Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blueskiesinside

Zarita, the Doll Girl (2006)

Soft, yet sociopathic: white carnation, iris, orange blossom, and sugared cream.

Zarita is full on orange blossom to my nose, at least in the bottle.

When I put her on, still that heavy orange blossom, so heavy and wet it is as if I am in a warm humid greenhouse, with orange trees in bloom. I love that, even though it is more girly than I usually like (but I do like me some white florals, so...).

After a bit, the orange turns milder, and I can smell something sweet and creamy too. It is as creamy as I would like, but it blends nicely with the orange blossom. I don't get much--if any--carnation.

I don't know what I'll think of this in the end, but right now I'm enjoying the blast of orange blossom, just dipped with cream.

Amazing. Gorgeous. An orange blossom creme sprinked with tiny sugared floral bits. Sweet and soft. I'm going to have to get a bottle of this one. So far, tied for first on my list of favorite CD scents.

All the elements of Zarita merge upon my skin into a soft boquet of powdery flowers. It makes me feel like a woman, a very pretty woman. And that's kind of hard to do. Soft, gentle, lasts for a long time and sticks close to skin. Gorgeous.

In the imp: sugary blossoms

On Skin: Burnt sugar, sort of like in a creme brulee. It's so strong I also smell something like the whiff of a coffee roast. :P

On Drydown: It mellows to a sharp floral. However the 'burnt' smell lingers for a while. The floral isn't too perfumey... it's just sharp.

Verdict: Zarita smells like she should be cuddly but she pokes you with a sharp knife. I can see her being pleasant to someone else but to me, her threat lingers and part of me is wary of her. Unfortunately, off to the swap pile for her. :D

Zarita is soft, sweet, powdery, and feminine. She verges on cloying at first, but is lovely after drying down a bit. This is not the sort of scent that I'd usually wear, but I still appreciate its beauty.

On my skin, Zarita actually reminds me somewhat of my Chaos Theory, which is strange. My CT reminded me a bit of Monster Bait: Closet, which went foul on my skin... and WOW, Zarita is distinctly awful on me. Like, woah. It is just overwhelmingly sharp and oppressive and she tried to kill me! Okay, not really. But she might. I don't need a second test to convince me that this doll needs a new home, stat.

Origin: Decant from eviltemptressdp's circle

Initial Thoughts: I enjoy carnations, and there just don't seem to be enough scents with carnation.

In the Bottle: Sharp, tangy floral. I mostly get the orange blossom and carnation.

Wet: Yow! Very, very orange! Then I get some florals and a hint of sweet.

Drydown: For a few moments it's a very tangy floral, but then the iris and orange blossom overwhelm the rest. Plus something is poking at my allergies and my nose is stuffing up somewhat.

Verdict: This comes close to an excellent summer scent for me, except for the iris and the stuffy nose. Pass.

oooh, this is so lovely! I get wonderful carnation, spicy and sweet, and the sweetness of the sugared cream, which makes me think of Alice - it's like Alice without the bergamot, and with the florals instead - the iris and orange blossom blend together sweetly and deepen the carnation and cream. It's like a more sophisticated Alice - an evening Alice. It is very sweet and innocent with a wicked little edge (perhaps from the orange blossom?). I like it! It makes me think of cream satin bedclothes gleaming in candlelight. I may have to get a bottle of this!

Well, I really didn't like this at first. It's pretty floral and I'm not much of a floral girl. This one is worth the wait, though. After about 30 minutes the cream comes out, and if one this smells good with carnation, it's cream. This ends up being a creamy, sweet, clean floral. The hint of orange make it fresh, too.

Very sweet, almost caramelly on my skin. Sadly, I have a difficult time getting past the thick syrupy sweetness that this becomes on me and I really cannot smell anything else. I tend to sometimes interpret Beth's sugary notes this way, so for folks who can wear things like Sugar Skull and the other uber sweet ones, this couls be a real winner - I could see this as SS with flowers instead of fruits...

In the bottle:

Mostly orange blossom and sharp, white carnation.

Wet:

Same as in the bottle, just a little bit milder and with a hint of iris.

Dry down:

The longer this sits, the more the sugared cream comes out, sprinkled with soft florals with just a little bit of a bite. Another that smells amazing at a distance, a little less amazing against the skin. As more time passes, it becomes sweeter, right against the skin - sugared cream with light florals.

