Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
georgiamagnolia

Sweet dried grasses scents

One of my fondest childhood memories is of fields of alfalfa at twilight in the middle of Summer, fresh green scents and that wonderful fragrance they give off after a rain storm and the cool green and purple scent they have in the dark after a really hot Summer day when the sun finally sets.

But nowhere can I find a bottle of Twilight Alfalfa Field.

I am a total newbie to BPAL, having only gotten two orders so far, with one outstanding. So I am not yet very experienced in the amazing range of scents available here.

Has anybody found any scents that are fresh mown hay like?

Thank you for your help. :P

Scarecrow is a very nice freshly harvested field scent in my opinion. I wouldn't say it was like fresh mown grass, but it's definitely a field scent. It reminds me of the country and makes me horribly homesick. :D

Or Val Sans Retour (an up-and-coming) is grassy with some citrus.

Hope that helps somewhat! :P

Hooray! Thank you for those suggestions. I am so glad that payday is Friday, I will order imps right away... well, tomorrow anyway. :D

Thank you so much.

:P *worships BPAL*

Maybe Coyote?

The Native American Creator / Trickster God of Chaos and Change. The warmth of doeskin, dry plains grasses and soft, dusty woods warmed by amber and a downy, gentle coat of deep musk.  (Gender neutral)

oooh, that does sound good. I am adding it to my new Imp Wants List. (which just keeps growing.)

Thank you so much. :P

Edited by georgiamagnolia

Rosalind is more sweet grass than fresh-mown hay - more like a spring meadow than twighlight field, y'know - but it might be somewhat close to what you're looking for. Worth trying, anyway. But then, I love it, so I'm biassed. :P

AHHH! What is wrong with me??!?! I have a unicorn tattoo and I have not yet gotten an imp of this one. My Bad!

Thank you for the suggestion.

*impatiently awaiting tomorrow's paychecks*

You're welcome! I hope you find something you like! I know I almost cried when I found Scarecrow, it was so perfect for me. It was everything I missed about growing up in the country and then some. :P

Okay, I know this isn't a BPAL oil, but you might want to check out this thread in the fashion and beauty section:

Here

It's for a soap merchant who has a soap called "A Roll in the Hay" which is supposed to smell of fresh-cut grass. Might be a good shower alternative.

Here's a link direct to the soap site:

Soap

Again, not BPAL, but some witchy oil supplies have New Mown Hay Oil. I know Azure Green does. I haven't smelled Scarecrow, but it sounds like it could be a good approximation.

I would put it a vote for Scarecrow. There was another one I tried that smelled grassy, but let me think about that because the name of it is escaping me.

Like hay or something - I don't mean the kind of green grass you grown in your lawn. I mean something more golden or brown than green.

Edited by ivyandpeony
added search terms to title

Sign in to follow this