Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Em-

Moxie (fizzyBOOM)

Energy, vigor, verve, strength, courage, balls.
Sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, shea oil, coconut milk, ginger essential oil, witch hazel, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Elixir blend.

Yummy spicy orange - much like Moxie oil. Even it its baggie, this bomb totally scents the room.

I should note that Moxie was an oil that I tried, liked the idea of, but was a little overwhelmed by as an oil. But as a bath bomb, for a morning or mid-day bath, where you want a pick-me-up before heading out into the world - this is just perfect.

It is bright, and effervescent and very highly scented. As for the bomb itself, it fizzed quickly and powerfully, and made the water soft, smooth and a refreshing bath all around.

Moxie for everyone!

I hope this bomb was Moxie. It wasn't labeled except for the Black Phoenix logo. It's orange and has a beautiful orange color and smelled like Moxie to me. :P

It turned the water a light orange. It moisturized very well without being overly oily or sticky like some oils in the bath can be. I loved how long the bomb fizzed...

The fragrance is just right, and such a beautiful refreshing citrus. This scent wakes you up and leaves you feeling quite energized. To me this is for a wake up bath, not so much for a relaxing bath.

As I've said about the other bombs, this one left no residue. The bathtub rinsed out nicely with just a few grains left on the floor. No oily residue which was very nice. I hate having to clean and scrub the bathtub right after I've taken a bath, you know?

I love the feeling this bomb evoked, I want another!!

Yay for Moxie!!!

The month of December is a pretty busy month for me, as a retail worker. 2006 in particular was the busiest month I've ever worked. So picture me, a few days before Christmas Eve, having to close after an 8-hour shift, leaving the shop at 10 pm, walking 15 minutes to the nearest Metro station, taking the train, then another 20 minute car ride until I actually arrive at home. It's a good 1.5 hour commute. And my only day off that week is Christmas day.

What to do? Pop in a Moxie bath. Why Moxie? Why not TKO? Why not? I love the oil--it always gives me a boost whenever I wear it. And I love this bath bomb. The fragrance was very true to the oil. It brightened my mood and also helped to put a few thoughts I've been rattling around my head into perspective. Ideally, this is best reserved for a morning type of bath, but I usually take baths at night. It is energizing and I went to bed feeling pretty content. Also, the moisture content was just the right amount. Normally, I don't moisturize every day, so your mileage may vary, but this left my skin feeling soft and slightly toned. No greasy residue at all.

I leave the tub feeling Moxious. A winnar is me! :P (bonus points if you get the KoL reference).

Yay for MOXIOUSNESS!!!

I was feeling totally KOL too and celebrating my geekdom. :D

Again lovely fizzyBOOM. Softening without being oily, extreme fiz, I cut mine in a third and it was just fine, no residue.

The scent is very Moxie and strong, but didn't come off overly strong on the skin. I put it on when I needed to feel moxious for something and it gave me a bit of extra courage (I'll be fine. I can do this. I'm wearing Moxie!) but it turns out that what I was trying to do couldn't really be done that day...or maybe I should have used the whole thing. :P At any rate, it's totally lovely and I hope they're put out every willcall so I can keep buying and try the rest immediately.

Yay!

I love Moxie the oil, but it can kind of take over my world when I do the ole rub-on-the-palms-and-inhale trick. I will smell ginger for days, which may not be the ideal for me once I'm done with the situation where I needed to get my mox on.

But a Moxie bath? What genius! It's like your own intensive, heat-activated temporary Moxie cloud. Breathe deep and feel the energy, motivation and courage building!

This bomb bounced around and fizzed in a happy, Moxie kind of way. The batch mine came from had a bit of turmeric in it for color, but I believe the fizzy-boom imps have dropped that over worries that it could cause tub stains. I have to say I did enjoy the sunny golden color of the water, but I'll enjoy an undyed Moxie bath every bit as much since the bottom line for me is scent - I was surrounded by it!

My skin felt nice, not dry but not slick, I didn't have any tub-scrubbing to do, I had a gentle waft of Moxie-Lite on my skin, and my post-holiday sluggies were lifted.

