Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
paperdoll

Roadhouse

Truck stop sleaze. Weedy dandelion and hops with a whiff of tobacco and hemp and a swirl of booziness.

In the imp: overpoweringly green floral

Wet: the same

Dry down: I didn't think I would like this at all because the first fifteen minutes or so smelled liked I had taken the stalk of a dandelion and wiped it all over my wrist and then wiped the yellow flower of the dandelion on top of it. I was trying to figure out what everyone was talking about when they described Roadhouse as a beautiful scent. Then, after 30 minutes or more, it went from a caterpiller to a butterfly! It turned from a bitter scent into a sweet, light, very enjoyable scent that even has a touch of spice. I will be getting a bottle and am happy I tried an imp of this!

One of my all-time favorite scents (why is it i never reviewed this before?), and an absolute treasure in the GC catalog. Dandelion, greens and something just slightly bitter and sweet. It's like Enraged Bunny Musk without the powdery sweetness, or the green component in Two, Five and Seven.

It doesn't morph much, except to sweeten up a bit. It lasts and lasts. It's hard to describe, smell it for yourself! I actually didn't like this one in the imp, i had to try it on my skin to fall in love with it. ROADHOUSE ROCKS \m/

Bottle: Dandelion, hemp and booze

Wet: Dandelion is so strong. It really does smell like a roadhouse. That I don't know if I'm brave enough to go into.

Drydown: Wow, that is not my scent.

2.5 outta 5, ew!

I had to try this one purely for the descriptor "truck stop sleaze". I worked at a truck stop all four years of high school, and I'm well acquainted with the smells therein.

Thankfully, Roadhouse smells nothing like a truck stop or its inhabitants. At first it just smells like white flowers, but then the hops come out, giving it a beer-y quality. The dry-down is a curious blend of the two: like white flowers misted with a Pilsner. It's actually not unpleasant, but it's also not me.

Wet on my skin, Roadhouse is dandelion single note, with the stem and leaves coming through very well. Dry, the booze shows up. Surprisingly, I like this scent, though I wouldn't wear it every day.

In the imp: roses. :P What the hell? Very pretty, clean and a little sharp and quite green and grassy.

Wet on me: OK, now it's apparent that what I was reading as 'roses' is actually more like 'beer and hops'. Yeah, I know, it's really weird. Something about the sharp-sweet beer and hops scent mixed with grassy dandelion is just really rose-like.

After a few minutes, a dry straw-like scent. That must be the hemp. Dry, grassy, and sweet. Wow, it's continuing to morph as I'm typing and now the hemp smells like sun-warmed hay - it's *very* nice. Makes me imagine relaxing on a big bale of hay at the end of summer with a can of good beer just cracked open. (Does any good beer actually come in a can?)

I'm fairly amazed at this scent. It was NOT on my wishlist at any stage but my mom got a frimp of it and after smelling it on her I needed to try some for myself. Chances are it smells a lot better than you think it does. :D

I was intrigued by the description of this, but would not have ordered it for myself. Thankfully, the Lab is wiser and sent me a frimp.

In the imp and on wet: Crazy ferocious dandelions, and other green things.

Dry: Nicely boozy, smoky, and sexy. Simultaneously clean. For some mysterious reason on my skin this smells like the younger sister of Samhain - very similar feel, but lighter and a little more innocent. I've tried it before, but I always forget how much I love this one. I told my Boy to pick a letter this morning while I was getting dressed since he said there were too many choices to pick a scent, and R it was! Roadhouse is nummy.

I don't know if any of you had a hippie mom, but I do. When I was little, she was forever stopping by the side of the road to pick weeds (for dried flower arranging). If I imagine she had been drinking a nice pilsner while stopped on the side of picking weeds, I smell Roadhouse.

The dandelion here is lovely, it reminds me of The Good Home's Dandelion Sheet Spray and Laundry Rinse, both of which I love. The booziness tempers the wild green just-picked weed scent of the dandelion.

I just wish Roadhouse had more throw, since I'm a big-scent person.

It's definitely on my list to consider for a big bottle, though.

Tzi

In the bottle: Dandelions, mostly stems.

Wet: Still dandelions, but with some sweetness mixed in. Reminds me of bourbon but is probably something else.

Dry: Dandelion has faded a lot, and its mostly tobacco and the bourbon smell now. Not pipe tobacco though, it smells like that stuff used to hand-roll cigarettes after its been left open for a day. I don't detect much of the hemp at all, maybe it contributes to the dry, dusty smell of the tobacco.

