reminds me a lot of the Peacock Queen, however, and therefore will probably not be a keeper, since I already have PQ. Otherwise, I would hold onto this for sure! A beautiful rose!

Sugary rose to a T in the bottle, on my skin my chemistry has given the rose a very slight sour powder smell, which is typical for rose scents on me. When layered with Faith it is less sour baby powder but still there. Very pretty, but not for me.

Rose and I don't play too nicely. Hope starts out sweet and softly rosy, but she quickly turns sharp and green. No surprises here. Skin chemistry fail.

On me, Hope is Peacock Queen with crystallized sugar. Sweet rose with sparkling sugar..it doesn't change and I can smell it forever. This kind of rose is hard for me to commit to wearing on a regular basis, I think I prefer the muskier rose smells above the sweet ones. But Hope is pretty and I will wear her once in awhile.

Got a decant of this (along with Faith) and I'm having the same issue with Hope as with Faith.

It smells amazing in the decant. The description of "Sugared Rose" is spot on. Gorgeous!

But on my skin, it fades within 10 minutes or so. The rose bit lingers on (I amp rose), but the sugar is gone. Maybe sugar is a note that doesn't work well on me?

Also, it reminds me a little of the rosewater and glycerin scent that my grandmother used to love to wear.

Not a bottle purchase. I have other roses that work better on me.

This is definitely sugar and rose, straight up. I definitely like it, although I'm not sure if it's worth getting a bottle. That said, I might have to...I was testing Green Tree Viper at the same time, and the mint-rose-vanilla-sugar was a delicious combination.

I tried Faith yesterday and Hope today. Faith's glory is untouchable in my mind, but Hope holds her own with a delicious sweetness that I really enjoyed. Very simply sugar and roses. She's a perfect sister scent to Faith and I am sooo glad to have bought them. I think, no - I know, these are going to be my first instance of needing to order back up bottles. These are so utterly perfect for me! :yum:

The ruler of the rose scents. Sweet creamy sugary roses. Stays true from wet to drydown. It also lasts all day! Need a bottle please!!!

in the bottle: dewy roses and sugar

wet and dry: sugary-sweet wet roses. Lasts well!

I love this, but I think I love Faith more (surprising to me as I am a die-hard rose fan - apparently I love violets too). Faith has this creamy vanilla note that I adore - Hope is more of a straight floral, with a little sugar on top. They are gorgeous together of course.

:wub2: Love. Such a simple scent. Sweetened red roses. Fabulous on it's own or layered with Faith.

In the imp: Cotton candy. A subtle muskiness-oh no?!

Wet: More cotton candy with a really sharp rose pointing through. Almost white-floral like. I gotta say, I don't know if it's just my nose, but I am having a really hard time smelling it unless I put my nose right on top of it.

Drying: The rose finally comes out, but it's still very sweet and cotton candy, and no throw at all. I'll stick to more robust roses like 257 and Rose Red.