Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Green Tree Viper

Snake Oil with four mints, bergamot, and green tea.

Green Tree Viper

In the imp: dark vanilla mint! Think a darker version of Snowblind without butter, or Lick It’s evil sister. In fact…this smells just like mint fudge!
Wet on skin: now a hint of earl grey tea comes out, but it still smells like mint fudge!
Dry: oh wow, this is delicious. So delicious. There’s a type of mint fudge that I absolutely adore, it is posh and very refined, expensive fudge, sold at the Buckingham Palace shop (I think). It’s mint, sugar and maybe some vanilla and condensed milk. I smell that exact type of fudge here (must be a reaction of the mint with the Snake Oil), along with a fresh cup of earl grey tea. The bergamot and tea make a wonderful earl grey scent just like Theodosius’s tea note, combined with mint fudge, this is fantastic.
After a while: as the mint fades, the scent becomes the most delicious earl grey vanilla musk! Think the lovechild of Snake Oil and Dorian or Theodosius! Creamy, fresh, smooth, and delicious, with a citrus tang of bergamot, and the green tea in here is more like a milky dark vanilla tea note as opposed to the fresh astringent citrus like scent I get with green tea. There’s still a touch of mint to it, but it’s almost like a menthol note, fresh and piercing, but it isn’t strong or medicinal and doesn’t detract from the beautiful earl grey and vanilla scent.
The mint does go away eventually but the cool creamy vanilla tea is to die for. It just gets smoother and creamier and more delicious as the SO and tea notes merge over time, it is divine. Like a darker Dorian, in fact…and the vanilla at this point gains a creamy scent reminiscent of vanilla fudge (not mint fudge, but still, mmm, fudge * Homer Simpson style drool*)
After a few hours it becomes a little drier, with a slight ‘citrus peel’ scent to it, but it’s still really nice…and then it gradually dries down to a really sexy greenish sweet musk, like Snake Oil with a greenish tinge and a hint of tea. I swear I even get something woodsy (putting the ‘tree’ into Green Tree Viper), or something like the fougere in Theodosius, something like cedar or moss. It smells slightly more masculine at this point, but in a good way. I’d love to smell this on a guy.
Verdict: this scent reminds me of two of my favourite things: mint fudge, and earl grey and vanilla tea (like the kind Tetley’s make, which I always call ‘drinkable Dorian’). I never thought tea and Snake Oil would be so beautiful together, but this blew me away! First it smells like mint fudge, or more precisely, like a really posh variety of mint fudge which I think is the best ever. Sweet sugary vanilla and mint, it is delicious and gourmand but also cooling and light. But then the scent transforms from one yummy scent into another-creamy vanilla earl grey tea. This is the Dorian snake, or maybe Theodosius’s pet. The bergamot and tea combine to create earl grey, the vanilla just making this even more wonderful, the musk adding a hint of non-foody smoothness. I love the reaction the Snake Oil gives to the lighter notes, the SO itself lightens and becomes almost like Dorian’s vanilla musk. So this scent ends off as earl grey vanilla musk, with a hint of something almost cologne like, and a little bit of creaminess. So good. This will be perfect for summer, I agree-I don’t find it as cooling as Lick It Again though, but the scent of this stuff is such that I will be stockpiling this snake.
Emoticon rating: :P
Is it a keeper? Oh yeah. This is magnificent! Mint fudge and vanilla tea? Gimme more!
If you like this, try: Snake Oil, Theodosius, Lick It (Again), Dorian, Severin

At first it's very minty! Then the bergamot and green tea come into play and the mint fades somewhat, but never completely vanishes.......

The whole is like a mint tea backed up by the exotic, spicy creaminess of the Snake Oil.....

I've just ordered a bottle, because this is love! :P

I'm usually not into minty scents..but this one is lovely!!! It smells like a girl scout thin mint cookie. It smells very chocolately (maybe this is the snake oil) I do smell a little bit of the green tea...but mostly this is chocolate and mint on me. Bravo Beth!! Who wouldn't love to smell like a thin mint? This would be a gorgeous summer scent...the mint would really cool me down on a hot sticky day!!

YAY MINT!

I love mint and can never get enough mint scents. Truly the saddest day of my life was when my package of two imps of Nine Mysteries, which a friend of mine basically sold her soul to get, was stolen off my doorstep by my asstastic neighbors.

But I love this scent. Wet, it's mintmintmintymint. I love it. As it dries, it balances with the vanilla scent of the Snake Oil and becomes a nice sort of sweet mint. I don't get any green tea at all, or maybe it's just hidden...or I need my nose fixed.

Dry, it's Snake Oil with a little bit of bergamot, which makes me not sure I want to keep it because I'm one of those chemical oddities on whom Snake Oil smells like Play-Doh. I'll have to think about it, maybe try it again in a week.

