Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SeaLady

Wolf Moon 2007

...This scent is that of unending, unquenchable hunger and feral madness. This is the dead of winter: a frozen night, chill wind, and the sharp, warm perfume of blood, fur, fang, and claw. Winter air, Terebinth pine, juniper berry, dusty orris, deep amber, white sandalwood, black musk, blue cedar, and tonka.

wow, this is entirely different from what i expected. i thought wolf moon would be all dark and raw and savage. it's very piney, but it's this soft, subdued, lovely sweet pine that is anything but savage. it's very nice on me, just totally unexpected! Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: musk, pine (distinctive juniper berry and cedar), winter air, and resin. This is a cold scent and I love juniper, but the cedar makes me nervous (it likes to stage hostile takeovers of scents).

Wet--this has a feral intensity to it. Very much pine (juniper+cedar), but there are other, darker things. Sandalwood and musk come through, with the dryness of amber.

Dry: This is a pine scent, for certain, but probably my favorite so far. It is the scent of the winter woods by moonlight--skeletal trees against the snow. A darkest-evening-of-the-year scent. The pine is balanced with the chill winter air and the musk. Perhaps a breath of tonka and amber.

I find this to be just lovely--very, very chill and lonely, but beautiful. Also, very gender-neutral.

I had absolutely no intention on trying this today. It's technically hubby's bottle, but he hasn't shown this any love in a loooong time (since we first got it?) and I stumbled across it in my box....sooo....

OMG, why the hell haven't we used this more? It is amazing!

Wet, it's a cold, snowy forest. As it dries I catch hints of the berries, sandalwood, and musk.

The amber begins to come out more, which as usual turns slightly soapy on me, but I don't care. It still smells wonderful.

I bet this would be gorgeous in my locket and I can't wait for hubby to come home so I can slather him w/it and crawl all over him, sniffing and....ahem....sorry. :P

I have a feeling this will get worn a lot this winter. It really is beautiful. Very comforting, yet it makes me want to get outside in the cold and walk around the historic part of town (I live in Williamsburg) and enjoy some cider. Now I can't wait for christmas.

Summary: :D :D

WM 06

In the imp: Funny. Warm, musky, golden. I can't really place it, but not what I thought. guess I got to try a bit.

On the Skin: Its a burst of pine trees hitting me at full tilt. But oddly this isn't chilly at all, its warm like a think wolf pelt. The smell makes you feel like you are there amongst the trees, perhaps cloaked in winter, but I just can't catch the coldness b/c I am wrapped up warm in this golden aura of muskiness. But despite this, its only a hint or an undercurrent. The pine trees are very vivid and strong and almost Christmass-y (like time of year, not 'ho ho ho merry stuff')

Drydown: The warmth recedes and leaves me with a quiet pine forest. As if after our romp through the woods, here we are safe again on the tree break, perhaps at the brink of civilization. Yet I am still here by the trees, and Wolf Moon has spent the rest of the evening reminding me of where it has taken me.

Very nice. I guess taking a chance was worth it, b/c I think I need to keep Wolf Moon around the next time the moon waxes full and the wolves call. :P

Edited by poisondove

High-pitched pine and cold florals, juxtaposed with deep warm notes, mainly amber, with tonka and musk. A strong dose of dry precious woods as well.

The sharper, colder notes burn off my skin pretty quickly, except for the pine sap.

This dries down to a woody, musky amber.

It's enjoyable, but a little intense. Cedar really amps on me, and it dominates this blend with my chemistry.

3.4 out of 5

I'm not going crazy for this one.

To me this is pine and evergreen, probably the most true to life of all the pine/green scents the lab has done that I've smelled. Definately smells a bit chilly...

After a little while it sweetens up, smells like berries behind all the frosty pine.

The sweetness of the Sandalwood comes through once the pine has died down a bit and the scent now smells a bit more musky too. It almost smells like there's civet in here too because I'm definitely getting that animal grr kinda smell. I found it alot in Fire Of Love and Czernobog.

There's still a berry sweetness behind all the time while the perfume is morphing from the chilly pine stage. The animal note is now stronger though..

It stays like this until it fades... I'm not too fond of this. The description sounded so cool

:( BUMS!!

I managed to snag a bottle of this finally off ebay, if I can get more I will definalty be hoarding it! Absolutely beautiful sent, my favorite so far. It is a very cool crisp scent that is somewhat sweet without being overpoweringly so but is also deep and comforting.

The pine and cedar are clean crisp air in the woods. The juniper lends a hint of coolness while the amber, sandalwood and musk bring in the warmth of the wolf and pack, in a very comforting and relaxing scent. It makes me think of a big cuddle pile with my SO, and our fur babies enjoying the closeness and touch of eachother.

