Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blueskiesinside

Zarita, the Doll Girl (2006)

Soft, yet sociopathic: white carnation, iris, orange blossom, and sugared cream.

Imp: Bah, white flowers and soap.
Wet: Where's the spice of carnation? It was the only reason I wanted to try this one! All I get is sour white flowers - cream is really an atrocious note on my skin. :P
Dry: All iris, all the time. I've got to start avoiding iris.

In bottle: I get a very white floral scent… with just a little hint of spicy carnations.

Immediately on skin: This smells very perfume-y. I can smell a sharp floral which might be the iris, but there’s also a sweetness to it.

After a few minutes: I can smell a creamy, soft floral, with the spicy carnations peeking through. It’s very dainty and pretty and very appropriate for a doll girl.

Later on: It’s become a lot creamier and softer. I really like it… it’s slightly perfume-y and a little sweet, but it’s rather nice and very pretty. This one is big-bottle worthy on me for sure :P

Sweet, sweet flowers. As it dries, the orange blossom peeks out, as does the carnation. The spice of the carnation blends well with the orange blossom. I can’t smell the cream here at all, it’s predominantly the sugared flowers. As such, it reminds me of the other sugared flower scents – Pink Moon, Faith and the initial sugared lavender I got from Emathides. What stands out most to me is the edge from the orange blossom and the spice from the carnation.

I’m enjoying this scent a lot, just as I have with the rest of the Carnaval.

I'm not used to having florals actually work on me; without looking at the notes, I interpreted this as sugary with a slightly green, almost minty feel to it that reminds me a little bit of Enraged Bunny Musk. Apparently I should give more white florals a shot.

In the Imp : Orange blossom and cold cream.

Wet : Orange blossom and cold creme. lol Surprise, surprise. There's also a very faint scent that I'm going to go ahead and label as iris This kind of smells like expensive orange soap. Strangely enough it kind of also reminds me of being in New Orleans.

Dry : If you've ever smelled the absolute inner part of an orange blossom, even past the stamen and pistol you've smelled this perfume.

Over All : This would be better suited to someone else.

Big Bottle Worthy : No.

I like this!!! I don't get any imagery of doll-girls, but kinda soft and pretty in a plain-jane sort of way. The quiet beauty that many people overlook. Carnation seems to work for me, which really surprises me!!! This is the third carnation-scent that I have liked! While I typically steer away from florals, this is very soft and creamy, so I can totally handle it!! I will DEFINITELY be keeping this imp!

In imp, this is sugared orange blossom.

On my skin, I get iris, with just a hint of orange - a very dry, stand-offish scent.

When it dries, it's a creamy, slightly sweet carnation - really, really good. A keeper!

in the bottle: something lightly fruity, like pears, with an after note of roasted nuts.

wet on skin: the nuttiness comes more to the surface and the fruit takes a pleasant back seat.

dry down: both disappear completely and i'm left with a smell of funeral flowers- it must be the iris and a very, very soft undercurrent of cognac and cream.

over all: it's funny, because i havent picked this up for a while and when i first tried it out a ways back, i recall not liking it in the slightest. but now that i've tried it out again, i'm really, really glad i didn't do anything rash, like trade it away!

a beautiful floral, and i do NOT care for many florals! :P

Being aware that orange blossom and my skin/senses are not friendly and for the fact that sugary-cream scents are (usually) not the best on me, I was prepared to hate Zarita.

In the imp it is pretty much orange blossom and sugared cream and on my skin it is the same. However, the bitterness that I generally get from orange blossom is mitigated by the cream and it's very interesting...there's something almost smoky to it...but not a typical smoky. Honestly, it reminds me a bit of how the treacle in Bonfire came out on me, but it is not as aggressive.

After it dried for a bit, I did start to detect a hint of peppery-ness--which I guess came from the carnation.

Hours later, it had melded really nicely with my skin...the cream was no longer so smoky smelling and the orange blossom had calmed down. There was a subtleness to it that really spoke to the description of "soft yet sociopathic".

At the end of the day it is not a scent for me, but it is interesting and quite lovely in its own way. It's one of those that I'm really glad I had a chance to smell and will be passing on to someone else.

Wet- maple syrup?! I'm assuming that it's the orange blossom interacting with the cream and confusing my nose, but that's what I smell at first. It's not bad, but, it makes me want to layer this with sin which my nose interprets as oatmeal with cinnamon...

Dry- spicyish creamyish orange blossoms. I like this, but not sure if I want a bottle of it.

In the imp: toffee? Toffeeeee? Where is that even coming from? Definitely creamy and sweet and candylike.

On me, wet: rich delicious orange toffee. Nom nom nom.