I am ambivalent about Snake Oil, so I was hesitant about the entire Snake Pit line.

...But this is absolutely gorgeous! The mint is light and soothing, and it lasts forever on me! I was still getting wafts of it eight hours later, with very light throw (usually my desk neighbor asks me what I'm wearing today - I'm enabling her! - but she didn't today). I don't get any of the vanilla from Snake Oil, thank deity, but the sweet tea comes out about an hour after application and lasts all the way through. The mint is strongest upon initial application, of course, but fades when the tea emerges - it definitely sticks around. It's opened my sinuses up a bit, but gently, not the harsh medicinal blends like the Panaceas.

I may have to get a bottle of this before the Snake Pit disappears.

Want to know if this one is for you? Ask yourself if you think Snake Oil would be improved by a little mint. No. Make that a lot of mint.

Something about this, the mint and spice, perhaps, makes this smell . . . Christmasy. Or, on the other hand, like having your teeth cleaned with that gross mint paste crap. Take your pick – whichever you find less disturbing.

The smells go together better than you might think. The bergamot is present, a little, but it doesn't shout. Not that you could hear it under the mint if it did. The green tea tries to calm things down, but the mint is just on a psycho rampage. And, of course, under it all there's that Snake Oil cushion of rich spice and wood.

I'm not fond of mint, but I don't hate this, so I will very cautiously recommend it for people who like mint; maybe try layering Snake Oil with another really minty blend, see if it works for you.

Bottle: Oooh, thin mints! Smells like a very sweet mint. That's it, though, just mint.

Wet: Spearmint. Maybe something else just barely coming through... it's still a nice light sweet mint, though.

Dry: ...darn. It's turned into dental floss. I don't get any tea from this at all now, just a sharp fluoride mint. I had high hopes for this one, but now I can't smell it without thinking of the dentist. o.O

Bottle: I want to roll around in this, seriously, sweet sugary mint heaven.

On Skin: Sweet sugary mint tea, not quite as bombastic as Mad Hatter though.

Dry: Sweet sugary mint tea with vanilla. It's making my skin tingle, just gorgeous. :P

In bottle: Pure mint!

Wet: Sweet spearmint, with a touch of the bergamot. Not much snake oil yet.

Drydown: This turns to powdery spearmint, like wrigley's spearmint gum. There's a touch of warm snake oil underneath, but it's barely there. Not really my type of thing at all.

Green Tree Viper-

In Bottle: Mm, minty. At first soft and vanilla minty but after sniffing longer the mint is icier.

Wet: Helllooo tea tree oil. Minty and creamy.

Dry: This one doesn't last all that long on me! Pity, because it's lovely while it is there. I might have to see how it compares with the duration for Snowblind, since that's in such limited quantity. It'd be nice to have something less rare to compensate.

Overall: Lovely but doesn't last long.

I really like this one, but it doesn't last long enough at all, no matter how much I put on. I'll try it in a scent locket and report back.

In the imp: Minty!

On Skin: Vanilla minty. Deep and sexy.

On Drydown: The mint is pretty much gone and I just get the Snake Oil out of it. It seems a tad sweeter than regular S.O. with just a bare edge of mintyness to it.

Verdict: Slightly minty S.O. I like it better than S.O. but I don't know if it is enough to buy a bottle of. Alas, I'm sad since I was considering taking the plunge and just buying a bottle of GTV.

What a surprise this one was to me! It's the first definite winner of the Snake Pit for me. I was afraid of the mint, and Snake Oil often does the Play Doh thing on my skin, but the mint and tea mixed with the Snake Oil in this blend is the most wonderful, refreshing-yet-complex scent on my skin. I keep getting the most wonderful wafts of it as I go about my housework. I think I'm in love.

In the bottle: Pretty!! Mint and something delicately fruity

Wet: Green tea and mint. Whooo!! Plus Snake Oil's vanilla, which is quite nice with mint.

Drydown: Lots of mint, some green tea and I think a hint of bergamot. I can smell the Snake Oil in the background. When the mint lifts, a lot of green tea stays, very interesting with the vanilla.

Overall: I didn't expect green tea to go so well with Snake oil. It becomes a little bit bitter and smoky, and definitely very pleasant. And I think Snake Oil gives the green tea some staying power. I also love the mints of the beginning. I'll definitely be testing this one some more.

I think my skin is broken :P Everyone else gets mint and me? I get straight up Patchoulli SN. It's a little disconserting!!

So I get some decant imps today...

*opens Green Tree Viper*

*sniff*

Ooooh!

*puts decent amount on one arm*

*sniff*

BOTTLE!!!

