Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

Tiger Lily has confirmed what Seraphim and Queen of Hearts made me suspect: lilies go absolutely wonky on my skin. I did get a light golden glaze of honey sweetness from this fragrance, but mostly I got the lilies, which just like in those other two perfumes turned into a weird, unpleasant weedy beach scent on me.

At least now I'm sure of the source of that effect, so I'll know to avoid it from now on.

Edited by Joie de Combat

Joie de Combat's loss is my gain, I suppose!

Tiger Lily is an armful of rich, vibrant lillies covered in honey. It's a very, very cheerful and fiesty scent -- all BRIGHT, GLOWING GOLDEN YELLOW and warm, dripping honey. Yummy.

A lovely bouquet of lilies with just a hint of honey. So far I haven't had much luck with honey -- honeysuckle is fine, but honey itself just doesn't show up much on my skin. The lilies are beautiful, however, and even just the hint of honey that I can pick out is enough to make this imp a keeper. I just don't know if I'll get a bottle since I've found several other floral scents I like as much, if not better.

Fresh on, Tiger Lily dumps an armload of green lilies on my wrist that's accompanied by a burst of sharp, astringent honey. Almost immediately, the honey mellows out into... well, it's not drippy/foody like Osun's honey, pollen brown like Al-Araaf's honey, or shimmery sweet like O's honey. Rather, Tiger Lily is warm, plain, non-descript honey politely sharing the stage with the lilies all the way through.

I'd like it better if there were less lilies and more honey, actually, and I was disappointed that its personality didn't shine through. Still, don't get me wrong -- it's a very nice blend. I'm happy to have my imp around.

I do, indeed, get lilies. Lots of lilies, very little honey. I like lily, but something in this blend is making it go soapy on me, like the bars in a better quality of hotel, but still soap. It's also terribly fleeting; 15 minutes after it hit my skin, it was gone.

Ah, well. Off to a better home it goes.

Generally, lily scents like me, and honey seems to be perfect for my skin. Unfortunately, Tiger Lily smell like honey when wet and then dries down to a sort of weird soapy/spicy floral. It's not an awful smell, but it's not something I'd strive to smell like either. Ah well, some of the blends have got to not like me of I'd be bankrupt in no time!

Tiger Lily

In the bottle: Spicy lily

On me: This is a wonderfully changing scent! At first it is lily, but not the Easter lily that I don't like. A creamy lighter version. Then I begin to get a honey/slightly citrus blend. It all comes together for another floral that I actually like! Amazing!

In the vial: Honeyed lilies.

On me: Yep - honeyed lilies. The lily softens a bit after application. It is a really nice scent.

Verdict: Not sure if I'll wear this often, but it's very pretty. Keeper!

Rating: 3/5

This smells a bit like spiced and honeyed peaches to me. It smells interesting but I can't decide if I like it or not. Hmmm...

Tiger Lily - Oh, I like this! This may be bottle-worthy. It is softly sweet, floral, feminine, and really pretty. The description is basically “honey lilies” and it’s just stunning. I can’t usually wear scents with honey in them, but I don’t smell the honey in this at all because it’s blended in so well with the lily. It’s a truly fabulous blend. It’s very much a spring time scent. When first applied, it has way too much throw, but it fades during dry-down, and after about 15 minutes, the scent begins to stick very close to my skin. The lasting power is moderate. This will be worn again and again.

Tiger Lily is a beautiful, light floral. The sweetness is barely there, and the flowery element isn't pounding you over the head. Excellent for the summer heat. I really don't get the soapy quality mentioned in other posts. Just light flowers with a twinge of green and sweetness.

I'm quite fickle with florals, so I don't know if I would get a bottle of Tiger Lily in the future, but for now, I will keep my imp. The florals I am normally attracted to are the lighter blends, so this one is definitely worth considering.

-doreen

I think the "skin" note the Lab uses is honey because:

A) I smell it in Tiger Lily

B) most "skin" scents and all honey scents fade the second they touch my skin

Tiger Lily smells more like lilies on me, but I like Chuparosa and Water of Notre Dame better. It isn't fading as badly as most honey scents, but it has no throw.