I have one the uncolored Moxie fizzyBOOMs, but I can easily see why you'd want a yellow or orange scent to go with this one.

Scent: weak to medium. Used a third of the bomb, and that was enough to lightly scent the water but not my skin. Best description would probably be like a powdered orange soft drink. Very nice, could see how this would be invigorating.

Bathing: LOTS o' bubbles. Water was very silky, all in all a luxurious bathing experience.

Effect on skin: I'm so freakin' baby soft and silky now. My skin would adore me if I bathed in one of these bombs every day.

Overall? LOVE :P I may go bankrupt from ordering so many fizzyBOOMS after this, but it's going to be worth it.

I tried one of the original turmeric colored Moxie fizzybooms. These things are huge! They're like the size of a softball--way bigger than any other bomb I've tried.

The bright yellow bathwater sort of made me feel like I was taking a bath in Gatorade, but it didn't stain my tub or anything. :P I think I'd prefer a non-colored one, however.

The scent is pure Moxie and is very invigorating. I like that these bombs soften and moisturize your skin without leaving your skin feeling covered in oil. Well done!

I don't know if I managed to get all of the dud Fizzy BOOMs or if I'm just overly picky about my bath products, but I've been seriously underwhelmed with the experiences. I used two Moxies together in my 1/3 filled up tub in an attempt to get some noticeable fragrance... nada.

Mine had no discernible color to them, seemed to be fragrance free once they hit the water, and didn't seem particularly water softening. They smelled lightly of something like the powdery Orange Tang drink, but nothing once they had dissolved. I just... don't get it. :P

I’ve been pretty disappointed with all of my FizzyBOOMs too. :P Moxie especially had no fragrance in the water and I didn’t find it to be moisturizing at all. After the product quickly dissolves, I can’t even tell that I used anything in the water. I know lots of other companies who use natural, good for the skin components that are moisturizing and smell wonderful. I don’t like fragrances that smell too strong or linger and interfere with my perfume after my bath, but I do like to be able to smell the bath bomb while I’m in the bath…otherwise I don’t see a point in using it at all, especially if it’s not moisturizing. Since the FizzyBOOMs are supposed to have the aromatherapy benefit, it’s weird that they’re so weakly scented. :D

I'm going to preface this with three things:

1) I had one of the turmeric-colored Moxie bombs, and I don't know how much they differ from the normal ones.

2) The bomb's 3-4 months old, if anyone cares.

3) I don't particularly like the scent of Moxie-the-oil. Despite my love for spicy blends, ginger is very much a hit-or-miss oil for me... and Moxie a miss (in part because it was just so strong, I'd smell it for ages).

(And as you might guess, #3 directly relates to #2 -- in fact, it's the reason I waited so long to use it.)

The scent in the bag was more orange-y than ginger-y. It was a little weaker than when I first got it, but still could be sniffed through the baggie. Once it hit the water, it was gone pretty quickly, fizzing up turmeric and scent. I could smell the moxie coming out of the tub and it didn't make me drain the tub and grab something else (like a particularly nasty smelling non-BPAL bomb did a few weeks ago).

As is typical for BPAL's bombs, the water was silky, perfectly scented. There was some residue from the turmeric, but no oil - and nothing's worse than having slick tubs when you're trying to get out of it! My skin's soft and smells lightly orange-y and didn't need lotion. I actually prefer this scent to the oil!

Overall, this is a perfect wake me up bomb - something I'd use on particularly early mornings or after a hard day (or week) when I've got plans to go out. I'm planning on buying one or two to have around for those long days of work (and I can see buying them more often once I'm back to working f/t rather than going to school).

This was my first experience with a bath bomb of any type, and it was fabulous!

In the package: Ginger and Citrus, nice but not over whelming.

In the tub: Whoa baby moisture city! The ginger and citrus note expand and become very invigorating, but not in your face. I was able to enjoy the scents without being over whelmed by them.

When these come back out I will be stocking up.

10/10 on the ferret scale of yummy