Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Thoroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon.

in the bottle hm. HM! wow! love this. dry sandalwood, spicy cinnamon bark, syrupy amber, and dark, gooey patchouli. WOW!
wet on skin all the notes are here but also blend seamlessly. no morphing here.
dry on skin no morphing at all, but i was smitten right out of the imp! another one that will be coming home with me in my next order! Edited by ravenfeathers

The fact that this is amber and doesn't make me smell terrible is astounding to me!

Delicious. Nom nom. On me this is mostly musk, not amber. Musk with hints of sandalwood and cinnamon. Don't get the patchouli. Sweet. A bit too much. I'll probably layer it with something drier. Nice though. Kinda slinky and warm.

Cinnamon incense burning somewhere......

You hear the thrums of soft melodic music with the constant beat of it in your veins.......

You're behind the curtain in a head-shop engrossed in contortionist sex. :thud:

That's SIN, plain and simple.

I should have reviewed this one ages ago. I *love* it!

YES! This this exactly!

I looove this. It's sweet, spicy, incense burning in room where some hot marathon sex just took place. :twisted:

wowowowowow!! I purchased a nicely aged bottle of Sin and holysmokes!

First of all... this oil is thick and dark. I'm not sure if this is due to the age (cobalt bottle baby!)

Aged lovely patchouli dark and smooth, with the sweetness of amber to keep it from becoming too dark and manly. The cinnamon is apparent, but subtle... so it isn't burning my skin off.

Verditct? Made of teh sex baby! :luv2:

Wow, a very husky scent. Patchouli like WHOA. Very woody. Sort of has that head shop, incense scent going for it. Somewhat similar to the Chandrika soap scent. Dries out to a muskier scent, though. A slight roundness to it as it's drying. Once dry, it has a MUCH more complex incense smell. Still heavy on the patchouli, but the cinnamon starts to kick in and give some warmth. Ooo, on full dry down it is much less straight head shop, and a lot rounder. Still maybe a bit too hippy for everyday wear. Satisfying once dry, though.

Retest-- Not quite straight patchouli on contact. The cinnamon is definitely a strong counterpoint. Much sexier than just patchouli. The sandalwood makes it delectably smooth. Verrry nice. Not at all like the Chandrika this go around. (this is being applied right before RMW hits-- changes reaction?) Jumps back to straight patchouli..But not irritating. Just a hint of sandalwood. Seems to strip back and forth with patchouli and sandalwood. NOW, it seems to be just sandalwood, with the barest hint of patchouli.

-- What the hell was I thinking? Tested once again, and this is BAM PATCHOULI LIKE WHOA. Might have been a bad time of month to try it? But DAMN. Just barely even a drop applied amongst both wrists and it was like getting a patchouli anvil dropped on me for the rest of the day.

I am amazed that I like this one. I haven't been able to wear any other scent with a patchouli note. But this one blends well with the cinnamon and smells amazing. I get cinnamon with an underlying wood note from this. I have a testable sniffie of this and I want more.

This smells great and I love the notes listed, but for some reason it just does not stand out or really strike me with a "wow!". I think this must be because I tried Lust first, and this just doesn't measure up to the sexy sinfulness of that scent. I'm a bit biased I think.

This is like All Night Long with more incense! I swear there's red musk in this one. Why am I smelling red musk? :think:

Sin also reminds me of Red Phoenix. I LOVE this one already. Sex in a bottle! A glorious, red hot patchouli blend.

I :wub: Sin

A 5ml is in my future. I think I may have a new every day scent. Urd has some competition! :lol:

My new signature scent!

I ordered an imp of this to try. WOW! The four elements in Sin are perfectly combined to create one awesome blend! On me, one scent doesn't stand out from the others - the blend is heavenly, not overpowering, and lasts, lasts, lasts!

I tend to play around with all of my BPAL scents - wearing one that suits my mood. I also like to see what reactions I get while wearing them. I have some that men love and women hate and vice versa. Interesting...

Ladies, I tell you, Sin brings the men in! (Women like it, too!) I have had men come back for a second - and third - sniff!

I love this scent! I am definitely ordering bottles of this. I don't want to run out!

Hmm, after reading the previous reviews, I feel kind of bad now ... :blush:

In the imp is patchouli and cinnamon.

