Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

The lab's description of this is dead-on--honeyed lilies it is! It's so pretty. I have other BPAL honeys I prefer, but this is still really nice.

Given my skin's newfound love for all things lily, I was totally psyched to try this. Lilies and honey sounded beyond delicious.

In the Imp: Yum! Honeyed lilies! It's a little sharp-smelling, but most of my favorites smell a little sharp all concentrated in the imp.

Wet: Hello, lilies! I'm not getting any honey, none at all. Just creamy, slightly green-smelling lilies. Boyfriend sniffs it and declares it simply, "nice".

Dry: After about an hour or so, there is a very gentle honey note that comes through, and the green smell gives way a bit to a warm sweetness. It's quite pleasant, but not dazzling. Boyfriend tells me he likes it, but not nearly so much as he likes Languor. :P

This is a very lovely, simple scent. Nothing flashy or mysterious about it. I could see this one being appropriate for a young girl or teenager, or for me when I just want to leave just a little scent impression in my wake without too much bombast. It's an everyday kind of scent.

This smells just like the lab's description: honeyed lilies. It's gorgeous!

I'm not usually a floral lover, but I may need a bottle. :P

Lilies! The initial scent is a true, lovely wave of lily that leaves me immediately smiling. There's a tiny hint of greenness to it, like traces of a picked lily's cut stem in addition to the lily itself. Gorgeous.

This isn't a complex scent, but it doesn't seem artificial and it does seem stable. Instead of seeming like a perfume or an artificial scent, it imparts the idea that a real bouquet of lilies was here just a moment ago. It's the same convincing glory of scent that makes Zombi so wonderful. It has a medium throw -- too much would be unconvincing, yet too little would be disappointing. This is an excellent balance.

The realism fades slightly as a gloss of glimmering honey fades into being, but it's neither an overwhelming honey nor a suddenly artificial flower -- just the slightest edge of a golden sheen across those white petals.

I readily recommend this to lily fans, as it's quite stunning in its simple, straightforward beauty.

In the bottle: warm, sweet, goldeny floral.

Wet/Drydown: Ok, a lot of other people have said that this is a light scent - NOT SO MUCH. Rather, it's chokingly heavy. Seriously. It fumigated every room I walked through, and I only put one little swipe on one wrist. That said, the scent itself is very sweet and warm, definitely a "golden" feel. However, it smells a bit like a generic heavy floral perfume on me. As it dries, it does get lighter, but it's still much too heavy and sweet for me.

Dry: This ends up lightening up quite a bit and becoming a lovely, sweet, golden-honey floral, but it just takes too long to be light enough for me. I like the scent, but it doesn't really speak to me. That combined with the fact that I'll likely suffocate anyone in a 12 mile radius when I wear this puts it in the swap pile.

Bottle: a sort of abstract warm floral..

Wet: that and a hint of sweet, and pollen. the smell of whuffing the flower too close to your nose.

Dry: honey sweet, pollen, floral..but still sort of nondescript on me. I think I've bori-fied this.

Later: honey and pollen. not so much with the floral itself..damn odd. (but Emma is groovin' on it! she has run off with my partial imp.)

at first i thought the honey was too strong, but now that the oil is dry it's just a soft, warm honey-floral. i think this will be good as a comforting, everyday scent!

Very little scent in the imp.

Wet: A warm "perfume" smell with just an edge of honey.

Dry: Natural smelling lilies with a layer of honey.

Finish: Warm honey.

Oh, this is warm and delicious and heavy in the bottle. I love it. It is such a delightful floral. Even though it is the middle of winter here, It makes me feel so warm. It is like the sun in a bottle. Very much lilies here, with just a hint of honey.

Putting it on, it starts out as such a soft floral scent. It really is heavenly. It is fiesty but at the same time so relaxing and heady. I think the honey is downplayed and I am really mainly getting the lilies, I cant complain however because it is wonderful.

I agree that this scent is pretty strong. Its not chokingly strong on me, but it has good throw. Unlike some lighter scents that I have to fight with to get them to do anything.

After awhile on my skin the honey really comes out with this and mixes with the fresh smell of the lilies. This is such a warm and inviting scent, I really enjoy it.

Edited by ForeverSweet

In the bottle: A very gentle honeyed floral.

Wet: Honey, lovely honey, hmm! Lily starts coming through, though, a bit waxy.

Drydown: Lily that varies from powdery to creamy, with hints of honey still hanging around. This reminds me of a lily-of-the-valley candle I used to have. It becomes very gentle and a bit plasticky after a while, like lily often does.

Overall: Wow, I didn't expect to like this at all, I don't like lily in blends, but apparently I like it fine straight up. This is a soft, discreet lily blend, with a good dose of sensual honey in it and very pretty florals. I think I may even wear it, it's so soothing.

Imp time! It's lovely and honeyed and gently floral in the imp. If you pushed me to name the floral I might say lily.

Wet on skin, it's definitely lily, sharp edge tempered by the presence of honey.

Once dry, normally I'm ok with lily, but the honey's all but disappeared, and left me with some mighty powerful lily. I guess my skin like it. I really liked the wet stage, and how it was in the imp ... maybe I'll try this again before I leave it be ...

