Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
maribouquet

Garden Path With Chickens

Garden Path With Chickens, Gustav Klimt.
Damp grass, ivy leaves, morning glory, daisy, rose geranium, heliotrope, white gardenia, climbing roses, peppery nasturtium, phlox, begonia, verbena and sun-warmed herbs.

This is the scent of a backyard on a summer's day. Its fresh green grass, a little ivy, and a hint of florals. I'm not familar with all the notes but grass, ivy, and rose are what I can pick out most. In a way then, its Two Five and Seven in reverse - lots and lots of grass with a teeny weeny bit of rose. No herbs and surprisingly, NO verbena which usually amps on my skin. Garden Path With Chickens has medium throw but doesn't last overly long. But I do love it and it will be in heavy rotation this summer.

My switchwitch gave me this. :P

Together with a necklace with the matching artwork.

My switch*coughkmasdencough*witch rocks.

Anyway, this is a beautiful scent. It smells green and grassy and like early summer. It's the perfect scent for this time of year. I am not big on florals, but these florals stay nicely blended in the background. This is mainly grassy/herbal on me, with the florals just adding a bit of a sweet touch.

I am really loving this.

This is a great scent for this time of year. I got a wonderful mix of grass and florals, but weak on my skin. In fact, the one thing I didn't like about this is that it did not last long on me.

I like this, but I wouldn't get a bottle.

This is pretty much a straight shot from what it smells in the imp to all the way in the drydown.

In the imp: fresh and clean, floral and herby

On Skin: Light florals and clean herbs, grassy and a hint limey

Drydown: Sunlight florals and slightly herbal.

Verdict: This is the scent of a backyard garden in the early summer, the smell of flowers and grasses intermingling. It's a nice, light and calming scent actually. Like you've stepped outside with a book and are enjoying your garden, the sunlight and the glorious time to yourself, no worries or cares. Very well done.

I am diggin' this garden. I can't pick out all these notes for the life of me, but I definitley get the greenery of this blend. It's like I walked outside in a garden, a slightly damp cool garden. The ivy sticks out, and the grasses are very obvious to me. The flowers are sweet and bright and not overwhelming, so floral lovers and non-floral lovers alike can enjoy this. This deserves a lot of popularity, and I can see this becoming a staple scent for me, like Roadhouse, it's green cousin. This truly showcases Beth's genius with evocative themes. Beautiful! :P

I love the grassy scents!

This one is the perfect summer's day scent.

Lazing in the tall grass, staring up at the clouds while the warm breeze gently blows over your face.

I think I smell the daisies in this too. Thankfully the rose doesn't come through for me at all as I'm not fond of rose scents in general.

On the drydown, I'm left smelling mostly of grass and I LOVE IT!!!

My first Salon scent! I loved the art and the description of this, and knew I had to have it.

Wet: Very sharp, screaming loud old lady perfume.

After a few minutes on my skin: Clear, sweet florals, some weeds. Definitely green. My skin tends to amp florals horribly, so I was a little wary of the florals coming out so soon.

About 20 minutes: Some rose, thankfully it isn't cloying or amping. This is great, because most of Beth's roses morph and amp unpleasantly on me. I also smell some ivy, I think maybe it is anchoring the rose and making it behave.

This one has some strong staying power on me. Hours later I could still smell it. It is like Emma2403 said, familiar flowers, but I can't put my finger on them.

Someone earlier mentioned that the scent is warm, but not hot. This is a warm summer morning, when the air is soft, the dew is still wet on your bare feet, and the heat hasn't gone to sweltering.

The end result: Expensive french milled soap mixed with dirt. Doesn't sound great, but I really liked it.

Rating: 4/5

Keeper: Yes

I have found my dream scent. A combination of light florals, bright greens and a twist of herbs. This is exactly what I want in a fragrance, and it softens so beautifully I could not believe it. Even the man said he liked it, which is a rare thing indeed. I swapped for a decant of this, and would beat up my grandmother in order to get a whole bottle. This is a beautiful work of fragrance art. :P

I knew the chickens wouldn't let me down! :D

I love love LOVE grassy scents and this is SO GOOD!! Straight out of the bottle is sweet, juicy, wet grass. MMM! Just perfect! There's a moist soil something in there, but right in the background of the spectacular green. It's this sort of magic that just drew me to BPAL in the first place. Yes, I want to smell like a garden path!

Drying down, I swear I can smell a mixture of grasses - if it's not dandelion, then it's doing a good impersonation. There are no "pretty" florals here, it's more rustic than that. It really is a mild, dewy spring morning in the back yard. I cannot get over how perfect this is! :P This was a bottle purchase without any hesitation, just for the concept alone, and it is SUCH a winner.

Run, little chickens! On your funny little legs!

In the imp: mm, bright, yellow-green fresh florals.

On me, wet: grassy green leaves and florals, very sharp and gardenish.

On me, dry: grass green florals and spring freshness. A bit fabric-conditioner-ish.

Verdict: Mm, yeah, I think this reminds me too much of my fabric conditioner. But it's otherwise nice.

Garden Path With Chickens

In the imp: floral grass with a touch of crushed herbs.

On the wrist: Very grassy, with a hint of florals that swim through individually and fade. The grass is like grass trodden underfoot—bruised and pungent. On drydown, the grass is still dominant, and there are two strong flowers that are pushing through. Looking at the description, I’d say it’s probably the begonia and the heliotrope, but I’m not certain.

An hour and a half in, and it’s gone through a floral phase and just calmed down to a warm patio, with a summer breeze wafting in a mix of flowery smells. It’s late afternoon.

