Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

Quietude (fizzyBOOM)

Peace, serenity, tranquility, silence.
Sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, shea oil, coconut milk, witch hazel, Bulgarian rose absolute, Australian sandalwood essential oil, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Elixir blend.

Pre-dunking:
A large white balm that had a herbal/floral scent. Smells like lavender and rose with a touch of lemon. It's just like sniffing Quietude oil straight from a 5ml, which is nice. You can't smell the "bomb" part at all.

In the bath:
I should say upfront that I've owned a bottle of Quietude and it didn't do a lot for me. I didn't care for the way it smelled (just not my taste), and I couldn't get it to do much for me as an aromatherapy treatment. So when I hopped into a tub of this, I wasn't expecting to like it much and was hoping the scent wasn't too strong. I was partially gratified. The intensity of the throw on this bomb was good. Strong enough to where there was a good cloud of scent coming up from the water and I could smell it without having tosink too low into the water or take ridiculously deep breaths, but not so strong that it was overwhelming. Still didn't care much for the way it smelled, but boy was the scent effective in what it was aiming to do. Without even really trying to get into the experience, I started to feel my mind blank after a few minutes of soaking. It was more than just the relaxation of body you'd expect with a hot bath, but I very nearly felt sedated. Not drowsy mind you, but so tranquil I almost felt a buzz in the back of my brain as if my cerebrum was being treated to a massage. :P All of the stress from my long day at work just melted off and I felt pleasantly numb.

After that, the smell of Quietude ceased to displease me. :D

Other things to note about the bomb in the bath: since it was a white bomb, the water was nice and clear. No murkiness whatsoever, and the water was soft and silky.

Out of the Bath:
I don't really remember smelling much of Quietude as I got out or after I was dry. But I wasn't feeling too sharp or observant afterward so I may have just missed it. :D My skin was very soft and moisturized. And there was nothing to clean up post bath, no oily residue left or anything so that was very nice. The bath didn't make me tired or sleepy, but just very relaxed. It was very nice. I think Quietude is my favorite bomb so far, and I expect to be buying plenty of these when I get paid next! They seem just the cure needed for a really hard day.

I've had a sick child at home for four days and after $1000 in car repairs last week, my car wouldn't start. Probably any bath would have been enjoyable but I wanted peace and tranquility, at least for the space of a bath. Ohmygod. Lovely scent, fizzy and light but as the tub filled I went from evaluating and thinking about the bath to nearly asleep. And then I was, I woke myself up snoring. It was early afternoon and I wasn't aware I was tired. I had no choice but to completely relax.

I want more.

I really adore Quietude fizzyBOOM!

In the tub, one is immediately calmed with rose and sandalwood with a slight hint of something citrus. It's quite soothing and relaxing; wonderful after a stressful or not so stressful day to balance out one's energies. It does have the fragrance of Quietude in the oil form though softer.

As with the other fizzyBOOMs, Quietude was a hefty size and did its job of moisturizing and lightly scenting the water. And no *ring around the tub! :D

I appreciate the aromatherapy aspects of this wonderful new addition to the BPAL family of fragrant wonders.

Definitely one of my favorite fizzyBOOMs! :P If you have to get just *one* fBOOM, I would recommend this or TKO!

:D

First, I must set the scene for you. My house doesn't have a bathtub at present, which is a HUGE sacrifice for me, as I'm at least half mermaid. So to take a bath rather than a shower, I need to go into town to the lovely Japanese bath at Well Within spa. It is a round deep soaking tub set in a pretty little private outdoor garden, with a small fountain, open to the sky. After a few minutes in the sauna, I stepped out into the soft chilly rain that was falling and immersed myself in the steaming water I had run into the tub. Sinking down, I plopped in my Quietude fizzyBOOM and inhaled its subtle fragrance. Raindrops fell on my upturned face as I let the fizzyBOOM do its thing -- softening the water deliciously, so that it felt silky against my skin. I think in a closed bathroom with a normal sized tub, the scent would be stronger, but even outside and in a double-deep tub, it was noticeable and effective aromatherapy. In a little while the rain stopped and the clouds blew over, revealing patches of blue, and small blossoms fell into the perfumed water from the tree overhead. All my cares were gone, and life was in perfect perspective again.

For 95% of the day, my mind's going at 300 miles an hour, and even in my baths I'm stressing about things, but during my Quietude bath I was calm and relaxed. I even found myself almost going to sleep and curling up in my bath tub- for me, that's almost a coma (I don't sleep well). It was such a pleasant bath.