Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
quinkel

Best BPAL for gym, workout, sports, exercise?

Hi all you experts!

Even though I did not yet receive my first order, I am plotting a second one :oops: :P

Yesterday I started fitness again, and used Zombi which of course was much too strong (the machines around became empty :D :D )

SO, what can be a nice smell to fit with exercise? I was thinking someting minty....

From my collection, I'd recommend Absinthe (minty) or Kumiho (light and refreshing).

However, most of my choices have tended towards spicy blends, so hopefully others will have more ideas.

Honestly, I would be excited to smell BPAL on someone else in my gym, but I think it's courtesy not to wear scents in the gym as it bothers others-especially those sensitive to fragrance. BPAL may be an exception in our minds :P , because it is full of pure essential oils. It just makes me want to puke when I smell Clinique Happy or some other department store fragrance while I'm trying to workout! No scent is my input. After, though, something spicy, which is good mixed into a massage oil and rubbed onto sore muscles.

Jenny :D

To be honest, I don't think you should use any of our perfumes when you're working out. Your pores will be wide open, and they may become an irritant under those conditions.

I agree with Divajen that the scents might be pesky to other people, too, but just between us, I do put a little bit of Old Shanghai or Embalming Fluid on my sweats [behind the knees] and on my socks before I head out to the gym. :oops:

My gym has a very firm 'no scent' policy. :P

I wouldn't mind smelling a BIT of BPAL at the gym, but commercial scents really aggravate me when I'm puffing away.

Onlydreamin

I agree with the opinion that scents in general are offending with workout ( Specially those sporty chemical stuff) but I dislike the smell in the gym as well, all those sweaty bodies, and people who do not care to wash their workout outfit more than once a year :P

Therefore I would like to have a little dab ( as Beth suggested)of a non-offensive smell and that can only be someting from BPAL.

Thanks for your help and advice, I am of to the gym in just a moment ( scentless :oops: )

Ok, this is going to sound so bizzare... But- I love the way BPAL smells when it's mixed with sweat..like as your exercising ... On me anyway- it smells goregous. I tried it with "White Rabbit" and it was AMAZING. :P

Certain scents really amp up when your body temp goes up, I've noticed. Eden and 13, in particular become super lush when I've been exercising or out in the hot hot sun. It smells pretty good to me, but I do wonder what it smells like to someone else...perfumey sweat?

Edited by Thorne

I wondered if wearing BPAL would be too much of a disturbance to everyone else while exercising..are there any in particular that are light and stick close to home while sweating?

When I sweat, Blood Amber smells luscious on me. It is usually fantastic, but because it is such a skin smell on me it gets extra nice when I'm sweaty.

I usually just spritz some EA Green Tea into my hair.

That's the only time when I wish I could spritz my BPALs--scents last a lot longer in my hair, but I'm not going to dab oil on my scalp!! :P

Dirty would work since it's... well it is a scent... but it's a clean linen scent. Perfect for a gym bag at least even if you can't actually wear perfume while working out.

Bon Vivant! I remember seeing a health article last year about how the scents of strawberries or buttered popcorn make people work out harder and for longer. It's worth a try, no?

Well, out of those options, Bon Vivant would certainly be preferable to Shill at the gym! :P I wear BPAL for yoga--Coiled Serpant or Sudha Segara usually, but that's a little different from the gym since it's a big studio and no one gets very sweaty. When I'm going to hit the machines I use something very light but happy, like Dormouse. muscles.gif

I work in a bookstore, which sometimes requires quite a bit of physical labor. The scents that help me feel fresh are Dormouse, the Unicorn and Embalming Fluid, and they're the only ones that aren't potentially offensive to others, according to co-worker opinion.

I would be quite conservative with scents at a gym though. I think I would only apply to my shoulders, which would be close enough for me to enjoy the smell, but not a pulse point likely to amplify the scent. If absorbtion into open pores is an issue, you can use a terry wrist band or something, or put a little in your hair (not scalp).

