Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Antaria

Scent like Partylite Hokuspokus / Abracadabra

Hello!

I fell in love with Partylite Hokuspokus / Abracadabra (neon yellow) scent. Please please tell me that there is a BPAL Scent similar to this one!

I can't even tell what it smells like! But please - say that I can semll like Hokuspokus ...

Greetings

Tina

I thought the Hocus Pocus and Abracadabra were two different scents from party lite?

As far a I know, they are the same - at least an my package there are both names. In Germany it is called Hokus Pokus and in other countrys Abracadabra ... I don't know if this is only limited to Europe or if the names in USA are the same. But as fare as I know the palette-range there is only one neon-yellow candle (one of the halloween range).

Edited by Antaria

Sorry, have to bump this up, because I'm really mad about this scent - I asked the women who moderates my partylite partys but even she was not able to tell me what kind of scent this ist ... pleeeeeease help! :P

Sorry, I have to bump this again ... as far as I know the scent is no longer available and that breaks my heart. I still have some candles and melts but I'd love to have a BPAL, too. So - any ideas?

Hmmm... unless someone who's a real Partylite aficianado shows up or unless you can track the notes down, I just don't know if you are going to get a whole lot of response on this one! :P

I did a little Googling last night -- and ended up mostly on eBay auctions. The description I kept seeing was, "A delightful scent of secrets... with a surprising twist." I guess the twist is not fragrance related (the yellow candle morphs to green), and the delightful scent... well, no one seems to be talking. I came across one description that described it, very briefly, as "citrus-like", but I'm not sure how much that helps you.

Edited. Message cloned itself. Weird.

Edited by Grifyn

Well, tracking down what it really is seems hopeless ... and I can't say that I think it's citrus-like (hate citrus :P ). The twist is more in the scent because ... well I never realized that the color would change - it is neon-yellow and mine stay neon-yellow.

*sigh* Perhaps I take a piece of a melt into a perfume-shop and ask if they have anything that goes in the same direction. And buy all I can find on ebay :D

Hi, I'm REALLY new to BPAL but I think that Hocus Pocus smells a lot like my Lolita Lempicka perfume. I'd try a BPAL blend with licorice/anise. I read in another thread that Neo-Tokyo smelled a lot like Lolita Lempicks to some people. So hope that helps a bit!

I love Hocus Pocus by Partylite and just tracked down a few more on eBay. I snap some up whenever I start to run low. I'm going to find out what these notes are and will post here. It is my mission!

I got some votives on ebay because this thread had me dying of curiosity. :P They came today, and I'm going to guess: melon as the dominant note, white musk, citrus (not orange or lemon, maybe white grapefruit), and a little mint.

Maybe try mixing Shattered with Yemaya or 51.