Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
abejita

Australian Copperhead (2006)

Snake Oil with acai berry, amber, cardamom, neroli, and smoked vanilla.

I ordered this because I like berries and vanilla and Snake Oil and I am not at all disappointed. When I first put it on, it's very berry, with a bit of the Snake Oil feel. Later everything blends together and it weirdly smells a lot like Perilous Parlour on me, but then the Snake Oil takes over a little, but still with some sharp berry in there. It's gorgeous and I am going to need to hoard this.

In the Bottle: Berries! A faint amber and vanilla undertone.

On Me: Berries, smoke, and the faintest amber. It's nice and fresh. I like this :P It reminds me of a purfume I used to wear as a young teen. It's fresh and fun and still sweet.

The acai berry is the strongest note by far, with Snake Oil lurking underneath. It's almost overpowering at first, and not like any other berry I've ever encountered, but it seems to get a positive reaction from others.

I'm not really getting any cardamom or neroli, though it's possible the neroli is in there sharpening up the berry.

I was hoping to get a lot more smoked vanilla, but it just seems to peek out on drydown.

I'll be keeping my bottle, but it's a scent I only feel like wearing now and then.

Mmmmm... Smoky Snake Oil with vanilla, berries and ..apple? Is that really what I smell here? Basically, there's nothing not to like here. It's fabulous!

Oh drool!

I hadn't tried this one yet, which was a pity since I should have used it sooner! Wow!

In the bottle I smell mostly berries and fruit with slight traces of vanilla and spice.

When applied the berry smell really stands out. I was a bit nervous since sometimes Snake Oil is a little much on my skin, but the berries really balance everything out nicely. It keeps a nice wet fruit and berry scent for most of the day. As time draws on a bit more of the vanilla spice snake oil scent comes out, but it is not overpowering. I think the acai really balances the rest of it well. Normally cardamom makes me sneezy, but I hardly notice it in this one! Yay!

So far this is my favorite Snake type scent!

This has got to be my favorite of the Snake Pits.. this or Boomslang.

I'm not a berry person at all, but with the mixture of Snake Oil and the other notes listed, this works just right. Smooth and very enjoyable to sniff.. this is unlike anything else out there. The vanilla really smooths the berry over, preventing it from being too tart or sharp. Excellent.

I wore this all weekend after trying it out on Thursday. It's a lovely blend of fruit, vanilla, spices and something that can only be described as sultry. I've never tried Snake Oil, but I certainly want to now. I just worry that I'll miss the berry that Australian Copperhead has.

I'm considering getting a bottle.

First Impression: Sour Snake Oil.

Dries down to: Snake oil with citrus and florals.

Additional Comments: Once this settles down, it's a pretty blend that reminds me of creamsicles. I don't know where I get the floral note from. I can usually rely on amber to work on me and cardamom is also a fave. There's just enough smoky vanilla to give it a bit of an edge. Other than the initial phase and the fact that it doesn't last too long, this one might have been one of my favorites of the Snake Pit series.

Lasted: 1-2 hours.

Rating: 3 out of 5.

In the bottle: Overwhelming berries and neroli. I'm not sure I like it.

Wet on skin: The blend gets smokier, sweeter and heavier when applied. The berries become fainter.

Dry on skin: Vanilla and spicy sweetness.

Final thoughts: This oil is so different on my skin than in the bottle. It settles down and all I can smell is the vanilla and it's quite delicious! I don't smell any of the cardamom though, which was the original reason I chose this oil.

Expectations: Fruity Snake Oil with an extra burst of vanilla.

In vial: Lots of neroli, with a hint of spice. Also a tiny bit of an unfamiliar fruitiness, which I guess must be the acai berry.

On skin, wet: Leafy fruits. My opinion of this went downhill as soon as it hit my skin.

On skin, dry: Dusty leaves, with a bit of watered-down fruit juice. I can't believe how little I care to continue this review. It's not even that bad, really, just kind of blah.

After time: At 30 minutes, I've got a very leafy scent with only a touch of fruit. No Snake Oil, only the smoked part of the smoked vanilla, and possibly a little of the powderiness that I always get with amber.

Conclusion: I know there's a chance that the Snake Oil will make an appearance if I wait longer, but if I don't like the first half hour of a scent then it's just not worth it. Plus, it would end up as Snake Oil plus this icky leaf scent, which I won't like anyway.

I love berries, and acai has not failed me here.

The neroli keeps the fruitiness grounded but doesn't overpower. I think that might also be what's keeping SO's spice from overpowering the berry. I really like this blend a lot.

On first sniff/application, it's "berry yummy". The berries stay there, but eventually, the vanilla amber, and snake oil warm it up and balance out the berry and neroli. It's a very well rounded blend, imo, and seems like it'd have wide appeal.

I'm one of those people who was underwhelmed by Snake Oil at first , then fell more and more deeply in love with it as the months went by and it aged down into a thick, syrupy veil of sweet vanilla and spices. Faiza's Companions, however, have without exception bewitched me at first waft.

In the bottle - Deliciously sweet and sharp fruits with vanilla. There's something almost powdery in the background, but on the whole the blend seems entirely edible - like a sweet, creamy dessert.

Wet on the skin - Breathtaking. This is a blend of ripe, lazy fruits with a real feeling of warmth. This is not a snake to be afraid of; in fact it hardly seems venomous at all!

Next stages - Still fruit and powdery amber, with the deliciously sweet scent of orange blossom adding a middle note. I don't smell much of the Snake Oil itself, but experience has told me the base of the Snake Pit scents becomes more prominent over time.

Dry down - Ah, there's the Snake Oil! It takes a while to arrive but when it does it's smoky and rich and dark, given just a little extra depth with the vanilla and dry spice of cardamom.