Overall: I love it. I want to wear this in the summer while I'm driving around with the windows down in my car. Maybe in the winter when its super cold and I miss the sun. Bottle buy for sure. Awesome frimp, and I'm grateful.

Being a fan of this sort of establishment, I HAD to try it. In the bottle and on me, it smells like a drunk dandelion and I LOVE it. I think someone up there mentioned she smells like a "beer-swilling floozy" or something to that effect... I almost wish I got that, but this is so ADORABLE! Definitely getting a bottle

:P

In the bottle – Dandelions with freshly broken stems that are full of sap

Wet on me – Dandelions and a hint of freshly mown grass

Dry on me – The tobacco from Perversion mixed with the creamy sweetness of condensed milk

Overall – I like this, but I have other blends that fulfil this niche so I doubt I will need more than my imp, maybe when I get low on my bottles of Perversion and Tombstone I’ll pick some of this up as a change.

rofl. this is amazing. dandelions, stale beer, and I swear I can smell the hot asphault too.

certainly not something I would wear, but by god did beth nail it.

In bottle/imp: A very smooth fruitiness with some light green notes and an underlying slight earthy tone.

Immediately on skin: This is almost fruity, but it’s not overly sweet. It smells almost like light grass plus something like those white or clear gummy bears (not really overwhelmingly OMG fruit, but sweet and slightly fruity). It has a nice green and earthy mixed feel to it, plus that subtle and almost innocent candy sweetness.

After a little while: This is light, refreshing, a little fruity, and just slightly “green” smelling. It’s a sweet blend, but not overly so. The scent seems to be pretty complex and very well blended as there’s a lot going on, but there’s put together in a way that I can’t identify any of the specific notes.

Overall Impressions: Wow, this was totally unexpected… I love this blend! It’s slightly fruity and sweet, but there’s a lot of complexity to this with a little hint of green and smooth, earthy notes to this. It reminds me a lot of dirty in the way that it’s refreshing, but still complex and wearable. This is definitely a cheerful scent, and I’d imagine it would be lovely in spring. This also seems subtle enough to wear any time.

Wow! Just... wow! This is an amazing blend!

The description induced me to buy an imp of Roadhouse, and I'm really glad of it!

In the imp, it's VERY sweet, like dandelion flowers on steroids. I can't really detect anything else under the sweetness, but I soldier on and apply some to my wrists.

On, wet, it's still dandelions, sweet and somehow green. As it dries, I think I detect the scent of feverfew leaves in the mix, though that could be dandelion sap. Though sweet, it's very pleasant - reminds me of summer days as a kid, running wild through the local parkland and coming home with bits of vegetation in my hair.

About ten minutes in, I definitely get the beery notes, with the aroma of hops peeking out. Without raising my wrist anywhere near my nose, I get alternating wafts of sweet dandelion and hops. Still very like my childhood summers!

20 minutes to half an hour in, I'm now detecting just the faintest trace of tobacco, sort of as a tickle in the back of my throat. Over the next half hour, this note strengthens, but never to the point of obnoxiousness, and I also begin to pick up a whiff of booziness that strengthens the impression of BEER :P

I'm not getting the hemp, but the other notes combine so well they may have buried it, at least to my nose. Anyway, I really really REALLY like this one! It'd be great for summertime wear, although I think it's just swell for a cold, rainy March day, too! I'm definitely putting a 5mL bottle on my "wanted" list.

Wow, you don't have to be even somewhat familiar with notes to catch the obvious floral quality to this scent upon first application!

In the imp: sweet with a sort of tang (imagining that's the boozy note)

wet on skin: dandelions, sharp and sweet strong floral which oddly enough isn't abrasive for me, who is a self-proclaimed floral note hater with a little bit of the bottom notes fighting to come out.

drydown: Ah, harmony. The florals are still the most obvious note, but they blend well with the himp and tobacco. Very spring at dusk sort of smell to it.

Absolutely thrilled with this scent. Since I don't like florals, I won't be getting a big bottle of this, but I'm definitely keeping the imp around for those occasions that I think wearing a floral scent is most appropriate.

This is very much dandelion to me: both yellow and bright and green with a milky, sticky substance. On top of that I smell hops that are fresh, and a touch of booziness. The tobacco adds a touch of sweetness but it a light accent to me. Very evocative blend.

Have you ever been sitting outside on a sunny day, enjoying the lovely scent of dandelions and thinking about how fresh and green it smells, and then some jerk drives by and throws an empty beer can out the windows and it lands in your dandelions and then all you can smell is stale beer?

I hate it when that happens.

