Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

TIGER LILY

From Mad Tea Party

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

Wow. This is my perfect floral. From the bottle it smells like sweet lilies. I wouldn't say that the honey is very pronouced. It is there, but it is in the backgroud.

Wet: Lilies. Sweet beautiful perfect lilies. My chemistry isn't messing this one up at all.

Dry down: Keep in mind that my skin eats fragrance a lot of the time, but after about three hours, I would probably want to put it on again. It does get a little sweeter over time, but the honey still isn't right in front. I wouldn't call it "feisty" on me, but it is beautiful.

Love this. I got it as a freebie today, and I had ordered a big bottle of it two days before. I am so glad that I did.

:P

Edited by Shollin

Very reminiscent of wandering aimlessly through a field of sun-kissed lilies in the afternoon. Soft and warm, beautifully floral with just a perfect hint of honey. I could truly get lost in this scent for hours on end.

I was -so- very excited when I heard this scent was coming out .. anything 'tiger' instantly grabs my feline attention span. And so I'm happy to have finally gotten an imp of this one, and it was the first of my recent order that I wore.

In the bottle: This is tiger lilies. Which are my favorite lilies, of course. I remember having them at the house I grew up in, and filling the house with them whenever I could. This is that smell.

Wet: For a moment, this gets a lilac-y smell to it, Might be an association thing .. but I could swear I can smell lilacs and honeysuckle in this at first, before the blend settles down again. Not that that's a bad thing .. not at all!

Wearing: Once again, this is the scent that I used to fill the house with. This is a proud and haughty lily unfurling her stripes, filling the room with a heady aroma. I simply adore this scent, and I'm infinitely enamored of it, and of Beth for creating it.

ETA: It might be my poor overworked nose, but this seemed to die out on me to a very soft version of itself after about 5 hours. Pretty good lasting power, just the same. Definitely a keeper .. probably a 5ml of this in store for my growing collection.

Edited by TygherRayn

FIRST SNIFF: lilies and a drop of honey

WEARING IT: lilies and....funeral parlours. this is exactly what funeral homes smell like in my opinion, i've been in enough in the last five years to know. it is a true lily smell, very light - very pretty...but i can't get past the memories of funerals...

VERDICT: if the honey were more pronounced once it was on i think i'd like it better, but the lily smell alone isn't enough for me to get a bigger bottle.

First Impression: O how I love that honey scent so! :P

Second Impression: A field of full blooming lillies, leaning towards the sun, sprinkled with honeydust.

Final Analysis: I've got Alice and Honey on the way then I'll have all of Beth's glorious honey perfumes. I love them all and this one is right there at the top of the list. Exquisitely beautiful.

Initially I can smell a very pure lilly scent straight away, very floral with a soft bite to it.

As it dries down a little, the honey comes through very gently and it's a sexy bronzed honey dripping over the lillies.

This is gorgeous, exquisite and for a honey lover, has to be tried. Can't wait for a big bottle to get here now :P

This is absolutely beautiful but for some reason, I can't smell it on me!! :D With most other scents, if I'm sitting still just minding my own business, I can smell them pretty well. I cannot smell this one at all unless I press my nose against my wrist. It's WAY too light on me.

My skin appears to eat it, which stinks because I love the scent! :P

Oh, YUM. This is heavenly. Creamy honeyed lillies. This is so smooth and clean smelling, not in a soapy way, but in a lovely, fresh, warm, delectable way. It reminds me a bit of Lush's Alkmaar without the jasmine. I can't get over how wonderfully creamy the honey and lillies blend together. A gorgeous, gorgeous subtle floral fragrance. I want a big bottle of this one.

at first: elizabeth included this as an extra, and it sounds wonderful. it only smells of lilies, but like lilies that have been sitting in the hot sun all day.

on: this is just lovely. i'm not a fan of all floral scents, but i evidently love lilies. this is soft, but not timid. i think this is going to become a favorite.

1.5 hours later: i'm falling even more madly in love with this one. it's a tiny bit sweet now, but that is more in the background. this is all lilies. wonderful!

4 hours later: obviously, this has faded a tad, but not much. the lilies are fabulous on me, and there's just a touch of sweetness.

overall: once again, beth shows that she knows me better than i know myself. i had no idea i would love the scent of lilies as much as i do. i'll have to keep my eye out for blends with lily. without a doubt, i'll be finishing up my imp and will probably buy a 5ml.

Some florals tend to turn sharp and loud on me, so i was a bit worried before I put this on... No need to be. The lily stays very true on my skin, the drop of honey is in the background, making this a bit sweeter. It's a very light gentle and sunny scent.

Oh, the loveliest! It's all warm, honeyed orange and deep emerald green, like a splatter of lillies against the backdrop of the forest. It's the smell of something young and innocent hiding in the honeysuckle, the smell of hide and seek for wild things, of the dappled, sunny space where the forest opens up to a clearing.

This oil is one of the few i've known that smells the same to me in the bottle, on my body, and after a bit of time. It is warm and clear and clean, but not at all crisp. It reminds me of my grandmother, bees buzzing lazily in the sun, making tents of old sheets, glasses of sweet iced tea and taking naps in piles of leaves. Very carefree, very sweet, very simple. And very, very beautiful.