I'm not one that's fond of smelling strong perfumes while I'm dancing, working out, whatever. Granted, I don't really go anywhere to work out because I'm so damn lazy and all that, but it still annoys me.

That being said, Blood Rose was amazing on me without the sweating, but even better with it. After an hour of heavy dancing and walking across campus in lovely heat, my wrists smelled heavenly and my sweatshirt did, too.

I found Black Pearl is a gorgeous scent when I wear it in the crook of my arm. It spreads really well and I'm really fond of the coconut in it. After doing some extensive warmups today, it melted so well to the rest of me.

Kumiho's a favorite scent, probably my most favorite if I could choose just one, and it smells so clean. It would be a lot like the other citrusy tea scents, lovely for neutral situations. Mmm...

I could see using a little bit of these in a conditioner before working out. I'd probably do that from now on for the whole sweating my ass off thing.

This may be an impossible request, but what scents can you think of that arn't powerful enough to choke, but are just constantly there, through anything? Gluttony held up well during my martial arts class, but I don't want to wear it constantly, and it's a bit to... Rich.

Musk and vanilla lasts well on me, cherry scents (Something in hellcat, dragon blood makes me smell cherry) makes me want to vomit.

I don't know if this will really help you, but Scherezade and Thaleia last all day on me (they get faint, but I can still smell them). Sloth (which is spicy on me) also lasts really well.

I would try putting some in your hair in addition to on your body. That might help since you won't sweat ALL the way down the length of your hair, probably. (not sure how long your hair is...)

I hope that helps you smell pretty after sports. :P

I second the recommendation to put a bit in your hair; really increases the lasting ability (even if you have short hair, as I do).

Antique Lace lasts well for me, so does Zephyr.

Well I don't do sports, but I do live in Florida with an unholy ability to sweat pretty good at temperatures above 90. It's uncanny really. I also have pretty acidic skin that "devours" perfume oils at a pretty good rate. I.e. Emblaming Fluid last exactly 20 minutes on me, unless I layer it over alcohol or something....

so while I can't say specifically for sports, I have noticed that the following manage to last through my wonky skin chemistry and the Florida heat:

Scherezade - another vote for this. It's beautifully "deep" and spicey, w/out being overpowering and lasts at least 8 hours on me.

Dorian -It may be the musk, but this lasts all day as well...although it does morph throughout...the lighter lemon, lavendar and tea scents fade but the sweet, dark, musky vanilla sugar lingers well into the night. LOVE this.

White Rabbit -a stronger tea then in Dorian, and the milky peppery scent doesn't fade much through the day.

Queen Mab - Though I've only worn this once (it initially reminded me of Dorian, incidentally) it DEFINETLY stayed on through my walking in the heat for 30 minutes and sweating my pale gothic arse off. Lasted most of the day afterward as well and still smelled lovely. Although it doesn't actually have any musk or vanilla listed, it morphed into a vanilla-y, musky floral on me...and I'm not a huge floral fan either.

That's all I can think of for now. Hopefully these may help!

I wear O when I work out and it's really nice for this purpose, I think; physical exertion amps its usually weak throw, but most people report that it doesn't travel far from the skin anyway. Other amber and honey based scents seem to have a lot of staying power, as well.

Vechernyaya does not have an inordinate amount of oomph, but if I get some of it on my shirt, I can still smell it when I sort the laundry up to a week later. Worn on my skin, it easily lasts through a hard day at work, and since you say musks last well on you... Vech is three white musks with poppy and patchouli.

In the same "not overwhelming, but longlasting" category is Samael, which is a floral combination with a generous dash of honey and maybe the tiniest hint of musk (at least as far as I can tell).

If vanilla is another scent that lasts well on you, you could also try Black Opal, which is a lot softer than the other two but yet another Energizer bunny, at least for me.

Edited by Diva Urd