Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Thoroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon.

Sin, I just recently won a 5ml of this on Ebay and Im glad I did. :P This smells kind of like a 2 dram vial of Tunisian Patchouli that I had one time. :D I like it, It very incensy,sweet and warm. :D Edited by Shollin

The Sin oil itself is so very dark that I was sort of afraid to try it. But, try it I did. And it is Patchouli. All Patchoili. Maybe a little something sweetening the deal. As it dries on my skin it is more, more, more patchouli. The description says that it contains amber, sandalwood, black patchouli & cinnamon. But for me it is all patchouli. While I like patchouli, I don't like it this much. But, for a patchouli lover this would be great.

This is a dark, rich, earthy fragrance, that smells like fecund black soil. The patchouli in this is very strong, almost hot, and the cinnamon compliments it beautifully. The amber and sandalwood weave together with the patchouli and cinnamon, giving it an earthy, loamy smell. Gorgeous fragrance! Notes include: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon

This is lovely and warm, and oddly comforting to me - very reminiscent of something I couldn't place for ages and have just realised - it smells to me of karvol, the decongestant drops - camphor is the main ingredient I think.

I can't stop sniffing.

yum.

First Sniff: Patchouli. It smells like a head shop.

On my skin: Very incensy and the patchouli is still very strong.

After 1 hour: Warmth. This scent reminds me of camping. Being outside on a cloudless night around a warm fire. The sandalwood and amber blend beautifully on my skin.

Final verdict: I never thought I would, but I love Sin. It is so warm and enveloping. It is both comforting and sensual.

Ooooooh, does this smell fabulous! Creamy cinnamon and sandalwood. When first on it's that creamy cinnamon, which quickly changes to sandalwood. This is a sexy, adult scent - makes me glad to be a grownup! As this wears the amber sweetness comes out to play with the sandalwood - in some ways it reminds of Haunted, but with more of a woodsy kick. The amber does come out more as the perfume wears, giving the sandalwood a lovely soft powdery compliment. The patchouli never makes an appearance on me, with the cinnamon appearing briefly at the beginning. After a few hours this is pretty much all amber - very sweet, kind of like Haunted.

ETA: oh Sin, where did we go wrong? Second and third application have been like a 180 degree turnaround from my first experience. The amber now just hits the sandalwood right off and turns it an extremely strong, sweet and cloying, much like what ylang ylang is like on me. The sandalwood before was much softer and drier. The amber seems to make it very wet and, as I say, far, far too sweet and overpowering. I sneeze when I put this on now and it's not at all like it was.

Off to swaps. Alas.

Sin

Preconceived notions: The only note in this I’m a little iffy on is the cinnamon, but I loved it with the dragon’s blood in Wrath. Since I also love patchouli and amber, I expect I’ll like this even more than Wrath.

In the vial: Wow. I definitely get a very green patchouli and cinnamon, which makes it more of a reddish brown scent.

On me: Yes, the patchouli is a welcome intercessor between the cinnamon and the metallic dragon’s blood, and now the amber is coming in to sweeten and deepen the scent.

In 10 minutes: Yes, the amber has definitely sweetened this. Yet, it’s still got the thrust of the the other three notes. All four notes are blended extremely well at this stage. I do wish it had slightly less cinnamon, though.

In nearly 2 hours: This still smells a lot the same.

Overall: This is very nice. I wouldn’t consider it sensual, but it’s dark, smoky, and has a nice bite.

Sin

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone ... and a little in the cleavage.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This goes on thick, dark, sweet and earthy – patchouli and sandalwood. Mmmmmmm

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): This continues to warm as it dries. I can barely detect the cinnamon under the sandalwood & patchouli … and the amber must be lying under it all. It is quite a lovely scent – like being wrapped in a warm blanket of spice.

Throughout the Day (10am-on): This just continues to warm up. It is a gorgeous blanket of warm, spiciness. Utterly nummy. The patchouli is definitely the top note, followed closely by the cinnamon and sandalwood. While I still cannot detect the amber, I know it is there, just beneath the surface. This is such a comfort scent.

Still present as I leave for home – so it has staying power. I am most certainly keeping the imp, as this is absolutely delicious.

some sweet someone just sent me an imp of this thinking i might like it....

in the vial: red musk? huh? not what i was expecting at all

wet: patchouli, cinnamon, goodness

dries: into a mellow, beautiful earthy scent w/ a kick. it has something similar to the lion but w/ a major spicey knee to the groin thrown in. this is beautiful! and yes i will be ordering a big bottle

thanks kmasden for the enabling.

First sniff from the bottle- Amber and musty dirt.

After 15 minutes- Ok, I like amber and I love cinnamon, but the black patchouli in this just plain gross to me. This smells like spiced amber and dirty hippy IMO. :P I had to wash this one off!

Summery- No go. The black patchouli in this smells like funk once it hits my skin.

from the bottle: dry sandalwood, patchouli. incensy.

i was worried about the patchouli, because it has been overpowering on me before.

on my wrist, wet: the sandalwood is still the most prevalent note, followed immediately by the smoky, spicy patchouli. hints of the amber starting to come through.

dry down: oh, yum. the patchouli is toned down, blending with the other notes. it is strong, but not overpowering. my husband loved it. amazing lasting power: i put this on yesterday at around 5 pm and can still smell it. i could never actually discern the cinnamon as a separate scent, but it could account for what i termed "spiciness". plus, my nose is unhappy from all of the chartreuse pollen that is now EVERYWHERE here.

definitely a keeper. :P yayayayay!!! :00001651:

Edited by tesao

WOW! I am in love. Sin made me find BPal and was my very first BPal purchase (5ml) - totally unsniffed but I knew I would love it. Was I right.

