Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

Honeyed lilies, with just a hint of something kind of tangy. Very golden and sweet...I think I prefer the honeyed gardenia to the honeyed lily, but this is very nice.

Thank you BPAL for sending me this frimp! Tiger Lily isn't something I would've gravitated to on my own, but having tried it I loooove it. Must purchase a bottle when the imp runs out.

Wet: Sweet florals (I'm not so good at identifying specific flower scents), warm honey, and a hint of spiciness. Nice. Sweeter than what I usually gravitate toward, but nice.

Dry: Oooooh. Whatever the spicy base note is here, it grounds the flowers and honey just perfectly! Sweetly sexy. I can see this being great on a first date, where I don't want to wear something too overtly sensual like Snake Oil, but I still want to send off an approachable vibe.

Verdict: I want a bottle!

This reminds me so much of a lily petal I picked up from a sidewalk 2 years ago. It smelled like a whole flower.I'll need to try wearing it in a slightly larger amount to see if it doesn't turn to soap.

I love the smell, it's really rich and not too sweet. It has depth. I'll add more to it as time goes along

Imp: Honey and Lilies all right!

Wet: Mmmm. That's a nice lily

Drydown: Sweet golden lily. Simple scent, done right.

Overall: I LOVE lilies. I've been looking for just the right lily scent since I started with BPAL and I think this might be it! Bottle Audition!

I have been looking for a good floral and I found it! Tiger Lily is beautiful. I love lillies and this one is perfect. Unlike Black Lily, which was pretty also, this lasts so much longer because of the honey. Not too sweet and the honey doesn't overpower the lily. I woke up and could still smell it. Bottle worth for sure.

Frimp from the lab; I dabbed myself before going out into the hot sun, and woo! I swear there must be amber in this - there's definitely honey and happily the lily isn't too strong, but it's got that warm golden powdery drydown that I always get out of amber. I bet this would layer awesomely with Khrysee.

In the imp: Exactly what the description promises: honeyed lilies. It is a very golden, warm, sweet fragrance. The honey is thick, sticky and out in front, while the floral is fainter. Still, it's really feminine and beautiful.

On, wet: Ooh! Now this is primarily lily, and it's a vibrant, fresh, true-to-life lily. I grew up with a backyard filled with tiger lilies, and this is exactly the scent of them. The honey's off in the background, just making this a bit rounder and sweeter—you might say, "gilding the lily." :lol: This is the same sort of lily note that I get in Dole of the King's Daughter, and that's just fine by me.

On, dry: Less ultra-realistic lily, and more like perfume. That is, this is the difference between me smelling like I just deadheaded the lilies in my garden and smelling like I put on some classic, feminine scent. The honey and gentle lily have blended together in a sweet, light, elegant perfume. It reminds me a bit of Skuld at this stage.

Later: Soft, sweet, honeyed lilies. It's very well blended and warm, with relatively little throw. Still, if anybody else gets close and sniffs, they'll be impressed. Still very reminiscent of Skuld, only with lily in place of the ylang-ylang.

Overall: This really delivers on the promise of the description. It's a very pretty, feminine, distinctively lily fragrance, with some sensuality from the honey. In the early stages, the lily note is maybe the truest lily I've ever smelled, next to real life. If you're a fan of lilies, especially natural lilies, then this is a must-sniff.

Where did the honey go? The lily is there...but it is very faint. I am actually kind of sad....because of the the singing flowers in the garden...my favorite was the tiger lily.

Actually...on the drydown....lilly has a hint of sweetness....but it is very faint....too light for me to wear.

Wet and out of the Imp it's all lily.

Dry it smells like the slightly spicy floral scent of fresh Lily with just a hint of honey underneath. Reminds me of the wedding of a friend from years ago.

This is a beautiful floral, all lilies and with a background of roses.

After a few hours, it turns grainy on my wrists, but my shirt smells BEAUTIFUL :lol:

Oh wow, this is lovely.

I am not usually a fan of florals, and this is certainly a floral scent, but it is just absolutely beautiful. It is sweet and golden, a bit spicy, and truly authentic smelling. For the first minute or so on my skin it almost smells like gardenias, but then dries down to a feisty powdery lily/honey scent. Love! :wub2:

Wet, this seems like it's going to be really nice -- I get the sweet lily, with a little bit of tang -- and then my skin turns it into an uncanny imitation of that cheap sanitizing soap you find in institutional bathrooms. :ack:

In the imp: sweet lily, as opposde to the sharp lily of Melancholia.