Other thoughts - This is ideal for summer; it's fruity and sweet without being cloying, yet rich enough for evening wear.

I'm pretty green at reviewing, so bear with me..AC straight from the bottle is straight up berry to me, and lasts maybe 3 minutes on me with the berries. I don't usually like the fruity, berry smells, but it pretty much disappears on me after the drydown. There is a perfume smell now, which I'm assuming is the amber, I don't smell the snake oil at all, which is a bit disappointing. I'm hoping it will make it's appearance with age. Right now, there is just to much of a perfume aura to AC, and while I think it's "OK", it is not my fave snake.

eta: OK, another hour later, and I don't know what it is with my weird body chemistry, but this actually smells very much like Antique Lace to me, which I love only better. I detect the faintest hint of snake oil now. Looking very forward to see how this will age!

Edited by milo

In bottle/imp: Sweet, tart berries with a little spice.

Immediately on skin: The berries are the main note, with amber and spicy vanilla peeking out of the background.

After a few minutes: A nice complex berry scent with the amber blending in nicely. I get spice, too, and a touch of vanilla. Very nice! I hope it stays like this for a while.

Later on: I really love this one. It’s a light berry scent now a couple of hours later with definite spice and the signature Snake Oil thrown in. Where Coral Snake would be a good fall scent, this seems like a great summer scent to me. I definitely need a bottle!

Wet, it's acai berry.

Drying, it smooths out and is somewhere in between fruit, floral and resin. Nicely blended. So far it is refreshing and light on me.

Oooooh, berry nice! *ducks rotten tomatoes and other assorted salad items*

I like this. This is a nice berry scent warmed up by the Snake Oil. Doesn't have much of a throw on me, but then, my nose is probably getting a little confused since this is the 6th perfume I've tried tonight. I still think it's yummy, though.

in the bottle: Snake Oil and yummy, tart berries :P

wet on skin: the Snake Oil tones down to almost nothing at this stage, with the Acai berry really picking up steam. it's totally delicious.

dry down: the Snake Oil re-emerges, mixing in a tangy way with the berry. i get no other notes from this.

in all: the tart Acai only sticks around for about 25 minutes, then this oil reverts to pure Snake Oil goodness. however, that 25 minutes is so fantastic- and i adore good ol' SO anyway, that this is totally worth getting not just one bottle, but a back up as well- i just know this will get even better with age.

:D

The berry wet stage was delicious but the snake didn`t go out at all and it faded in 15 minutes leaving me with nothing in my arm :P

And I slather it a couple of times. I will try to age it a bit.

I put this on about a half hour ago and it was all like **BOINNNG! I am a berry! Watch me jump around and make you feel all playful and fun!** and it was so cute and bright and juicy and lovely. Then something even more amazing happens and I sniffed again and It was like **Hey there hot pants.. I am snake oil with the zing of berries makin me all sultry and vanillay and berry... wanna play?** and I nod my head stupidly and follow Mr. Copperhead to the back room with big smile on my face.

I was sooo scared that I would have a berry scent on my hands (But a lovely berry scent mind you) and I am soooo thrilled to have the loveliness of snake oil behind the berry curtain. In LOVE!!! I bet this will age BEAUTIFULLY! :P

This is orange-flavored Snake Oil! :D

The fruity-citrus hit of acai berry and neroli come on very strong. Underneath, I can sense some of the thick patchouli/vanilla sweetness of Snake Oil, but not much.

The drydown is a bit plasticky. And then it's almost like a berry-scented shampoo! :P A strange side-effect from my skin chemistry, I think.

Initial reaction: Bitter Orange Flavored snake oil!

Wet on the skin: Acai berry is so strong. It takes over and mixes with snake oil. It doesn't smell sweet, just bitter and citrusy.

Drydown: This actually makes the skin under my nose burn and my lips! :P Too much Acai berry! :D

Swap away!

In the bottle, I smell berries, with just a hint of cardamom peeking through

Wet, the berry note is still there, but is less obvious. It's more obvious that this has snake oil in it now, but I'm also getting hints of neroli as well. This is gorgeous, I'm so glad I took a chance and bought a bottle.

Dry...this is beautiful. It's not overtly obvious that it's a Snake Oil variant, yet it has enough of its notes coming through that it's obvious...and I know that makes no sense at all, but it's what my nose is telling me. Ultimately, this is deep and rich and gorgeous...and if I can bear to put it away to age, I think it could only get better than it already is.

At first sniff this is tart berry, the acai, with a hint of vanilla. But there is something sharp and sour that doesn't jive with my body chemistry.

It dries down to a plasticky, berry Snake Oil.

In fact, all of the Snake Pit scents that I have tried dry down to an approximation of Snake Oil, with little throw and they don't last as long. I think I will stick with nicely aged Snake Oil and simply layer.

In the bottle: Juicy, herbal acai, fresh-spicy cardamom, a hint of sharp bright neroli, over a sweet warm base. Dark and unisex in feel.

Wet: Sweeter and more feminine; richer and almost creamy, with the smoked vanilla amping strongly. More warmth, with only a slightly powdery edge, from the amber. Softer cardamom, sharp neroli nearly gone.

Dry: Sweeter and more feminine; richer and almost creamy, with the smoked vanilla amping strongly. More warmth, with only a slightly powdery edge, from the amber. Softer cardamom, sharp neroli nearly gone.

Later: More and more of the spicy-cola-patchouli Snake Oil base emerges over time. The acai has faded dramatically or been overshadowed.

Summary: Much like aged Snake Oil, with extra warmth from rich, only slightly powdery amber, creamy, smoky, vanilla sweetness, a hint of extra spice from green-bright cardamom, and light, juicy, vaguely medicinal acai. Decent throw, great lasting power.

A nice feminine sister of Snake Oil, but not up my alley.