Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

The honey scent sort of overwhelmed the lily scent for me. It was incredibly sweet. I thought I might go into sugar shock just sniffing. It's pretty, but too sweet on my skin for prolonged wear.

Honey sweet floral.

This is a lightly sweet floral, the lily is fresh and light. The honey note adds a charming sweetness to this blend. It is a lovely fresh scent, very feminine.

A floral I can wear? I might be a girl after all. :P

This was a freebie in my last order (though it was on my wish list--I would have ordered it eventually). Thank-you, lab! :P

In the imp and on wet, this smells like honey. I love honey. :D

As it dries, the spicy-floral scent of the lilies emerges. This is wonderful! It's very, very floral, but the honey adds sweetness, and the slightly spicy quality of the lilies keeps this from becoming too "sneezy." I think I need a big bottle. :D

In the imp: I can smell the lilies and I happen to LOVE lilies.

Wet: If there is such a thing as golden lilies, this fragrance is it.

Drydown: I smell a gorgeous blend of warm lilies. I can't really distinguish notes.

After a couple of hours: The scent fades. but it doesn't turn powdery nor does it lose its warmth.

Conclusion: A strong contender for an eventual bottle. I'm going to get plenty of wear from the imp and then I'll decide whether I can't live without this perfume. I'm not sure that there's enough individuality to the scent, but maybe it's just my uneducated nose.

Tiger Lily

Initially the lilies were very subtle and I liked them, but after a few hours they got much stronger and more watery - too much so for me (I don't like most aquatics) and I couldn't smell the honey at all anymore. There's almost a freesia note, which doesn't usually work on me (and sometimes nauseates me a bit - it might be an allergy reaction). This is a very traditional feminine perfume. Very floral in a formal way. I think it's actually really pretty, it just isn't the kind of pretty that I relate to or feel like myself in. It reminds me of women in white linen going to a debutante tea party - it's just a little too clean and crisp and soapy for me.

Edited by OdetteOdile

A freebie from the Lab, I wore this to bed last night so missed a bit of the dry down period.

Nonetheless ...

It was like being wrapped up in a blanket of warm golden sunshine and sleeping on a bed of lilies.

I woke up this morning thinking "What is that DIVINE smell!" and furiously ratted through the imps until my memory was jogged ...

"Ah! Tiger Lily! I think I love you!"

Tiger Lily was a nice balance of lilies and honey for me. It wasn't overly sweet, but there was a very golden sensation when sniffing this scent; I guess the best way to describe it was that it was a very warm and floral sweet. The lilies aren't the cloying stargazers, but instead a stronger daylily scent.

I like Tiger Lily, but not sure that it's really something I'd pursue as a bottle.

Wow! This was a lovely lagniappe from the Lab, and something I might not have tried.

In the imp: Heady floral, pretty but didn't seem very 'me'.

Initial application: Honey! Sweet, and yet something spicy is there too. Almost peppery.

Drydown: I would've expected this to be more pretty and prissy, but this is a very womanly, sexy scent. I didn't really know the scent of lilies before, but after trying Prague this morning and Tiger Lily tonight, I think I'm a convert. They seem to render out as heady and spicy on me, floral without screaming "omg I'm a flower!". And the honey gives a lovely mellow roundness to the scent. It almost makes me want to purr.

Wonderful. It's a perfect scent for feeling relaxed-sexy. What a pleasant surprise!

This is such a beautiful/feminine scent. Beautiful white lillies..drenched in honey. Sounds a bit like Adam and Eve's garden doesn't it? Each time I wear this-it puts a smile on my face. It is pure innocence and the dreams a childhood. Very nice indeed..

Tiger Lily

In the imp: ohhh, lovely lily with a touch of sweetness. Honeyed lilies indeed!

Wet on skin: still sweet lilies, freshly bloomed and fragrant. This is gorgeous.

Dry on skin: the lily note becomes more pronounced and, excuse the cheesy pun, 'blooms' on my skin. There's always that golden sweet honey note giving this a nice aspect, gives an image of lilies illuminated by afternoon sunlight. The honey note then becomes more pronounced and mingles so nicely with the lily.

After a while: this doesn't change much at all-it's just that wonderful honeyed lily all along. Lovely.

Verdict: this is a beautiful sweet lily blend. it's fresh blooming lilies with a swirl of golden honey. It's simple, and so effective. I have a feeling this blend will be wonderful as room fragrance too. it's not soapy on me at all, and the honey just enhances the lily scent and adds another, sweet and comforting dimension to this scent. Fantastic.

A fresh, clean floral (with a little "body") with touches of honey.

This seems to be staying fine on me...no soap yet...:P...will update if it changes. For now, this is a gorgeous sweet floral :D

Imp: Smells vaguely floral, light and airy.

Wet: Sweeter now, but still flral.

