Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Roses Ablaze

Metallic scents

Violet tends to smell metallic or blood-like on me. Ones that have "metal" notes in their description to try might be The Cracked Bell, Bed of Nails, The Bloody Sword, Ultraviolet, Neo-Tokyo, and The Clockwork Girl.

Neo-Tokyo has a "metallic" undertone to it, but it's mostly citrus/floral/ozone sharpness.

If Steampunk could be a scent, it would be Neo-Tokyo.

I'm lookin' for a metallic, leathery, spicy scent.

Centzon Totochtin came close, but it was a bit too much cocoa. Something similar to Dracul. Non-BPAL could be good recs, too.

I'm lookin' for a metallic, leathery, spicy scent.

Centzon Totochtin came close, but it was a bit too much cocoa. Something similar to Dracul. Non-BPAL could be good recs, too.

Tezcatlipoca!

I am necro-ing this thread!

There is something in No. 93 Engine that smelled, when I first got my first imp, like hot machinery. I actually had a coworker stop and ask me what that delicious hot metal smell was, it was so uncanny. Then, tragically, No. 93 turned into spicy flat coke, and an aged bottle sent to me by a generous forumite turned out the same. I still love to layer it for the spice, but the loss of that hot machinery note sometimes nearly makes me weepy.

It smelled like a freshly bathed male rat smells, as odd as that sounds. Any ratty owners here--you know that hot gun barrel smell on the back of your boys' necks, that machinery smell that wafts up from them when they're curled up on your shoulder? That smell, right there. It smelled like that. Dead-up metal, but warm and alive.

I don't recognize most of the notes listed for No. 93, so I'm wondering if benzoin or even maybe hyssop (I doubt it, cos I tried it at a health food store?) registers as metallic for anyone. I almost got a whiff of it in Galvanic Goggles, but it was very, very short-lived and I think it may have been wishful thinking :lol:

Machinery single note :( Do want.

Another metal request here.

After predicting that the Festival of Anuket wasn't for me, I ended up wearing it more and more this summer, and now my imp is gone. And I miss it. But since it's LE, I don't want to get dependent.

So... Are there any other aquatic AND metallic oils in the GC? The other reviews for FoA said it was similar to Phoenix Steamworks or Sea of Glass, but I think I'd have to layer those to get a sweet aquatic and tangy metallic scent.

Edit to add: I did search BPAl for metal scents, but none of the results seemed to have an aquatic note. Though I may have missed it, since the Lab note descriptions can be a bit exotic.

Edited by tawaen

Neo-Tokyo and Sea of Glass both come off as a sharp, shiny stainless steel kind of metallic on me. Not sure if you're looking for that or a more smoky, dark iron feel though. :blush:

Possibly Quicksilver Phoenix (Anniversary 2009)? Notes: Cinnabar and silvery liquid droplets of mastic, white sandalwood, elemi, and lavender.

Could I bump this topic? The last reply seems to have been 2010 and a lot of the suggestions are discontinued (especially the heavily suggested Clockwork Girl). I am hoping to find one that is currently stocked.

I have a very old perfume Victoria's Secret Very Sexy 2(squared) which is completely unlike anything else they have ever made (the candy/ fruity/ florals) or i have smelled.

It is like a metallicy blackberry and I am looking for another metallic scent recommendation.

The website lists (cactus, amber, orange and vanilla) some crazy notes and I thought if anyone had thrown these together it would be Beth.

Metallics in general i would like to try, but especially if there was a metallic berry or metallic floral. Anything metallic really, there doesn't seem to be a lot in this category.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Could I bump this topic? The last reply seems to have been 2010 and a lot of the suggestions are discontinued (especially the heavily suggested Clockwork Girl). I am hoping to find one that is currently stocked.

I have a very old perfume Victoria's Secret Very Sexy 2(squared) which is completely unlike anything else they have ever made (the candy/ fruity/ florals) or i have smelled.

It is like a metallicy blackberry and I am looking for another metallic scent recommendation.

The website lists (cactus, amber, orange and vanilla) some crazy notes and I thought if anyone had thrown these together it would be Beth.

Metallics in general i would like to try, but especially if there was a metallic berry or metallic floral. Anything metallic really, there doesn't seem to be a lot in this category.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

the few bpals I've tried with metallic notes in them have been more unisex/cologne-ish than fruity or floral.

the exception is skektek the scientist, "Metal and stone beams of dark light: hyssop, black currant, black viola, passionflower, and myrrh."

skektek is gorgeous and feminine. skekung and skekna also have metal notes listed and are both fabulous but quite different.

otherwise I highly recommend Wooden bullet from the OLLA scents, kroenen from hellboy, the magician from CP, also look into the few scents with metal notes in the RPG and steamworks line.

until the search bar is restored and the lab's website repaired, you can look up scents by notes here:

https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-directory/

I'm sure No. 93 Engine has gotten some mentions in this thread already, but in its reviews it's described with phrases like "enchanted sewing machine" or "happy mechanical bees." It definitely has a metallic component, but is probably a bit "warmer" than many of the other metallic scents.

Little Sister is Watching You: metallic cherry, ozone, and static

Palace of Electricity?

Kataniya the Clockwork Woman from the Carnivale: flowers and hot metal, shocked to life with electricity

Sign in to follow this