ETA:

Later on in the day, the honey starts making an appearance again. It's 10 hours later and there's still a trace of honey on my skin, but it's not something I can smell unless I glue my nose to my wrist...

Edited by Girl Android

I wasn't sure I'd like lilies, since strong florals usually tend to disagree with me...but I really like this. The lilies are very fresh and green at first, almost fruity, with more of a polleny, airy feel as they dry. As a whole the scent is very sweet. And of course, I'm a sucker for honey, so that makes the scent ten times better for me. :P The honey lasts for aaaages on me, even after the lily fades.

It's a pretty good GC duplicate for Et Lux Fuit, on me anyway...would be just about a perfect match with a little bit of vanilla (Tiger Lily + Antique Lace = Et Lux Fuit?).

:P This smells extremely perfumey to me. Like that drugstore perfume that smells practically fizzy. Not gentle or soft at all. I wonder if maybe the oil in this imp has gone funky, because I tried this many months ago and thought it was pretty and smelled just like honey and lilies. It sure doesn't smell like that now. Damn, I wonder if I've run into my first instance of not using an imp up before it went "off." It's kind of a sour powdery smell. Maybe the imp cap wasn't on very tight.

I think I'll try sending the imp to one of my friends with expert noses and see if she thinks this smells right. Wow, this is terribly disappointing. All my other oils have been holding up wonderfully -- many of them smell much better aged than they did fresh. :D

Oh, wait... wait. I just rolled the oil around in the imp for a little while and tried again. Much better this time. This is what I remember it smelling like: pretty lilies, nice and soft, and not too much honey. That's odd. I think that imp's been sitting there for so long maybe the oil just needed to be blended up a little bit.

Starts out warm lilies and as it dries the honey comes out and the lilies fade a bit. It does go through a little of the typical perfumey stage, but overall it's pretty nice. It just doesn't last long on me.

Very strong, very sweet, honey-dripping lilies. Almost cloying in the early stages, but it moderates a bit as it dries.

This is great if you're in the mood for a real thick, sweet honey scent. As others have said, it's not complex, but it's good.

Lilies. Soapy lilies through and through.

I did not detect any honey in this whatsoever, and while I love the Lab's lily note, this bottle ended up being dumped into a body lotion because the scent on my skin as a perfume was far too faint for my liking.

I know why this is supposed to be honeyed lilies, and it is delightful. There is something in it that reminds me slightly of orange blossom, but ideally this is not as sweet as I’d like it. We’ll see how it smells in a while and whether it will have calmed down at all. So far, dry floral with the faintest touch of amber and honey. Brief surge of amber towards end and total drydown to a soapy, powdery finish. Not a keeper for me as it smells far too similar on drydown to a lot of things I have.

Edited by mspixieears

The lab description prettymuch tells it like it is; unfortunately, I don't know why I keep trying lily perfumes, but it's a note that just doesn't jive with me. For the record, I get more lily than honey, but it is a bold, warm lily (! I swear, not an oxymoron). Lily also hates me. So out it goes.

So often I've opened my imp box, breathed deeply, and thought "I wish this could be put in a bottle."

Well, Tiger Lily smells exactly like my imp box! It's beautiful and sweet but not too heavy (BPAL honey loves me, and I reciprocate). It dries down to an almost commercial-smelling perfumey scent for a little while, then moves on to a soft sweet, well, honeyed lily. At the end, just the honey remains.

I really love this, and I'm so glad I took a chance on a bottle.

My imp box...sigh :P

In the imp: honey and lilies. :P

On Skin: the lilies soften a bit, but they are sweet and have a fresh, green cut edge that prevents this from being too sweet. It's very strong though.

Drydown: Still gorgeous lilies.

Verdict: This is such a simple, girly and clean scent. I definitely see this as a springtime scent and something very appropriate for either young girls or teenage girls. There is a quality of light, airy and innocent in this scent that I utterly adore. I already knew I loved lilies and that my skin loved lilies, but this is really lovely. This is a pretty and cheery scent and at the moment, I can't stop saying good enough things about it! :luv:

Wow, this is probably the first lily scent I've tried that hasn't given me a headache. It's exactly what the description says -- golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies. On me, the "honeyed" part comes out a little bit more as Tiger Lily dries, which is a-okay with me. Very pretty!

I'm not really a floral person most of the time, but I think this is one I'd reach for if the mood struck.

I thought this was a Rappaccini's Garden blend. :D clearly I need to read Alice again soon. I am wary of the honey... but I will give it a go:

Imp: Lily I guess. It's a pretty floral note.

Wet: Mmmm. Soft sweet lilies. Extremely pretty. Now I get some honey too... and it seems to be working on me!

Dry: Wow I am stunned. This is so pretty. And the honey is working on me, I can't believe it. Like all florals I feel like this could be a luxury soap scent, but that doesn't matter to me. It's not "soapy" in the bad way.

:P thank you labbies.

bottle: Gorgeous lilies with sweet hints of honey. Smells divine. I think I'm in love, here. Oh, sweet sweet lilies here I come!

wet: Baby powder? Ah, flashes of lilies jump up on occasion.

drydown: Soft, sweet and powdery. Gently feminine, but having a rough time getting past the powdery part.

dry: Definitely fully baby powder at this point.

verdict: I really love how it smells in the bottle, but apparently it just isn't for me. :P