It's very minty at first, then gradually softens so I can detect vanilla and tea in the background. It's far less creamy or foody on me than Tokyo Stomp. I can't detect the bergamot at all, and thankfully my luck is holding up with Bpal bergamot as it has not gone sour on me.

This is verrrrrry nice indeed!

I love mint! :P I do! And I love bergamot and Snake Oil. Don't like green tea, but I think I can deal with it if the rest works out well.

In the vial - Oooo.... A very rounded mint, not sharp, mixing with lovely Snake Oil. No bergamot or tea, though...

Wet - I think I sense the slightest bergamot in here...

Drying - Nooo, green tea, go away! The mint's very strong, very much at the front, but the Snake Oil is still making it's presence known. The green tea, though, is starting to come out with it's nonminty leafness and... well, I just don't LIKE green tea. It works to damp the mint down, sure, but... it's green tea.... It hurts my nose....

In the imp: Mmm...minty snake oil - delicious!

On wet: Oh, this is yummy. Aside from the *slightest* whiff of something chemical that comes and goes, I smell like minty vanilla cookies - SEXY minty vanilla cookies. :P

Drydown: Still pure minted snake oil - and I think it's the tea (of all things!) that's acting out. It's not putting me in mind of something chemical anymore, it's just not interested in sitting nicely with the other notes.

Overall: I'm not sure how old my decant is, but this scent is so slinky-nummy, I'll definitely give it another go at a later date to see if aging improves it. Hopefully the tea or the bergamot or whatever's being naughty will calm down enough to warrant a big bottle purchase. At the moment, though, this rates a very respectable 3/5. :D

I'm not ussually the kinda girl that likes to smell like mint... However this is so nice that the mint isnt obnoxiously toothpaste-y at all.. The snake oil is very soft and so delightful to find under the mint and tea that is the top notes of this scent. The mint is almost a little vanilla but that might be the snake oil squirming around, but its definatley not too sweet or food at all. Very fresh but not too sharp. The only problem for me with this is that it doesn't really stay around for long enough. Very gorgeous and i am so glad i have a bottle. also the label is just beautiful and I'm a sucker for pretty bottles :P

In the bottle, it's very minty and snakey and quite nice.

Wet, the snake oil is in charge here, with an undercurrent of mint. It's a smooth mint, and doesn't go plasticky like some do on me. Later on, the snake oil backs down a bit and the mint keeps going. The whole effect is very light, for a snake oil blend, but it does last pretty much all day.

I'm kind of sad that I never get the bergamot in this really. But I know the snakes age well, so maybe if I give it some time, it'll give me my bergamot.

So much mint! Mint and mint! After it calms down I get a touch of tea and that citrus-like kick that bergamot brings. Beautiful! I have no idea how this will age or if the Snake Oil will play a larger role in this, but for now it's just lovely. Green and cool.

In the imp: Mmm soft, pale mints & green tea. Can't smell any snake oil at all.

Wet on skin: WHOA MINT! When I sniff my wrist with this on wet my nose tingles & had a cold senstation but then I'm left with an afterwhiff of warm snake oil. Lovely.

Dry on skin: The mint stays at the forefront of this for a good couple of hours with snake oil peeking out more & more as time goes on. Now a couple of hours in this just smells like a minty snake oil instead of MINT & a hint of snake oil.

Overall: I love mint & I love snake oil so I knew I'd adore Green Tree Viper which I do! Definately have to buy a bottle (or two) of this because it's lovely & I think it will age beautifully. :P

In the imp: peppermint creams. oh god, that's delicious.

On me, wet: I'm not a big Snake Oil fan, but somehow with the mint - well, it's just drinkably gorgeous, a voluptuous, sinuous sweet mint slithering around my sinuses.

On me, dry: the mint cools down a little and lets the citrus out to play a bit, but mostly it remains a brightly sweet mint sensation and the citrus is just a tinge of lightness.

Verdict: I was longing to try this, since I'm a sucker for minty scents, and my instincts were correct - it's utterly ravishable. Mmmmm.

Ok....This is my favorite Snake Pit, by far. I haven't tried them all, but out of the ones that smelled promising in the imp, this is by FAR the most addictive! :D

On my skin, the mint bursts out with bold, delicious arrogance and is a wonderful foil for Snake Oil. The mint dissipates on me within about 15 minutes, but the cool herbal notes (bergamot, *kiss*) remain to balance out Snake Oil's sweetness spicy warmth.

This is like sprinkling cinnamon on your steak. (Try it, and try Green Tree Viper, and tell me it's not the same sensation!)

Unexpected and gorgeous!!!

I will buy my 5mL when I get my next check!! Love love LOVE this! I wore it all this weekend, and I know that any time in the future, I can dab it on and be brought back in time.

:P I love how this mellows during the course of the day, too. Super sexy!