Wet on my skin is the same, with a hint of the sandalwood and a bit of the golden amber.

Hmm, after my mishap with O, I'm really not liking amber. It's not bad, it just smells ... off to me.

I've noticed people refer to O and now Sin with post-sex connotations...not something I wish to smell like unless I've actually gotten lucky, no offense. :lol:

Imp: (red?)musk, wood; a dry scent

Wet: sweet musk, very light cinnamon, powdery (sandal)wood

Dry: very faded; light musk and smooth cinnamon.

This is very nice; it would be a great scent for cooler weather. The throw(on me, at least) stays rather close.

Imp: Dark patchouli and cinnamon.

Wet: A little syrupy. I think there's some red musk hidden in here. Definitely reminds me a LOT of Lust.

Dry: Dark, dirty patchouli, a touch of cinnamon, a bit of warm amber and just a touch of red musk. It's incredibly sexy but I think falls a little short in my book because it's so similar to Lust and Bloodlust, two scents I already have 5 mls of. It's very pretty but just one of those fleeting "Another place, another time" sort of blends. Definitely in that dark, resinous Lust/Bloodlust/Vixen sort of vein of scents.

Throw: Strong.

Overall: Sin sits on my skin for a long time before it dries down. It's kind of a here nor there thing but it took a really, really long time to dry down. At least it's a lovely scent from wet phase to dry down and doesn't morph a lot. Had I tried it earlier I'd probably be gaga for it but as it is I have enough scents in this category to keep me smelling like a smutty headshop for a good long while. Maybe if I feel like changing it up after my next bottle of Lust.

WARNING: I think I may be having a weird nose/chemistry week.

In the imp: Cinnamon and incense.

Wet: I think that might be amber! But I smell spicy candy floss (cotton candy)! Very cinnamony!

Dry: INCENSE. With a whiff of cotton candy.

A while later: This one hung around for the whole day while I was at work. It was like smelling candy floss and incense with just a hint of Golden Delicious apples. Very nice, but I may be having a weird nose week. :)

I am not a big patchouli fan, but I've found I can wear it in some blends. I thought this might be one of them because when I first tried it, it was mostly yummy cinnamon-incense. I think that I just didn't wear it long enough that day, because I have Sin on today and for the first hour it was lovely. After that, I started smelling like I didn't bathe. For a couple of days.

From the Imp to the dry down on my skin, it smells like incense from a headshop and patcholi. I don't get the cinnamon at all on me. It a warmer and softer headshop smell on me, but headshop none the less. I'm not fond of it. But I do know someone who would LOVE this scent. When I see her I'm sure to give it to her and it will be LOVED.

I do like this, don't get me wrong. But on me the sandalwood and patchouli are the main players, and make it smell fairly generic. Despite the lack of red musk in this blend it smells very similar to Lust, and I have plenty of blends with a similar feel to get my sinful fix from.

Sorry Sin, you smell good, but not quite good enough!

Wet this is patchouli and cinnamon, yet I don't hate it. I usually I get headaches from anything with cinnamon. But here it is very light. Just enough to warm the patchouli.

I like that the other notes in this (some of my faves) come out later, like the sandalwood.

On the dry down and later, this is a sexy incensy scent. Similar to the incense they often burn for mass in Catholic churches mixed with the leathe scent of the church pews, and the muskiness of the hymnal books. Warm, sexy and defintely sinful.

Im suprised I liked this because of the cinnamon, but I do. It's a very warm, sexy, intoxicating, incensey smell.

I didn't like this scent at all at first but I wanted to test it anyways becaue of the great reviews. Well that and the fact that I like to see how things react with my chemistry.

Wet: The first time I tried this I thought ewww….patchoulli and the second I thought the same thing. But I don't dislike patchoulli as much as I used to and decided to see how the scent ended up on my skin.

Dry Down: I could still detect the patchoulli for a while, but now it is definately a very subtle background note and the cinnamon is wonderful and hovering at the top with what I thought was vanilla but must be the amber but the patchoulli and sandalwood prevent the blend from becoming too sweet or wood. This is definately a sexy scent. Its very intoxicating and I am quickly growing to love it.