Wet, I get a huge kick of the exact same sharp green grassy note I liked so much in The Passionate Shepherd to his Love. I'm not really getting any of the hops or tobacco, which isn't surprising because my skin amps that note like crazy. As it dries I start to get a little bit of the tobacco, which helps calm it down a little bit, but not so much the beer everyone else is smelling. It gets a little more sweet and a little less sharp but that green scent is still powering it. I really enjoy this and it's something I'd wear often, may end up getting a bottle someday.

In The Bottle

Semi sweet weeds with a hint of beer. :P

On Application

As in the bottle and I almost get some very ripe apple as well (cider). I was really anticipating trying this and so far I am not disappointed.

Dry Down

I really can't express how odd and incredible this scent is. I get wafts of dandelion (great!), wafts of cider and wafts of beer. I really, really like it. :D The tobacco comes through as it dries and warms. I wouldn't have thought this was wearable but I can see myself wearing this fairly frequently. Sleazy? Perhaps. Worldly? Definitely.

Rating (0-5)

I do get the dandelions from this - and something slightly sweet and hoppy. There must be dandelions in Szepasszony because it has that sharp, airy smell to it.

Unfortunately, the dandelions dry down. And there's that overriding hoppy/barley kind of smell.

*sigh*

Oh, this scent is heavenly. It's identical on me as it is in the imp... lucky me, right? It's very true to its notes... I get delicious and slightly bitter dandelion greens mingling with yummy hops. It's amazingly cool and refreshing and if I weren't flat broke, I'd buy a 5mL of it this very minute so that I can slather myself with it throughout the summer.

Notes I don't get out of this: tobacco, booze. Hey, I'm just as happy without them.

One downside: it doesn't last terribly long on me. We're talking like 3 hours, maybe. For a BPAL scent and my skin, that's really, really brief. Still, it's some good stuff.

I order a bottle of this unsniffed because I love boozy scents and I love tobacco! (Juke Joint is one of my favorites) However, I was unpleasantly surprised by Roadhouse. :D

In Bottle: Fresh Dandelions (I loved that smell as a kid)

Wet on Skin: Stale Beer with crushed dandelion.

Dry on Skin: Crushed Dandelion soaked in 3 day old stale Miller Lite.

Oh I had such I hopes for this one. Oh well...off to the sales bin! :P

Edited by Dark Alice

What I smelled was fresh dandelions, and it was gorgeous and bright. My husband smelled me and says - I dont know if I would wear that one. So I asked him what he smelled. The answer to that question usually varies from a wrinkled nose, to old lady, to baby powder. He says, Well, booze. Chalk him up on that one because I didnt smell it, and he had no idea what was in this.

I got Roadhouse as a frimp and when I looked at the scent description I was a bit fearful of putting it on. I mean, truck stop sleaze, booze and cigarettes? Srsly nao...

So, I read the description out for my boyfriend. He asked me if I wanted him to buy some for me. I said, "Why? I already have a sample." He replied, "Well, I thought you might want more."

Well, he was right. The minute I tried Roadhouse I knew I needed more.

I cannot express how much I :P Roadhouse. It perks me right up, like golden glee in liquid form. In the imp it smells like one of my favourite beers, a microbrewed India Pale Ale with a ton of hops in it. It's green floral hoppiness and I want to inhale it. On me sweet grass and dandelion sap emerge as well. It's a clean, fresh, bright and breezy scent, like rolling around in a grass meadow. I never got the tobacco, but that's fine. It doesn't morph at all on my skin and stays true to its fresh grassiness for about four hours.

Have I mentioned I like beer? I really like beer. Maybe that's why I like Roadhouse so much. And perfume-indifferent but beer-loving boyfriend says he likes this one too.

Edited by trollgirl

In the Bottle

It smells a little bit like wet weeds (probably the dandelion).

On My Skin

This is a light scent, still smells like wet weeds and a little bit of sweat. It’s not very strong, the scent is just hanging out in the background. This doesn’t remind me so much of a Roadhouse as much as it does a garden that’s just been watered.

After a Bit

I’m getting whiffs of something spicy. Now it smells like dandelions, stale beer, with a tiny bit of pepper. This is really a unique blend.

Rating 1-5 (5 being the best)

Scent – 3 Throw – 2 Longevity – 3

Over all – 2.8

Final Thoughts

This is really interesting and I’ll admit, something I simply tried because it sounded beyond gross. It’s not gross, it’s almost a spring type scent, but something I don’t think I’d wear on a regular basis. I’ll keep the imp but pass on a bottle.