Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
georgiamagnolia

Sweet dried grasses scents

You might try Litha (if you can find some)- I kind of get a "sweet dried grasses" vibe from her- even though grass isn't listed as any of the notes:

Honey mead with honeysuckle, oak wood, ivy leaf, wild thyme, carnation, daisy, vervain, gum arabic, frankincense, yauhtli, and liquid copal.

Maybe it's the mead...

Roadhouse and Tarot:Temperance have a dandelion note which to me, also resembles fresh hay. I third, fourth, fifth or whatever :P The Lion - I pick up a sweet grass note from it among the spicy amber.

Hay Moon smells just like... hay. but it's difficult to find, so I will recommend this: THE MILLER'S DAUGHTER. it's GC under Marchen, and has a strong hay smell to it. it has straw listed, and i actually bought this scent as an alternative to Hay Moon, since that's LE... so i know i'm not the only person who thinks so, lol!

so, I'm bringing this post back, because it's similar to what I'm looking for right now...

So, back when it came out, I had a decant of Labores Solis (the sun's rays expressed through frankincense, amber, heliotrope, saffron, and chamomile, crossed with Luna's Artemisias, manifesting in darkness.), which I deeply loved.

When my decant ended, I sort of forgot about it, but my recent purchase of an imp of Coyote, reminded me of that love.

I want to know, what other scents smell like yellow grass fields, burned out by hot summer days.

I want to know, what other scents smell like yellow grass fields, burned out by hot summer days.

As mentioned before Scarecrow. Scarecrow to me smells like hot August in the country. I grew up on a farm and we had lots of fields. In August when the rain hadn't come in weeks, those fields turned into dry crunchy yellow fields that had a smell all their own. That smell is Scarecrow.

Also Sheol to my nose smelled grassy. It may be just me

I'm not sure if I'm going to just order it now or wait til reviews come in, but I am really intrigued by Autumn Fancies. Sounds like it might be a fantastic scent in this category!

Sign in to follow this