ETA: I :love!: this scent. I also have decided that Beth is completely amazing for making me not only like but seemingly love patchoulli. On me I have decided that I amp amber (which is nice) so the scent has a very warm, sweetness about it esp. with the cinnamon but the patchoulli grounds the whole thing and makes it undeniably sexy. At the moment it tops my favourites list.

Edited by Beckie

This is a review for a well aged bottle of Sin i bought from a forumite. (Two plus years old, iirc)

I get zero patchouli. If it's there, it is staying way in the background. I get yummy cinnamon, with a hint of sandalwood, and a ton of juicy sweet red musk. I know red musk isn't in the listed notes, but i've seen it confirmed by popular opinion over in the red musk thread (in recommendations), and i definitely detect it. Which is awesome, because i LOVE red musk. It sweetens the cinnamon to perfection. I love me some Sin :thud:

On me, Sin is very much the same as one of my fav layering combinations: Scherezade and The Lion. It's so similar in fact that the only difference I can detect to my nose is the faint hint of cinnamon.

So naturally I adore this.

Sin is warm, sultry heat ~ this is something you dab on all the places you want someone to lean in real close to get a whiff.

This is going to be added to my need a bottle list.

Imp: Shades of Crowley. Crowley is the BPAL I wear most often, so this is a good thing.

On: Yum, sandalwood. Patchouli checks in after a bit. I think I may smell cinnamon sweetening it, but if I do, it's very faint.

This is nice. I'll use this up.

Edit: Almost a year later and this endeared itself to me more than I expected it to. It is a very sexy scent; a little sweeter than I usually prefer, but it's a good one.

Edited by Amaroq

Oh my. Where to begin.

This reminds me of a perfume oil that an old friend made called Aphrodisia I. Lovely and pulls you in quickly (as sin would or should).

In imp: each note is definable. this is a very balanced, well-blended scent.

Wet: Oh boy. My skin loves this. The amber blossoms nicely. Cinnamon hints without sharpness. Just a lovely spicy woody scent. Patchouli is playing nice with everyone.

Drydown: the low powder level of the sandalwood and amber is perfection. No soapiness!! Horrayyyy! The cinnamon gives this a "lesser dragon's blood" feel to it. Such a sexy scent. I can't stop sniffing my arm!!

Wet on my skin, this is almost entirely patchouli on my skin. As it begins to dry, I am getting a bit of cinnamon and amber, but the patchouli note is just so strong on me that it's hard to distinguish anything else.

:::SIN:::

Sin is an aptly suited fragrance for it's namesake. Without the site's description on hand, a guess is the best that can be done for the time being with this one...Amber is the most apparent note, and this is a REALLY GOOD AMBER! This amber is slinky, soft and sexy... New Amber.

What else in this fragrance seems to be either Rose, Sandalwood, or Vanilla... A nibble of spice, too.

Sin is such a smooth, seamless blend that it is really difficult to say precisely where the ruddy sweetness of the formula comes from.

Sin is the epitome of self-serving, self-indulgent excess. Sin is the wanton abandonment of conscience, and of the norms of morality.

Sin is the chuckling mirth of schadenfreude, the pink-cheeked climax, the drunken debauch, the paper currency tossed to the floor just before the door clicks shut.

Sin is the vibrant pink of glowing health and the purple bruise of excess.

Sin could confidently be worn as a unisex fragrance, yet is most likely a safer bet to be coquettishly manipulated by her. Meowch!

I have only tried my imp once so far.

When I first put it on I smelled cinnamon and, I thought, cedar. Maybe what I thought was cedar was the sandalwood (it was woody). There was a sharpness to it, almost a slightly sour note. Not sure I could detect the patchouli. If I did, it didn't smell much like the patchouli I'm familiar with.

The sharpness faded, and then I could smell the amber. Love amber. I liked the dry down quite a bit - much softer, gentler, warm, sexy scent. I don't think it will be an everyday scent for me, but I will definitely use it when I feel like getting close to my hubby.

I thought it faded fast, which surprised me. My husband said he thought my nose was broken though, so maybe it was stronger than I realized. But I really liked that it wasn't an in-your-face, oppressive, heavy scent. To me it seemed rather subtle, and I love that.

Though it's not my favorite, I definitely like this one. I have a feeling it will grow on me the more I use it too. I already feel like trying it out again. :) Yum!