From the bottle it is a very warm scent, honey and light touch of lilies. Yum. The honey is very prevalent in it too, which I have learned recently is a very favorite scent of mine. Strange how you never pay attention to these things before you started slathering oils on yourself, isn't it;)

On me, the honey is definately there, but it is much sweeter than it was in the bottle. Plus there is a different kind of floral here as well, like a rose aftersmell. That's wierd. But this is what I've come to expect from my body chemistry. Wierd. The lilies are still there but more in the background. The warm glow of a smell has gone and instead there is a a crisper scent that lingers in my nostrils.

Even with the changes though, its simply beautiful. Another feminine floral that I'm surprised that I like, which is a little similar to Ophelia on me.

On, I thought I was smelling Queen of Hearts. That was just the lilies speaking. However, I've learned to differentiate the two. While Queen of Hearts is more of a graceful, starched black suit, this is the prim, well-behaved daughter in a proper, white floating dress. The honey sweetens the lilies, making it not so grown-up. Still pondering this one.

Between Tigerlily and Kostnice, my terrible hatred for lilies has been completely overcome. I’m terribly allergic to the actual flowers, and that made me rather hate the smell by association. However, Tigerlily is so nice and light, that it makes me feel bad about avoiding scents with lily in them for so long. In the bottle and on my skin it’s the same, slightly sweet floral that lasts quite a long time. I don’t know if I like it enough for a larger bottle, but I’ll use up my imp and decide from there.

Tiger Lily

I tend to find Lily very overpowering but I was hopeful that the honey would cut through the headiness. Sadly it was not to be, Tiger Lily is far too strong.

In bottle: I've never smelled a lily as a single note but since I can't detect any honey I assume this is what they smell like?

On me: Wow. fades very quickly. I can smell the honey a bit stronger, mingling with the lily smell. It's a very peaceful scent, making me think of wildflowers and hiking trips in the spring.

On me this is at first quite soapy, but that only lasts a couple of minutes. Then it is strongly lilies. Warm lilies. My skin seems to want to eat this one too. Because an hour later, it's still there but very faint. Which can be a very good thing. Something for me to wear to work and not feel like I'm overpowering everybody with my fabulous fragrance.

It's really warm and soft and beautiful.

Sweet, sweet, sweet, this is. Warm and sweet, like a bite of perfumed honey on toast, where the heat from the toast has mingled all the flavors of flowers and butter and bread, and each bite leaves a sticky smear on your face.

In the bottle it's almost dizzying, pure lilies without the 'cool, dry' note I usually associate with lilies. This is warm and rich, and regal. Golden light filtering through pale petals and every conceiveable surface dusted with that heavy golden pollen.

On my skin the honey notes fade slightly and the lilies soften, but it's gentle and almost (not quite) powdery. Not a baby-powder sort of scent but the *feeling* of powder on your skin, cool and smooth and dry and utterly comfortable. It smells to me like a little girl on Easter morning, all prim and proper in her stiff Easter frock, trying so hard to hide her big grin and pretend that she *always* looks this nice.

It's a wonderful scent, one that evokes innocence without making it seem mawkish. It's elegant and clean and soft. I am glad I got the big bottle.

this was seriously gone on me in no more than five minutes, so i didn't have much of a chance to be acquainted with it. i should keep in mind that yesterday my skin ate up pretty much anything i put on it, but it fades so quickly, either way.

i had high hopes for this one because the tiger lily is my favorite flower. it's basically what everyone else said it was; warm and innocent. it's a very happy scent. this is the ONE floral that has actually worked for me; it's so simple and 'pure' that it can't be mottled by anything else and it doesn't turn into an air freshener scent on me. this is absolutely beautiful and i love it, but i'm passing it on to someone else who wants to try it. :P maybe i'll get another chance to try it somewhere along the line.

I got this one from an imp swap with Tesseljoan and it was so worth the swap.

Creamy, lush lillies with honey and just a hint of musk. It's a sunny, happy little smell and has a lot of staying power. In general, I think I love the Lilly scents that BPAL puts out as Star Gazer Lily single note is by far my favorite scent by far.

I highly recommend this one.

Warm honey and sweet lillies, a very warm and creamy golden blend. Sadly this doesn't work very well on me as it lasted all of about four minutes on my skin. A pity as this was truely a gorgeous, warm golden floral scent, gentle, sunny and bright. If it had lasted, a definite keeper. It's off to the swaps for this one.

Tiger Lily

In the vial, this a sweet floral - very strong lilles.

After it dries the lillies soften and the scent warms with the honey notes. This is a very bright yellow-orange happy fragrance. It reminds me of sunny days and a big field of Tiger Lillies waving in the wind. This would be a perfect spring or early summer scent. I may order a big bottle when I'm in need of some sunshine during the winter.

Tiger Lilly

This is a scent of pure lillyness...

Wet, it's all lillies with a hint of honey in the background. It's gorgeous. Like lillies in a feld on a hot summer day. Simply Beautiful.

Dry, Thankfully it doen't change much at all on me once it's dry. It's heavy and sunshiney. The lillies are prodomenat, but the honey and a slight spicyness shine through to make this absolutely girly and glorious. It is a very happy scent.

I will covet this bottle, much like I covent alot of the other bottles.

JUST LOVELY. Sweet lilies (which, as it turns out, I love the fragrance of -- it just seems to sing on my skin!) that slowly turn to a warm, slightly floral honey (somewhat reminicient of Alice, but without the powdery, milky element). It has the warmness of O, but it's flowery instead of foody.

Beautiful. I will wear this OFTEN.

:P

Edited by summer