Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

Zazzle (fizzyBOOM)

Just hopped out of a Zazzle bath! Very nice!

Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and increases blood circulation. The scent is energizing and comforting, and is believed to be a gentle aphrodisiac.

Sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, shea oil, coconut milk, refined extra virgin olive oil, cocoa powder, witch hazel, cocoa absolute. [/i]

Pre-dunking:

The bomb's a light brown, the color of instant hot cocoa mix. Smells like hot cocoa too, mild and sweet. And maybe my nose was just playing with me (as my hot cocoa is usually flavored with a shot of peppermint schnapps or irish cream), but I did detect a hint of mint. Very faint, more of a nuance really.

In the bath:

Zazzle's really fizzy. :P I dropped it in almost as soon as the water started running and it didn't quit until shortly after I turned off the tap. My tub is by no means large, but it felt like it took a little more time than the other bombs I've used recently (Lush & Fantasy Bath). The brown coloring (cocoa powder I'm guessing. It's definitely a powdered color additive) dispersed through the bath giving the water the color of watered down cocoa. Not a deep enough brown to look like the lake of liquid chocolate in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, but enough brown so that the water doesn't look like it was simply dirty. The water itself felt nicely silky. I could feel the shea oil in the water, though not enough to where it felt slick. It was just nice and soft.

The scent of the bath was subtle. Not gooey/chocolaty or overwhelmingly foodie and sweet, but smelling mildly of fine cocoa powder. The throw wasn't too powerful in the bath, but my tub is shallow so my head is usually a good 12-16 inches above the water. It's about the same level of throw I get from a Lush bomb.

Out of the Bath:

The water drained pretty cleanly without leaving any oily residue or color stains in the tub. There were a few remnants of cocoa powder on the tub floor, but they were easily flushed out with a few splashes of clean water. I noticed my bathroom smelled more of cocoa that I expected it to as I was getting dressed. My whole bathroom smells the same way it did when I was in the tub: a light fine cocoa scent. I can smell it a bit in my hair and wafting off my hands now too as I type. My skin feel lightly moisturized. Soft, but not at all greasy. It might not be enough to keep people with really dry skin from having to use lotion daily, but enough to keep them from feeling dry and itchy post bath which is something I consider to be a must from any bath product.

This was really nice! Not my favorite of the BPTP bombs I've tried so far, but I'd consider repurchasing.

I'm hoping my bomb is a Zazzle, it didn't have a label other than "Chocolate".

I normally am not a fan of chocolate scents, but this is DELISH!!!

It completely reminds me of hot cocoa mix, the color, the scent, the mood.

I love it!!

The bath water turned light brown and the fizzyness was very nice. I used the whole bomb, I know some people like to cut theirs in half, but I prefer a full on decadent bath with extreme scent and luxury.

The scent was perfect, not overwhelming or underwhelming.

The water was very moisturizing and not oily or sticky at all.

I felt lightly scented after I rinsed off and left the bath.

There was only a little residue left in the bath, little sandy bits but not an oil residue that some bombs leave behind. That was super nice because I hate scrubbing the tub after a bath.

I give the bombs a thumbs up for sure!!

Regretfully, because I wanted it all for myself, my kids ADORE this.

In desperation to get them through a bath (an occassionally contentious affair) I made it all better with a bit of fizzyBOOM. They loved it. It smelled deliciously of a very nice hot chocolate, is very very VERY fizzy, and you could actually find a small chip of the shea butter in mine (I could see it floating around the immediate area before dispersal too -- it's very nice and soft...my hands were lovely).

The smell is so dead on that they begged for hot chocolate in the bath. Yeah, I'm a big pushover, but I certainly wouldn't have minded a nice bath with a cup of hot chocolate, would you?

I didn't detect any residue, but then we use a lot of soap and water and have two kids really moving around. Stir!

I did notice that after opening it in the bath, the scent was less a week later when I used it again, but it was a broken BOOM gift (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Beth!!!) and was opened in a steamy room and dispersed from the bag over the tub. I imagine it got a little damp. For yourselves you might want to divide it (if you're going to) elsewhere and put it in a more airtight baggie.

Yay fizzyBOOMS!!!!

This was a cocoa powdery lotiony bath, super creamy. It wasn't like being dipped in chocolate, it wasn't super strong smelling to me, which I liked but it was noticable and the bomb fizzed up a storm. I'll slather Bliss, but I really enjoyed the softness of the Zazzle smell. My skin felt great and for hours after I smelled, gently, of cocoa. It was awesome.

Yum! Zazzle's wonderful. :P Extremely fizzy, so fun to *watch* - and a lovely gentle cocoa scent. :D

Visual: As it disperses, you see chips of shea butter and cocoa absolute in it; the ball, mid-fizz, resembles a chocolate-chip cookie with dark chocolate and white chocolate chips. But, y'know, spherical. It tints the water light brown, and has a *froth* to it at the beginning. This is very like being in a mug of hot cocoa! I was almost tempted to throw in some mini-marshmallows. :D

Tactle: Very smooth, very silky; my skin feels very soft right now. :)

soooper fizzy and lovely cocoa scent is divine!!

will totally buy more esp for my friends and fam....yum :P

I wish that I understood the hype with these things. I’ve gone through a few of them now and just haven’t been very impressed. I can barely even smell Zazzle in the baggie, and it has no scent whatsoever once it is in the water. You definitely have to use the entire bomb and not fill the bath tub up very much. With Zazzle, at least it is more moisturizing than the other fizzy booms. It turned the water a murky brown shade like a weak cup of hot chocolate. Slightly moisturizing. No scent.