Edited by Sofia Blackthorne

in the imp: Just what it says. Lilies and honey. This is the first BPAL honey blend I've tried and it's delicious! Wearing it makes me hungry and the honey keeps the lilies from getting heady and perfumey like they sometimes do.

on my skin: Yummmmm. Like a few people have said, a very golden-yellow summery blend. This just screams late-summer/early fall to me. It's also (and this is completely a good thing!) a very everyday scent. I wouldn't feel too dressed-up wearing this to class like I do with a lot of scents. For some reason it smells to me like a casual version of Et Lux Fuit. I don't think they share any notes, but they're both very golden scents. ELF is more majestic, like a gorgeous sunset, and Tiger Lily is more like a summer afternoon.

on my skin, dry: It doesn't morph much until, after a few hours, the lily gradually disappears and just the honey is left.

rating: 5/5

Ooh lordy! I overdid it with this one. After a few days of trying imps that were fleeting/had no staying power, I applied this one pretty heavily this morning. My assumption that it would be light was way off!

No problem though, since this scent is quite pleasant. I was expecting the really heady, funereal lilies that are usually too overpoweringly floral to me, but I am pleasantly suprised that this is not the case. This is dripping, warmed honey, so golden and sticky and sweet that I'm craving tea like crazy. I can almost taste the lick of the spoon in the back of my throat. I generally don't go for foody scents, but I wouldn't quite call this foody. Just warm and delicious.

I'll have to see how it goes after a day of wear, but for right now: mmmmm...

Very floral and pretty in the bottle but once it hit my skin it turned into pure soap. I thought I smelled gardenia but I was way off, lol. It's OK...I'll definitely keep the imp :P

I was really looking forward to this one as I love lilies. And it didn't disappoint me at all. I love this scent! It smells exactly as I imagined it would reading the reviews. It reminds me of a warm day in a field of lilies. I might have to get a bottle of this.

Oh yes, this is a beautiful mixture of flowers and sweet honey. The description is 100% apt. I love this scent because it is so warm and comforting. I purchased a 10 mL after a few wears from my imp! Love, LOVE!

In the Imp: Flowers! Nothing but flowers. I'm not very good at picking apart floral notes, so all I get is flowers, no honey.

Initial Wet: Very floral and I swear there's lemon or lime in it. It reminds me a lot of Whitechapel.

Initial Dry: The floral fades and the citron becomes very pronounced. It makes me wonder if I got the right labeling. Then it fades and the floral comes back accompanied by a sour note that may be the honey (which is often hit or miss on me).

Drier Dry: Ah, it's now a soft, warm, honey scent with just a hint of floral.

This is one of the few scents that I've encountered that has no throw on me what so ever. I love honey scents, but I'm sad that I have to do the nose-to-wrist motion whenever I want to smell it. Then it fades to nothingness within a few hours.

Edited by Shollin

Tiger Lily-

In Bottle: A very lovely honey-floral scent.

Wet: The honey isn't evident; the floral completely overwhelms it. But it holds lots of promise; let's see how the dry-down goes!

Dry: I don't think the honey ever returned, which is too bad. But this dries to a perfectly lovely floral, not too hot or ozone-y. I am not that into florals, myself, but that is certainly not this scent's fault, nor is it a problem with my chemistry.

Overall: A pretty scent but not one I'm really drawn to.

Oh, wow. :P

This is exactly what it says. A giant armload of lilies and sweet, golden honey. The lilies are real fresh-cut flowers, with that chlorophyll edge to them...I practically want to try to wipe the pollen off my nose! The honey is beautiful, but honey works in almost every blend I've tried, so that's not such a surprise :-) This is really where I like florals best...drenched in honey, and only one or two at a time so that they don't combine and produce Generic Floral Fog.

Florals are very hit or miss for me. I am so happy I took a chance on Tiger Lily!

It's very straightforward, but the lily works for me. Honey and lilies and I didn't think I could wear lilies. Yay! :P The honey helps to tone down the lily a bit for me.

Gorgeous, and probably bottle-worthy for me!

In the bottle: Yummy lilies! I don't know how flowers can smell yummy, but they do?

Wet: This is just lovely! It is definitely true to the description - warm, honeyed lilies. This may be the only honey blend I've found so far that I like. This is sweet and lovely.

Drydown: This gets warmer and more golden and sweeter as I wear it. I love this. The lilies and honey play back and forth - I swear, no other honey blend has worked on me (they all go off), but this one actually smells like honey.

Verdict: This is beautiful. I'm going to at least keep the imp, if not order more. My next order is going to be huge.

Smells a bit like calla lilies. I was hoping for a bit more stargazer but ah well.... After the drydown, this turns to soap on me. :P