Drydown: Oo, after about 15 minutes it gets much deeper, still light, but with some depth, if that makes any sense. I wouldn't call it creamy, but there's a lovely undernote to this which must be the honey.

Overall: I like this a lot. I'm not sure where or when I would wear it, but I'm probably going to keep the imp.

Oro

Bottle (Imp): I can barely smell it, but I *think* I smell a flower.

Just On: Okay, there is a flower there, but this is so faint that I can barely smell it. Don't want to bury my nose in it while it's wet or I'll have a wet nose, but I just can't really smell it very much.

An hour or two later: Oh, there is the flower. Something else is mixed in there, but I have no idea what.

Around 6 hours: Yep, it's flowery. Not in a really bad way, but not exactly something I want to wear a lot. It's a beautiful blend, just not my style, ya know? It has lasted fairly well though.

12 hours: It went bye bye now.

Overall: As this isn't my style, it's hard to enthuse about it greatly, but it is a very nice scent, that doesn't fit my style.

After reading other reviews: I really wasn't able to smell the honey in this one at all, or if so, I certainly coudn't identify it.

i over looked this one at first because, i'm not really a floral person but a friend passed on an imp to me and i love it. a lovely sweet sugary honeyed flower whirl wind. my only grip is i can't seem to smell it one my self but the husband says he can so that's all i need to know! off to buy a big bottle....

At first sniff I got a sharp white floral. I really didnt get the honey. I thought it was kind of strong for me. I tried it anyway. I am glad that it toned down some after a couple of minutes. This one may be too girly for me. I feel like a pre teen wearing this. That might be good for some days. I will hold onto this imp.

I am not sure I ever got the honey note on this one but it reminds me of laying in a field of lillies and soaking up the sun. A girly scent for sure that I am going to hang onto this imp. I wish I had of gotten a bottle of it when it was still availalble.

A keeper for sure. :P

Tiger Lily smells a great deal like tiger lilies themselves -- one of my favorite scents in the world, given that they smell slightly spicy to me.

When I tried this on, my skin felt itchy -- much like my nose does when I sniff these lilies -- although I didn't appear to have any other allergic reaction on the skin. The perfume stayed true for about 10 minutes, and then where I put it on less strongly, it began to develop ... a pee smell. :P

Oh well.

Hrm. I love lilies and a touch of honey would just set them off to perfection. But I can't make my mind up on this one. It does smell JUST like lilies with a bit of honey in, which while nice on the bottle, is clashing horribly. Not with my chemisty, but believe it or not, with my self image! I am not the type of girl to wear this. Blood, Sacred Whore of Babylon, Samhain...that's more me. This smells beautiful in the bottle and likewise on my skin but I'm have an existentialist debate on this one. I'll keep it just in case but I don't foresee wearing it often.

In the bottle: The scent of lilies wafts up first, and then a mouth-watering, golden honey scent.

Wet: The lily is fuller now, like I'm really smelling a flower, but the delicious honey top note pervades. I keep smelling my wrist because it's wonderful.

Drydown: This lasts about four to six hours on me, and I just adore it. Definitely my favorite of the 40-odd oils I've been able to sniff or wear so far. It dries down to just a honeyed sweetness that makes me feel warm and happy, very peaceful. I am going to BURN through the 5ml I have, I can tell!

This is comforting and sweet and exactly like a box of Outdoor Fresh Bounce dryer sheets. Which is a lovely scent, really. But one I'm used to from the dryer. I'm sad that my skin didn't run with the honey note.

Honey kissed lilies. Soft, creamy and sweet. Very light and doesn't really stay too long, but well worth frequent application. This is gorgeous and perfect for work.

In the imp: mmm, tiger lilies smell so pretty!

On me: smells like soap. :P and not fun soap either.

Verdict: Laters, Lil!

This was frimped to me and I thought, at first, that it was a single note - woops! Very light and sexy - what scent with honey isn't sexy??? A little too light for me to wear everyday - I can see myself wearing this one to sleep after a nice bath!

Wet on me this is honey, oddly a less floral honey than the one I normally get from BPAL. Dry it's predominantly lily, very strong lily, there is the honey there in the background, just enough to sweeten the floral. On the whole I think this is too grown up for me, it's a perfume for a sophisticated woman and it intimidates me slightly.

In the bottle: creamy floral. So yummy!!! I can definately smell the lilies and underneath there is a creaminess, the honey I assume.

Wet on skin: very floral. Can't smell the honey or any creaminess at all. Just the lilies and a bit of something very crisp almost lemony

Drydown: still mostly lily there but I can smell a tad bit of the honey, but again it is mostly lily.

I wish the honey was a little more prominent here. On my skin the honey scent is pretty much eaten up and all I can smell are the lilies. I will try this again later and update as needed.