All of the early glowing reviews for these prompted me to purchase several bombs, and now I’m wishing I hadn’t wasted my money on them. I like my bath bombs to be highly scented (or even moderately scented would be acceptable) and moisturizing, and the Fizzy BOOMS just aren’t delivering.

I love chocolate & cocoa & foodie scents. I was expecting this to be amazing with the cocoa absolute in it (Boomslang = perfection) but it falls dead flat. I could barely smell Zazzle at all in the baggie or even when I took it out and pressed my nose right up against the bomb. I wouldn’t even be so disappointed if these were lightly scented, but mine have been more on the verge of not scented at all. TKO is the only one that has seemed fragranced so far, and even that turned to a light, herbal baby powder once it hit the water.

I filled the tub up with about three inches of water, no joke, and threw in Zazzle. I was sort of splashing around in a puddle of water and it had no fragrance whatsoever, so I just filled the tub up the rest of the way in defeat. My skin didn’t feel soft or moisturized after I got out of the bath and I needed my usual ton of lotion for my dry winter skin. The only thing Zazzle did was turn my water brown.

I’ll use up the few bombs I have left, just because I don’t want to give them away and they’d be too expensive to ship to someone else, but I think I’ll pass on BPAL bath products from now on. I’m normally pretty easy to please with bath products, and I’m kind of stunned at how disappointing the Fizzy BOOMS have been for me. And I feel almost guilty posting ‘bad’ reviews, but the honesty is important to me... I wouldn’t recommend these.

This is like bathing in a chocolate egg cream.

In other words, awesome ... :P

I am SO glad I have five on order and I suspect that austerity budget be damned I'll be ordering even more to have some stash.

(And probably buying bars of Bliss and Shub soap while I'm at it).

I love Zazzle!! :D The smell is so beautifully cocoa, better than Bliss I think because Bliss is too much milk chocolate, at least for me, while Zazzle is just pure cocoa. And it was extremely moisturizing, I felt a lot of oil in the bath - but then as an eczema sufferer I crave oil in the wintertime - and it was soothing and wonderful. I wasn't too fond of the brown color of the water, but it helps to think of hot chocolate! :P

This isquite like taking a bath in hot cocoa - it has a lovely rich cocoa scent - rich, but not overwhelmingly strong. The bomb gets a nice good fizz going to the point of a few actual bubbles in the bath for a little bit there, and the water is nice a soft. It is cocoa colored, to be sure. There seems to be a wee hint of something else as well - cirtus, mint - maybe it's the citric acid and the witch hazel - but it deepens this into something other than just pure chocolate. A surprise hit for me.

If Zazzle Booms are ever available again I'll buy enough to fill a dry bathtub (that many in action in water would be quite a sight too). :P I liked it. I liked it a lot. This is the first boom I have tried and after waiting a long time for this scent happily it lived up to my hopes. While the lab's chocolate perfumes don't seem to do anything for me despite many attempts, this one was different perhaps because it is not on me the same way perfumes are so not body interaction to skew the scent. It is also because Zazzle was an experience more than a scent for me.

First in the bag it was dreamy. I'm not much for describing scents and can't even recall what it was like other than good, really really good. While it arrived in ball form the boom was slightly soft and I had the pleasure of squishing it to powder again in the bag (kinda like stirring ice cream into soup undoing all the work someone went to to get it into the solid form). I'd buy booms as powder too but the mushing is fun and not just for the side benefit of making it easy to use in partial amounts. When the bag was eventually opened there was powder in the air that went in my nose just like when hot cocoa packets are opened and perhaps because of that similarity it smelled like hot chocolate mix.

I began with a low amount of water in the tub and poured in half the bag of powder to see what the scent is like as it dilutes. I couldn't find much scent once the powder was wet but I should add my nose misses a lot and the bathroom fan is always on when the light switch is thrown so I imagine some of the scent was being stolen up to the roof. The water bubbled impressively as the powder spread out. It wasn't like soda carbonation under the water but dry powder covered bubbles all over the surface instead, like when mixing the dry and wet ingredients for chocolate cake or brownies. Again, it was more a suggestion of chocolate by association than a scent at this point.

More water was added to see the powder dissolve and the water went from watery hot cocoa to just brown water. If I didn't have the positive memories of tubbing in rusty water at a summer home over the years the water color might have been off putting since brownish water is not usually associated with being clean or relaxing. Bathtubs mean play for me so I sloshed the water around and had fun noticing the color vary as the depth in different areas changed. I decided to use the other half of the bag but wasn't going to make it go fast. I put a handful of water into the plastic bag and held the top closed as the gas quickly inflated it. The Zazzle label was pulled apart as the bag wrinkles were expanding. I held the whole bag underwater and eventually the gas stretched the bag so thin in spots that it began leaking gas bubbles into the water. This was fun.

I added more water to the bag of Zazzle powder and shook it up after letting the new gas escape. Now the bag had moist Zazzle mud. Reaching in to pull the blob out I played with it in my hands and I had what looked and smelled like chocolate mousse! The bubbling gas fluffed up the damp powder to the exact consistency of mousse. This was a very cool surprise. Pretty soon I dropped my Zazzle paste hands into the water to finish fizzing. The rest of the bath was uneventful after washing out the inside of the bag to get every last drop of Zazzle goodness, fishing the dissolving paper label out from the tub in pieces, and relaxing once I realized there wouldn't be a brown ring around the tub's highest water level to have to clean up when the bath ended. Only after reading other reviews did I go back to the tub today, the day after, and see that yes indeed there is a draining water shaped line of cocoa powder that needs to be swished out of the tub or easily swiped up with a moist tissue.

Zazzle was a tub toy for me, and I need more toys like that.