First smell: incense, a little headshoppy (my nose was unprepared I think).

Wet: Amazing. Warm, very well blended, having a problem picking out specific notes. Rich dark sandalwood, very slight patchouli. Spicy.

Drydown: Truly amazing. Warm, spicy, yummy - just wonderful! Sin has a very rich, warm deep sandalwood smell. I can't stop smelling my wrists and want to slather Sin all over.

Sin has gotten me compliments on how good I smell! I like it better and better the more that I wear it. I definately have to get a big bottle of this.

Ahhhh…heavenly! In the bottle and wet, this is a luscious blend of spices. Cinnamon is front and center, with the amber, sandalwood and patchouli blending perfectly behind it. As it dries the scent stays true. Spicy, cinnamony and so very sexy. It lasts and lasts. In fact, after my shower this morning, I could still smell a little bit of this.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being the best) this rates a 5.

This was a freebie imp from the lovely lab in my first order :D, and I must say that this is an instant favourite, seriously, it is absolutely divine :P .

I am a sucker for cinnamon, and the combination of cinnamon and patchouli just knocks my socks off completely!

All in all this is just a big bottle purchase for me - it is warm, swirly cinnamon & pachouli incense on me and it lingers in the air, very big hit with the boy as well :D .

It smells really good but I could whip all a version of my own since I have all the notes. It is thick and strong. The cinnamon has a kick. It's good. :P

Sin is really nice. At first, it's mostly sandalwood, a little dry. But then it becomes a lovely blend of soft patchouli and cinnamon. Nothing about this is aggressive, not even the cinnamon, it all blends harmoniously and is very yummy. Eventually, a little amber/vanilla smell emerges but then the scent disappears. Wish it lasted longer because I like it quite a bit. It's probably the amber, stealing my BPAL as usual.

Neat. Sin is very thick, very heavy. Goodness...something about this scent makes me think of painting, although I don't know why. It's so familiar. I can smell like patchouli and sandalwood together, not so much the cinnamon, and the amber is not distinguishable by itself. This is going to drive me nuts, because this smell is so familiar.

Very "adult," as another reviewer said. Deep, dark, serious. It's very nice, although very different from my normal scents. I think this would be pretty sexy on a guy. I don't think I'd ever wear this -- I'd have to be in a very dark, "don't mess with me" kind of mood to wear this. Thumbs up, though.

Wet, this smelled like a lovely sandalwood but the more it dried the more it started hurting my nose. Based on the descriptions in the other reviews I'm guessing that it might be the cinnamon, which makes sense because my skin seems to amp up any spice in the oil. Ah well. :P

Sin was mostly cinnamon on me at first, but then the amber and patchouli came out. I thought that it was a dark, warm, spicy blend. I like all the notes, so it wasn't a surprise that I like the blend, but right now it's not demanding a big bottle order.

edit: I tried this again, and now I can smell the sandalwood, which is great in this blend. It gives just the right amount of spice and bite. The cinnamon isn't very spicy in this; I guess it's combining with the amber to be powdery.

I think that this is now my favorite sandalwood blend. It'll probably grow on me even more.

Edited by nineveh

I immediately appreciated the deep red color of this oil. It just screamed sinful and got me pretty excited.

Unfortunately, the thrills were short-lived. On me, I immediately got this sense of I've-smelled-something-like-this, but I couldn't recall what. My best guess at identifying the notes are smoky florals and maybe some EXTREMELY dark amber or musk. Too dark for me, and that's saying something. Pulse Points...maybe that's what this reminds me of. Unsure. Anyway, as Sin settled, the dark smoky air increased and took on a medicinal edge.

And that, as they say, was that. It did not agree with me, and I had to wash it off. Alas. I had entertained such fantasies of being out and having someone say, "What's that you're wearing?"

"Why, I'm covered in Sin, of course."

I am utterly smitten with this rich, Oriental fragrance. It reminds me very much of Tabu, and a bit of Lush Karma. The fragrance is resinous, deep, and a bit spicy, with a fabulous drydown. Very sexy, very "come-hither." The patchouli and sandalwood dominate on me, with the amber rounding it out and giving it a mellow, golden feeling. I've just ordered a 10 ml of this because I love it so much. Anyone who likes deep, rich, Oriental-type scents that are not smoky or musty-smelling will probably like this.

In the bottle: A very slightly sweet resin scent. I definetly smell the lovely Amber.

On wet: First sniff all sandalwood.

Dry Down: Now there is that Amber I had in the bottle its finally coming back to the forward with a tiny bit of that sandalwood hanging in the back.

Overall: I believe that there may be a tiny bit of patcholli in this scent but I am still getting a very ambery, sandalwood scent. Sadly the cinnamon never shows up for me which is a disappointment. Overall this is a true incense scent.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Patchouli.

In the imp/bottle: Heavy patchouli, sandalwood and the slightest hint of amber.

On skin, wet: The dominant note is definitely patchouli; everything else takes a distant back-seat to it.

On skin, dry: After ten minutes, the cinnamon is as strong as the patchouli. By then, Sin is nothing *but* cinnamon and patchouli.

Conclusion: Definitely not a favourite. Patchouli-cinnamon doesn't seem to be a happy combination for me.

Edited by Aredhel

sin.jpg

Sin instantly reminded me of what some old books I used to love smelled like. There was the exact same dusty well loved paper with a great many dark elements sliding around in the background, like snakes. This is a very heavy and sexy scent that wouldn't do in the warmer months but would be great in the cooler ones. I would imagine that only the voluptuous need apply to wear sin, and I think it would be great for a heavy bout of beatings or kinkiness in an over-air conditioned room. This is the kind of scent you are either going to love or hate.