Very little scent left, though. Hardly any last. I'm glad I bought it, but it's off to swaps.

Ten minutes after trying an imp of this I was hunting down a bottle...it's so clean and refreshing. But I adore grassy scents, so that has to be taken into account. If you don't, or have allergic reactions, you'll need to keep far away. One of my favorites, and happily, still available.

This is a VERY grassy scent, very much like roadhouse without a hint of booze. Grass takes center stage and overshadows everything - on me, i smell a bit of cucumber and something herbal with the fresh greem grass scent (no cucumber listed though). Never during all it's phases do i get even a hint of roses or florals - my husband says he smells some florals but i totally don't until it's been on over an hour and by that time the scent is very very faint. Ok, having said all that, i really love this and think it would make an amazing soap for springtime.

imp: the only way i can describe this scent is that it's the scent of lightly crushed stems from fresh spring plants. it has a fresh, green springy scent.

wet: there's something sharp, something sweet, something fresh but everything is quite green. something gives it a faint aquatic feel but more like the water in a creek or brook rather than anything salty. this really puts me in mind of overgrown victorian gardens.

dry: unfortunately, the most prominent note smells very sharp, like dandelion greens. i'm also getting a nice grassy scent but the sharpness above it will keep me from buying a bottle.

this is a sweet herbal floral and it is very sunny and green. it's sweet and a bit sour at the same time. i definitely get a bit of pepperiness from it, and i think the heliotrope stands out. it's pretty well blended though, and hard to make out notes, though i'm not sure what morning glory and begonia, etc. actually smell like. this is a very pretty springlike scent, but it's not something i'd wear too often...so i'll have to swap it.

Love it in the imp, it smells like a light perfume, and the most perfectly balanced bunch of wildflowers. But on there’s a sharp citrusy smell that’s crowding out the other scents as it dries. Too bad, I really had high hopes for this one.

Oh you adorable chicken! Your fresh grassy greens, and your lux gardenia and herbs send me into a happy spring dance. This is rich yet light enough for a sunny day. After wearing for awhile, the soft gardenia remains to linger on the skin.

In the bottle: Strong, sharp, & green. Almost bitter.

Wet: Wow, nasturtiums. Spicy-peppery- green. Grassy. Some gentler florals linger in the background as do some herbal notes. This most certainly evokes a garden - very outdoorsy!

Dry: The florals have strengthened substantially; I can now detect the heliotrope and other florals I don't individually recognize. If I really sniff, I can get a bit of bergamot too. The nasturtium is less overpowering.

Summary: Spicy-herbal-floral. This one morphs alot, but in the long run it's quite lovely and balanced. I can see this being a great scent on men, though I like it on myself quite a bit. I think, unfortunately, that it's irritating my rosacea (even though I didn't put it on my face!). Alas.

In the imp: Fresh, intricate, beautiful. Laundry hung in the night garden.

Wet: Love that cut grass! Also, there's a glorious big flower -- is that gardenia? But as it dries, turns into more of a standard floral.

Dry: Grass has almost disappeared. Still beautiful, but faint and less interesting, now that the grass and ivy are swallowed by my skin.

This one just didn't work, even though I really really wanted it to.

Damned if it doesn't smell exactly like my garden: grass, nasturtium, daisy, morning glory, the tiniest whiff of rose. It's kind of like Hanging Gardens' younger, innocent country-mouse cousin, humble fresh grass, ivy and cottage flowers instead of exotic woods and blooms. And if Hanging Gardens is a lush mature summer garden bearing fruit, Garden Path is a spring garden filled with young greenery and flowers.

Ultimately, though, it was just too green for me, and something in it, the ivy maybe, started to resemble the olfactory equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard after it dried down. Disappointing but still one of the most interesting scents I've tried.

Edited by odalisque

I smell the nasturtiums. =) It's a flower I don't associate much with perfumes, but, I've had them in my garden for ages.

Beyond the nasturtiums, most of what I am smelling is foliage scents so far. It's very green and fresh, with the slight peppery kick of the nasturtiums.

in vial: sharp, strong, stinky grass

wet: still sharp, a little more floral now, but definately grassy.

dry: This has mellowed and faded some. Smells nicer. The smell of sweet, soft florals and green grass.

I'm surprised I didn't review this when I got it, which was months back, but it's my Grassy Scent, a more feminine Ides of March. The grass is sharp, no lie, and the florals have a retiring quality--they're there, doing their thing, but even the heavy hitters like rose and gardenia are hard to pick out if you don't know they're there. The grass, though, THE GRASS is so note-perfect that it just makes my eyes roll up. It softens in short order and yet even so I can understand this grass being just too pointy for some people. The ivy is also a notable player and a note that I just love every time it shows up, like a friend I haven't seen in awhile.

I like all the Salons I've tried so far but this one is just special. It smells like summer. (Yes, summer, spring smells way muddier and snowier around here.)

Ivy predominantes in this oil for me. I get hints of grass which is very nice! The flowers are a sweet and lovely balance. Reminds me of a richer Blade of Grass if that one was too, well....grassy :)

Yes! This is everything I wanted it to be and more! I was hoping for a sorta Host of Air-ish clovery vibe, but minus the tinge of "Irish Spring" that HOA turned into on my skin, and this is it! Yummy green clover, grass, and ivy with super soft unobtrusive and natural smelling floral notes...this is a warm sunlit path, in the summer at dawn perhaps, when the morning dew is still covering the grass and the leaves of the wildflowers. So evocative of the painting...so anti-stress and just what I was hoping for really! I love this! SO glad I snagged a bottle!!!

:wub2: