Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

Tiger Lily
In the vial: A sweet floral. I don't know anything about tiger lilies, the flowers themselves, but this is definitely a sweet floral.

Wet: Same as in the vial, sweetly floral.

Drydown: Less sweet than before, and now the florals are amping up. Also a powdery edge creeping in.

Verdict: This is a nice perfume if you like more traditional and/ or floral perfumes. I can see why folks were dismayed when this was discontinued, but this isn't a "me" kind of scent. I hope this finds a better home!

In the imp and wet on my skin, all I got was a very faint floral. Then after it warmed and dried, the lilies just popped. The beautiful honeyed lilies smell wonderful! :wub2:

Exactly what it says on the tin: Honeyed lilies. On my skin, LILIES!!! Yeah, this probably won't end well.

This one is gorgeous.

All lilies in the imp, but upon application becomes exactly what it says. A warm, honeyed lily. After several hours on my skin, the lily dies down a lot, and leaves me with a wonderfully warm, not cloying honey smell.

This reminds me a bit of O, though less creamy, and without the babypowdered amber - the lilies seem to give it a similar warmth.

Disappointed finding that this was DCed. It's really, really lovely.

The great imp backlog is being worked on....

Oh My! It smells just like a lily on a warm sunny day. Was sad to see it was discontinued. I will have to put a call out for random imps floating about.

Wet: Lily is a weird scent on me - it does this sort of "wet cardboard" thing for the first little while. This is like wet cardboard with honey on it. Honey improves everything, as it turns out, it's not half-bad, even at this stage.

Dry: Sweet, honeyed lily, as described. I quite like it! It's maybe not my favourite, due to the half hour of smelling like wet cardboard I had to endure to get here, but I can see how others without that particular skin chemistry fail would love this and be sad that It's been discon'd.

The Lab's awful jasmine stamen note in the bottle, but fortunately that doesn't reach my wrist. Goes on as a nice lily. It starts becoming a little powdery, though, and then vagues out into a more generic floral. It's pretty, but I think Lilium Inter Spinas is a better lily note.

I am sort of sad that I discovered this long after it was discontinued. I have two imps from lovely friends who have been into BPAL much longer than I have and had it floating around in their collections.

Tiger Lily is one of the scents that showed me that Lily is one of my absolute favorite scent notes. It's vibrant sun-warmed nectar-rich lilies in a field, and a soft sunny overlay of honey that just ties the warmth of the scent together. Lily always comes out such a big rich note on my skin, and this is no exception. It's a pretty sweet lily, but with that subtle spicy/sharp note that lily can sometimes have keeping it from being cloying.

If I didn't have such a limited amount of this, I would wear it more than I do, and it's definitely on my wishlist of bottles if I could ever find one to buy from someone!