This does have some of the pine - like notes in it , but more then those I get the musk , amber & tonka . This is wonderful indeed . It's not a screaming , hit you over the head kind of scent . More subtle than that . It is slightly sweet . The musk keeps it from getting too sweet or letting the trees run away with the scent . This is a scent to make you want to cuddle . Or lay on the rug with you dog & give him a good scritching .

Ah Wolfie... you smell of pine, gin and cool wintery air at the beginning. As you dry, I get less pine, more cedar, and it becomes warmer, muskier. Cuddly even.

Not my kinda gig at all. But now I wanna howl at the moon. ;)

Sniffed: Golden oil. Pine, juniper, sandalwood and AIR. Surprisingly light and bright, as well as masculine, dry, woodsy, and bracing.

Wet: Sweeter and warmer on my skin - amber, more depth from the sandalwood, a little cedar and sweet tonka, and even some musk. I usually find the lab's pine note rather fake and unpleasant, but it works in this blend.

Dry: Dries very quickly, with more amber emerging (slightly powdering but mostly warm and a little perfumey), and a touch of orris, but not POWDERY DOOM. The cedar is very well-behaved, and the musk continues to amp sweetly & richly. Still loving the pine/juniper/sandalwood combo.

Later: Cedar has emerged much more strongly but is still really nice (for once!), and the tonka is sweetening up to a cloying extent. Everything else holding, maybe a BIT more musk, as usual on my skin with time.

Summary: Warm, sweet woods & musk. All the notes hold and balance each other well, and while it's too masculine and tonka-prominent for me, it's a nice blend. The amber doesn't go to powder. Fantastic throw & longevity.

Wow. Just WOW. This is absolutely amazing. I'm so in love with this if I can pull my hand away from my nose long enough to write this review it'll be a miracle.

I adore wolf moon 04 and I thought this wouldnt be comparable, but its completely spectacular in its own way. While 04 to me seems softer and snugglier, this is more of a wolf with a bite.

I cant even begin to pick out particular notes... I'm just enjoying the whole lot of them, inhaling and inhaling... :wub2:

Mmm piney and wild like running through a forest at night :) It was fun to compare this to Hexennacht and Wolf Moon comes out a little more ballsy than the sweetly sensual Hexennacht. More pine and blue musk vs. skin musk. I like this one more, I think and I'm glad I have my imp!

Edit: whoops, didn't need the description in there!

Edited by rayvn1

Starts off as a cold masculine scent but warms up a bit. A chilly richness. I definitely smell a sweet pine with cedar and musk. I find this scent comforting.

This is one that ends up being one fierce and deliciously feral scent :twisted: It starts out as what I'd call a diabolical Christmas tree; I had to wait for it to dry down to really get the full spectrum of this complex blend. The evergreen forest is still there (with the juniper berry realy adding a nice touch), but it's been challenged by musky and bloody (dragon's blood, which turns into this delicious dark bloody berry on me) overtones that are just blatantly and unapolagetically sexy. It's also strong enough that just a couple dabs will bring out the werewolf in you. I've developed an unquenchable lust for this that only grows the more I keep smelling it :wwolf:

Cold, snowy & woodsy. This is the ultimate winter blend. It is hauntingly chilly, while the cedar, pine and sandalwood are slightly softened with tonka, amber and juniper berry. It's spicy and sweet, yet maintains a darkness with the addition of black musk. Love, love Wolf Moon.

The perfume equivalent to being a werewolf.

Its warmth I cannot be explained, but its like being in a wolf coat.

while there is a breath, an undercurrent of cold like winter winds. And of

course, I can smell the trees that pass me by in a blur as I travel

through the cold woods. Its amazing. Dizzying. And I almost need to

close me eyes, as I get lost in this weird dual world. I am not

here anymore, I am in or am the wolf. :)

Wet, this starts off with a strong snow note and pine and just a little amber noticeable in the background, but once it fully dries, the pine and snow notes completely disappear and I'm left with this dusty amber & black musk scent. Dark and sensual.

Bottle: A dark warmth and coziness of pines layered thinly through. I have a feeling I'm going to love this.

Wet: Pine trees and cold dampness; a hint of something animalistic padding through.

Drydown: Animal warmth dusted by snow and anchored by wood.

Dry: Slightly musky snow with a touch of pine and sugar.

My rating: 4/5 <3

This is quite an interesting blend. Right off the bat I am able to crisp cold wind, as well as something furry and feral. The winter air seems to vanish as this heats up, and it become this combination of dust and musk with slight softness behind it. I really can't pick any of the notes out, this is very well blended. I really like this, however, I don't feel that it is really me. But I defiantly want to smell this on the husband.