Final thoughts:

This reminds me a lot of something. I think it's somewhere between Queen Mab and Zephyr once it's completely dried down, with a little Alice thrown in at the beginning. I like it, but I wish that it had more throw.

I smell orange blossom , shining, and the sweetened cream, shining, and unfortunately white carnation, returns it soapy in my skin… hatred carnation. :P

i wish the foody zarita had emerged on MY skin...as it is, it's so soapy that i can almost TASTE the soap. not pleasant...a very sharp citrus.

bad skin chemistry. bad!

This is like a pretty pink cookie. There's some note that goes almost aquatic on me, and combined with the foody aspect makes the whole experience a little odd. Eventually, everythng dries down to a very light, girly floral. It's lovely, but not really me.

The sugared cream in the description is what tempted me on this one!

In the imp: This is.. cake? Yes, definitely cake!

Wet: Still rather foody - I can smell the spice of carnations here.

Dry: Reminds me of Alice briefly, but my skin chemistry really messed with this one and it ended up smelling like a lemon peel on me.

Love the concept & I wished the sugared cream came through, but this just turned to lemons on me.

This was totally Evil!Alice on me -- like Alice amped up to 11 and twisted in a bad way -- overwhelmingly burnt and sharp. I thought I was really going to like it, but it turned on me (oddly appropriate for the character, though!). Maybe it's the orange blossom's fault. I already swapped my decant.

Edited by isyche

Straight out of the bottle this smells like nail polish remover/acetone to me. Once on my skin I smell something bitter/citrus like orange rinds soaked in nail polish remover. :P I adore carnation but the orange rind scent I am getting is overpowering this blend on me and I'm not smelling anything carnation like. As it dries down the Iris comes out and smells a lot like a perfume one of my Grandmothers used to wear...which is lovely but not for me.

In the imp: faint orange blossom.

On me, wet: orange blossom, faint green carnation, soapy iris.

On me, dry: faint, creamy orange blossom, with a sort of treacly sugary note that isn't evident right up close, only when I pull my nose back a little from my wrist. Weird, but nice, in an orange-spicy-cookie way.

Verdict: hmm, this is nice, but I think it's just too faint on me. Alas.

The orange blossom turns kinda sour on me. I smell a hint of cream, but almost no carnation. The orange blossom holds strong for a while, then starts to fade as the scent dries. Overall, Zarita is rather ordinary and unexceptional on me. Worth a try, but no bottle for me. :P

In the bottle: weird and heavy! Caramel with some orange blossom… it smells like some chocolate we have over here.

On my skin: burnt plastic (aka caramel) eats everything else. I suppose what I take for caramel is sugared cream… anyway, all those foody stuff end in burnt plastic on me, so, I don’t really care for them.

After a couple of hours: burnt plastic and pepper. I never got any flower out of this.

Verdict: I didn’t expect Zarita to be this kind of foody fragrance at all… but like all the other foody stuffs, it is not for me.

Slightly sharp orange blossom is definitely the dominant note on me...and there's a cram note on the background. Soft and psychotic I can see! But the sharp blossom isn't sitting too well with me.

In the bottle - Sweet almost burnt cream. On the edge of cloying, what else would you expect?

Wet on skin - Still on the edge of cloying but with the florals peeking through slyly.

Dry down - This is a wonderfuly sweet creamy floral with a wet metal undertone that turns the sweetness to wet blood on knife hidden in a bouquet of white carnations ...

I love this!

:P

Soft, yet sociopathic indeed.

For once my wierd ass body chemistry works in my favour.

This one didn't sound like my sort of thing at all, but enough people went crazy for it on my decant circle (I had to add a second bottle of this one) that I thought I ought to at least try it.

The good news is, it didn't turn into screaming floral overkill on my skin. But it didn't turn very interesting either. It wasn't bad for the first few minutes -- sort of a very soft, light, creamy floral. But then a touch of that cloying, fake-food note that I so dislike began to come out, and shortly after that it faded away altogether, which all things considered was probably just as well.

So, not awful, but not for me.

Grade: C

I would describe Zarita as smelling like an evil version of Alice--like maybe if Beth got the rights to American McGee's Alice. Orange and cream, almost like a creamsickle, when first dabbed on; spicy carnation appearing later. A little too sweet for me, but I like the edge to it.