Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blueskiesinside

Zarita, the Doll Girl (2006)

Soft, yet sociopathic: white carnation, iris, orange blossom, and sugared cream.

In the Bottle: Definitely orange blossom, but has a hint of something quite sweet on the exhale...must be the sugared cream?

Wet: Orange blossom (REAL orange blossom, slightly bitter, lightly floral) with that yummy caramelized bpal cream note.

10 mins: Creamy orange blossom (still slightly bitter) with hints of brown sugar.

Drydown: Creamy, caramelized florals. Still has that bitter edge.

Verdict: This is everything I hoped it would be. I was really worried that Zarita would be either too floral (read: old ladyish) or too sweet. But no, the bitter edge of the orange blossom tempers this scent very nicely.

4/5

ETA: This scent surely is sociopathic as it's given me a headache the last two times I've worn it. Off you go Zarita :(

This is the creamiest, prettiest orange blossom I can remember smelling! The other flowers are there in the background, but at the center stage is the orange blossom. The cream really sweetens up the blend and gives it an almost hazy quality that fits quite well.

Overall, it's one of the prettiest floral blends I have tried, and a new favorite for me!

So this is what carnation smells like!

This blend is like candy, orange cream with the perfect amount of florals. I am craving some warm spring weather with this oil.

This kind of reminds me of Reflective Vulva with the cream of this blend.

Just bought a bottle of this.

In the bottle I smell orange and Sweet flowers. I love it.

On my skin All I smell is spicy carnations - More like chrysanthemums... This reminds me of Mum Moon - which I gave away.

Dries down to a lighter spicy floral.

Its ok but will not be a regular for me. Way too strong for summer.

In the bottle: Iris on top, carnation biting my nose (in the best way possible) in the background. Missing the orange blossom entirely, but maybe it's because this is my first time with carnation. A very round creaminess to the whole bottle. So far, 3/5

*CARNATION: I have never actually smelled this floral, and I took a risk with Zarita because florals do NOT agree with me. I am very afraid of old-woman scents.

Wet: Carnation comes out to play even more. Beginning to smell the orangey creaminess I was excited about in the first couple reviews.

Drying: Still spicy... am I going crazy, or do I smell beef jerky or some sort of smoky meat? :ugh:

First Thoughts: Fearing that as the bottle has aged, it's gone 100% carnation. & What the heck was the jerky smell?

Dry: Wow, this COMPLETELY changed into everything I had hoped for. A very very soft, faint, orangey cream (emphasis on the cream). Not eggy like the new (2016) Zarita, but lightly floral. It's very real smelling, and I'm going to have to slather and reapply throughout the day (nothing wrong with that!). 5/5

Final Thoughts: I cannot express my love for this villainous little doll. I do wish she was a tad stronger, but she has helped me find a newfound love for carnation. Everything balances out very very well. SUCCESS! :wub3: 11/10

Delicate sugared fruit in the imp. On skin, it's clean, stark, white carnation with just a bare hint of dessert in the back. A twist emerges on drydown, a distinctly sharp floral (the iris, I suppose). After a few hours Zarita settles down into a pleasant, spiced sweet-cream scent. The iris tipped it over from "nice enough" to a pass for me.

Edited by bellumed

My decant is from 2008.

I love this! Sugary iris and orange blossom heaven. The cream and carnation don't jump out to me much. Really the only downsides are low throw and the fact that two notes out of four appear the most on my skin. 

It's definitely not a foodie scent if the sugared cream note is scaring anyone off, I'd say this would work better for floral lovers. 

This has me wanting to try more blends that include iris. I wonder if the newest Zarita has the same notes or if it is completely different. Would like a bottle of this one day!