Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
concrescence

princess-y scents

i just got a new job as a children's birthday party performer. most of the time i will be playing a fairy princess, cinderella, snow white, or sleeping beauty. i'm looking for a good scent to go with my new princess persona.

since i'll be working closely with kids, i don't want something that has too strong of a throw or is too "sexy" or "dark" smelling. i'm only recently learning to like florals (i've been mostly a resin person), so they have to be mixed with something else. i have imps of othello and alice that i like and am considering ordering bottles of, but thought i'd get some other suggestions, too.

i'd prefer GC scents. TAL could be fine, although i don't yet have a paypal account. CD is ok, too, since it will be available for a while.

thanks for your help!

Edited by ivyandpeony
tweaked title to reflect the direction the discussion has taken

i just got a new job as a children's birthday party performer. most of the time i will be playing a fairy princess, cinderella, snow white, or sleeping beauty. i'm looking for a good scent to go with my new princess persona.

since i'll be working closely with kids, i don't want something that has too strong of a throw or is too "sexy" or "dark" smelling.

Alice (but you have an imp already)

Regan--a gentle, non-foody vanilla

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente--soft fruit/aquatic with a tinge of florals

Tiger Lily--golden lily dipped in honey

Prague--cool, sharp lily and crocus with aquatic tinge

The Unicorn--yes, it's a floral, but it's very green and on me it's more herbal than flowery

Katharina--apricot with white musk; delicious, fruity, and effervescent

Snow White

Alice

Underpants

Beaver Moon

Milk Moon

Regan

Antique Lace

London

Tamora

Fae (though this one might be too sexy because of the musk)

Maiden

Kumiho

wow! thanks for the quick and prolific recommendations. a lot of vanilla scents, which is both apropos (since it's reminiscent of birthday cake) and good with my body chemistry.

i think i'm going to have to order and imp pack (or seven!). :P

Euphrosyne might be good for you, even though you're wary of florals. It's very soft and the florals are tempered nicely by the vanilla. It reminds me very much of a princess.

And maybe Eat Me? You've gotten some very good recommendations.

I wear Maiden to my weekly volunteer visits to my daughter's kindergarten class. It's light and non-offensive, but spicy enough that I feel like I'm still an adult, if that makes any sense.

Aglaea struck me immediately-- it's sweet but not cloying, light, friendly, and HAPPY! I think it's how a princess should smell :P Kids wont sniff you and want to eat you (as I think might happen with a lot of the overly foody & rich scents like Underpants, Beaver Moon, Gluttony, Bliss, etc) but it's still sweet and feminine.

On another note-- best job ever!? haha

I like Maiden for you too. It is clean, kind of sweet, but not candy like, and like Taniwha says, has enough spice so you still feel grownup. (well, a little, anyway!)

:P

These are all fairly sweet and light and make me happy, which is why they're here. :P Also, they're the scents that I could see a little girl wearing without me blinking about it at all.

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Antique Lace

Fae

Lady of Shalott

The Unicorn

Tarot: The Star

Dragon's Milk

i agree with the regan, alice, maiden and the mouse's long and sad tale seem very princessy to me. i also find morgause and glasgow a bit princessy.

You've gotten really great recommendations already, but I wanted to throw my support behind Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Alice, Katharina, and Eat Me- plus add a suggestion for Drink Me, possibly. Black Opal is another one that is beautiful and still grown-up.

bumping this thread because i want to smell like a princess, too, hehe- i'm actually thinking something girly and sparkly and glittery. i'm very into spices and resins and darker smokey scents so i'm in totally new territory here. help me out! :P

Titania is my go to pretty-princess BPAL. It's very sweet and ethereal. I also think Maenad (strawberry and orange) would work.

well, i guess i'll update and say what i tend to wear while princessing: alice, mouse's long sad tale, maiden, persephone, pink moon 07, hermia.

porcelina- i would second hermia for you because it's quite pink and girly, but that pink pepper gives it a spicy kick. it really captures the sort of feisty yet girly attitude of hermia.

i'm poor right now, but snow white is definitely on my list. i might get it for christmas.

Titania is my go to pretty-princess BPAL. It's very sweet and ethereal. I also think Maenad (strawberry and orange) would work.

I second this! It's the ultimate fairy queen scent. :P On me it's a lovely pale pear and white floral scent, but I don't think it ages very well and in fact mine turned rather muddy and sour after a while. I'd get an imp and use it liberally on your skin and hair for a month or two.

I'm totally stalking this thread because I love the idea of smelling like a princess! :D

The most sparkly princess scents I've tried so far have been Fae (I don't know why I don't have a bottle yet, actually), Lolita, Glitter, and Bon Vivant. They're the most "sparkly" feeling, to me.

Other princessy scents: Alice (of course!), Hermia (so pink!) and Kindly Moon.

And reading these recs I really want to try Titania now. :P

I was going to say Titania as well as The Unicorn and Katharina. All light, sweet, regal and dainty.

I work with young kids a lot *ages 6 to 11* and they love it when I wear foody dessert scents, Gingerbread Poppit, Eat me, Gluttony, Enraged groundhog, Bliss... One of my favorite compliments, while wearing Eat Me, was from a little girl who said 'Yum! You smell like a cupcake!' and all the other kids ran up to me and wanted to smell me upclose...cute!

And another of my favorites was from my boss while I was wearing Midwinter's Eve 'Wow, it smells like Jolly Ranchers in here!'

It always makes me feel like a little girl smelling of cupcakes and candy and warm cookies; its so much fun!