On the wrist: again, it comes across as a green smell. With drydown I get a hint of honey, but it's a solid rather than a runny honey.

Half an hour: Lilies in a room where beeswax candles are burning. The hint of smoky golden light through a castle chamber. This continues up to an hour an a half later. A scent which is sure of itself--however, I'm not sure I want to smell like candles

In the bottle: Warm, sunny lilies. Reminds me a bit of a more floral L'Estate.

Wet: You know, I'm not usually a fan of floral perfumes but Ive started to realize I love the Labs lily notes and this is just about as perfect and true as it gets. This is a warm, sunny lily, not a stinky diaper floral at all. Tiger Lily isn't headache inducing and it doesn't make me sneeze. This is warm, gentle, round and bright. I'm really getting a L'Estate vibe here.

Dry: As Tiger Lily dries I'm sniffing more of a honey note. This is probably one of the best floral scents I have ever tried. Gorgeous!

Overall: Love this! :wub2: I'm really happy I snagged a bottle before it was discontinued and lost forever. I'll cherish my bottle. :)

I agree with the last post. I usually don't love florals, but seem to love the lab's lily notes. This is so pure, not overpowering or headache inducing. Just beautiful. The honey just warms it up. Along with Eos, Tiger Lily is among my favorite florals. Glad I got a bottle before it's discontinued.

Sometimes I just want to wear an uncomplicated fragrance and this fits the bill perfectly. On my skin it's just straight up lilies. This doesn't turn overly soapy or clean like a lot of lily notes do, although initially it does toe the line. Eventually it softens into a fresh and mellow lily that is really lovely.

IN IMP: Honeyed liliesis.

WET: This is vey warm and goldon, like lilies in the sunshine. I also smell something similar to the pollon of flowers. This is very sweet from the honey, which at this point is the most prominent note.

DRY DOWN: It is like sticking your nose in the center of a giant orange lily. The honey note reseeds to the back and the sent of lilies takes the stage.

OVER ALL: This is a lovely sprintime sent, but it is not complex enough for me. I would like a couple more notes to copliment the honey and lilies, perhaps I would like the Imperious Tiger Lily more.

Wet, this is a sweet, cloying floral. It dries to a spicy, honeyed lily. Quite nice, but not really my style.

This smells like a real lily! I wouldn’t be able to distinguish between the scent of a tiger lily and the scent of any other kind of lily, of course, but in the vial and on my skin, again, it smells like a real flower, which I love. I get some spice and a bit of warmth in the vial that fades quite a bit once the oil hits my skin and starts to dry. I received this as a frimp from the lab, and I’m glad to have it, and I’m also glad I don’t love it enough to want to buy a bottle of it, given its impending discontinuation.

Indeed, as dry-down continues... uh-oh. It's getting more and more powdery and soapy. I think I might be in Wwindy's camp here: institutional soap-ville, here I come. Thoroughly disappointing, that. I feel like there are lily scents that work for me (most notably Bilquis), so I wonder if it's just specific lilies I can wear, or if I can only wear lily when it's combined with other things, or...? At any rate, sure enough, here I am in institutional soap-ville, and this frimp is heading to swap-town. Ah well...

In the vial I smell all lilies. Very nice.

On wet it goes sharp and heady for a minute, which is almost too much for me. Luckily, this phase does not last long.

The honey starts to peep out, and the warmth and softness is fantastic. Pretty and sunny.

Dry it becomes powdery, but not baby powder, sweet floral powdery. I can't stop sniffing my wrists, this is pretty. I'm so happy I found a lily that did not turn soapy on me. Keeping this imp for sure. Wish the scent did not fade so quickly.

The description for this scent is dead on. A wonderful, true lily with a element of sweet honey that warms the blend up. This is a really gorgeous sent and I'm glad I got a bottle before it was discontinued.

Slowly working my way through my never-reviewed frimp backlog. Yes, I have had this for ages and never actually used it. Whoops.

But it does what it says on the tin - it's a lovely, warm, sunny lily scent. I don't get any honey from it, which is okay. It just reminds me of walking past my neighbor Windy's house - she plants tiger lilies on both sides of the sidewalk, and for a week or so in summer it smells like heaven.