On me, dry: much the same, but spicier and creamier.

Throw and duration: throw's very good, but duration's average-- maybe five hours on me.

Overall: Zarita fills me with love, so much love. It doesn't smell at all like what I thought it would, but I am so so so happy that a generous swapper gave me a tester of this because now I know that it'ssssss blissssss.

People who don't like sweet things probably won't like Zarita at all, but... you knew that already, right? :P

Keeping my imp of it. If I use it as much as I think I might, then maybe there'll be a bottle of it in my future.

At first sniff, I thought "Glowing Vulva, is that you?"

All I got was hot wood and toffee! Weird.

Luckily, once applied, Zarita became all spicy carnation, soft white floral, and warm orange zest. Complex and lovely.

At first Zarita is just iris and orange blossom on me, a nice scent, but nothing to get too excited about.

About 10 minutes later though, this is something else entirely! I've never found a cream note that works on my skin before, but this one is sugary and layers so nicely with the iris and orange. Then there's a hint of carnation that gives it a kick. I never thought of carnation as smelling spicy, buuuut it is.

Not sure if I need a bottle yet, but I'll be wearing my decant for sure.

This just went so wrong. While I had hopes for the orange blossom carnation and cream took over and the same thing happened that ruined Alice too. Zarita and Alice both turned into a sickening sweet/sour carnation scent. Carnation has something that always makes me awfully queasy and cream and milk are very hit and miss. This was a big miss.

This surprised me a bit. Goes on very sweet – sweet orange and a lightly creamy note – but settles into something greener with a cream aspect. Slightly soapy.

I'm not sure if I wrote a review on this yet, but I'm writing another one if so hah. I can understand why some people might not like this, itt does have an air freshener type smell I guess slash laundry but there's just something aboutit that makes me feel good.The soapyness isn't too saopy, in that I can still smell the orange blossom and whatever, I do get that slight mapleyness too. I've realized what this reminds me of though, maybe it brought back subconcience memories of being younger, it smells like that little girls petite nate bath splash I used to have. Maybe that's why it makes me feel more carefree. I'm not sure it smells exactly likew it but very much like it, maybe a bit more orange blossomy.

First Impression: Apple strudel.

Dries down to: Apple squares.

Additional Comments: I have no idea where I'm getting the apple from but that's definitely what I'm picking up from this combination of florals and cream. 'Zarita, the Apple-Head Doll' is pretty enough but that's all.

Rating: 3 out of 5.

To me this scent is all sweet, creamy floral. I'm not getting any of the spiciness that the Iris or Carnation should give it. It's a pretty scent, but not a me scent. Floral and possibly foody lovers will like this scent.

First of all I want to say the artwork for this blend is sooo cool! I think Zarita is so pretty despite being a total toy killing weirdo!!

Wet this is quite sharp and tangy!! Like a floral orange smell. It's the carnation that dominates the iris and it's really really nice. It's extremley feminine, but that doesn't stop me wearing it at all!

The cream note only starts to appear once it's dried off a bit, the orange part backs off (Citrus things sometimes get eaten on me, especially orange). And now it's a nice creamy carnation. The cream note isn't as strong say, milk moon. But that sourness is still there!

It's really really nice, but I won't be buying a bottle. The imp is fine for now..

I love this! On me, Zarita is a creamy, spicy, and sweet floral. It is a little soapy but that doesn't bother me. I will definitely be getting a bottle soon!

I'll be short and sweet here...

This went from a sweet, floral "bathroom" scent to a beautiful, soft, creamy, sweet, smokey floral with a hellofa throw in the short span of 10 minutes. I have no idea where the smokey comes from, but it makes the sweet more irresistable. I'm getting bottles! Ya hear? BOTTLES of this!!!!

Hmmm I wonder if my decant was mismarked because this doesn't sound like the description. I can smell orange very slightly but nothing really foody, which I expected. It mainly smells floral with a citrus tinge. Not my style really.

Bottle: Very, very spicy, foody, and smokey. Is the carnation the spicy bit? Not something I like so far.

On skin: Same as above but amp that a million times. It smells like a Yankee Candle store-sort of overwhelming scent-wise.

Dry 10-15 minutes later: Finally, lovely beautiful orange blossom. A lightly sweet pretty, creamy floral. I'm not really getting the cream from Milk Moon from this, though. This is a good thing.

Overall: If I can endure the initial stages of Yankee Candle Purgatory I get to experience the beautiful dry-down stages of this. As I wrote with Daiyu, I'm not sure I'd wear this in the summer but in autumn this would be nice.

Edited so I make some kind of sense. :P

Edited by circe_blue