Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
magpiedee

The Unicorn

A misty, almost luminous perfume: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs.

This IS a unicorn. Not only is this a unicorn, but wet it is a unicorn sprayed with Fabreeze (sp?). Dry, this smells like the most pure, delicate creature caught after the rain and wandering in the fog. I can't pick out a single note! I'm definately wearing this to bed because although it is a bit sharp, it is soothing. Certainly a perfume for the Mad Tea Party!

This is what moonbeams must smell like. Unicorn is a cool, white, regal and gorgeous floral with that extra thing everyone here has been trying to describe - a bright, effervescent something that lifts the scent off my skin. It's extraordinary!

ETA: I wore it to work today and where did it go? It just vanished into thin air before I'd even arrived at the office. Today was one of the hottest days of the year, so I can at least hold out hope that it has more staying power when it's not as brutally hot as it was today. But it's a tragedy that this is so shortlived.

Edited by Noumenon

Bottle: citrus, light, clean

Wet: citrus, dryer sheets

Dry: light, clean, airy, slightly sweet, sunny, bright

This blend is very nostalgic for me, and reminds me of middle school, my best friend, and the perfume I wore then. There's definitely a sense of youth to this blend. I imagine this would be perfect for summer or for a linen spray, and I love the memories this scent brings up, but it really doesn't fit me now.

Ooh, this is really nice! I think someone earlier may have said that this is what cucumber flowers should smell like (though I may be confusing it with another review--perhaps of The Dormouse), and I can't get that comparison out of my mind.

It does remind me quite a bit of The Dormouse, which I love, but a little less sweet. I am worried that it might do the unfortunate laundry sheets things that White Rabbit did to me (oh! how I wanted to love White Rabbit!) but so far, so good.

However, since I love The Dormouse so much, I probably won't buy a 5 ml of this. But it is quite lovely. Not much throw, but a pleasant, light, summery scent.

In the imp: Hum. Bubblegum. Not what I was expecting.

Wet: MINTY gum. Oh, yuech.

Dry: Hmm...this is very nice, actually. It's gone all shimmery and not so sweet and herbal, more like a clean scent. Very short-lived, sadly. It's alright, but not really a staple.

This was very fruity, a paler fruit like a pear, and lightly floral. The word dewy comes to mind. I expected the fruity quality not to last long out of the imp, but it hung on. Nice. ish. But not my style.

This is a very delicate, fresh, and youthful scent. I have a hard time picking out specific notes, but it's floral without being overwhelming, and watery without being obvious; reminds me of dew. The feeling is both innocent and mystical, like a garland of white flowers.

This seems like a perfect scent for a young girl to wear on a special occasion, maybe a first dance or a bat mitzvah or something. I'll save the imp for my girliest days, or for those occasions when subtle is best.

I am another of those for whom this doesn't last too long.

Ancientgirl

I got this as a frimp from the lab. As it turns out, it doesn't like me at all.

Imp: light herbal/floral. Pleasant enough

Wet: Grass and pee

Dry: Cheap old lady soap

this is the first imp I've gotten with the faulty cap - yikes!

this is such a nice, clean scent. it reminds me of freshly washed sheets with a really good laundry detergent. so pretty!

In the imp, fresh, aquatic florals. On skin it becomes more of a light & refreshing soap scent. Tickles my nose, too, lol. Very pretty but not for me.

Upon first application The Unicorn is sweet, white florals softly speaking of innocence to me. Soft, subtle and light. Quite airy but yet moist as well. It'd be a great scent for those "white flowing dress" days of summer.

I like. :P

Wow, I'm in love. This is magic in a bottle. It's white and light without being too florally or headache inducing. It stays on my skin quite well and gets a little bit softer and sweeter as the day goes on.

theunicorn.jpg

I have attempted to enable friends with The Unicorn but (unbelievably enough) I have never tried it myself. It's the Linden Blossom in it. Very fresh and there is a hint of jasmine in the mix. I can indeed imagine I smell linden blossoms here and it is a white and aquatic flower mix which is fabulous for the romantic in you. It is not too strong so I would recommend a scent locket and a liberal dousing on a cotton pad for those of you who fall in love with The Unicorn.

The Unicorn is fresh and vernal and young and tender. Very nice.

ADDED April 1:

This one wasn't me, very pleasant but not one I would wear. However, I bought it for a friend of mine who is really in love with linden and she loves it. I think I may have enabled another person.

So so so so pretty! This is a delicate, soft, very feminine fragrance, with florals that radiate pure innocence, and a light green note. It's a scent to wear on days when one wants to feel especially pretty. Sadly, I find that it fades in about an hour. Sigh. I adore it and wish it lasted longer on me.

The Unicorn:

In the bottle: Green and herbal, with some flowers. Not too sweet though, more clean and natural.

Wet: Beautiful. Flowery and slightly herbal. Innocent, and glowing.

Dry: The herb note died, sadly. But the flowers are staying, and they smell delicious. Soft, and sweet, and ethereal.

15 mins later: Where is it? I can't smell it anymore! It disappeared all too quickly for how gorgeous it was. I applied in 3 places (both wrists and the crook of my arm) and the crook of my arm is only faintly smelling of the Unicorn.

This makes me feel very pretty and feminine :P

the unicorn --

in the bottle: very perfume-y, strong and sharp to the nose.

on me wet: on me wet the scent is very sharp, herbal and clear. it smells icy.

on me dry: sharply flowery but mellowing, still herbal but warmer. gardenia? weird.

hours later: faded quickly.

The Unicorn is a very pretty, feminine scent -- but it's just not for me. I think I'm just not much for pretty floraly scents like this, at least not on me. It's not quite heavy enough, not dark enough for me to wear on a regular basis & it also faded quickly. However, it is a beautiful scent, I think, for people who prefer lighter, more flowery scents.

EDIT: On further wear...

This scent really doesn't have much staying power on me, which is a shame because the second time I wore it I liked it much more. It stays feminine and crisp, but still tumbling with flowers -- I suppose if I were to wear this much, though, I would have to do it in a locket dealie, so it would last longer.

Edited by Katherynne

Very airy and light, this would be perfect for just a day of relaxing. I don't see myself buying a bottle of it, but I'll definitely keep the imp on hand.

The first sniff is light, with a trace of sweetness. It doesn’t actually cry “floral!” to me, but it's rather lemony.

Once on my wrist, it seems a touch more floral, but that might be the power of suggestion. Whatever I’m smelling, I definitely like. This smells light, yet complex -- it doesn’t leave me looking for the rest of the scent in the fashion that Sudha Segara did. It has a very fresh quality. Lemony is still the closest I can come to marking notes, but it isn’t fierce lemon -- just a trace element within the blend. (I have no idea what linden blossoms smell like, which makes this a bit tricky.) It feels like a morning sky looks when I’m actually awake and ready to face the day. This could be a wonderful daytime scent for me.

As it dries, the hint of lemon lingers on -- lemongrass, perhaps? I don’t know. This is a very clean scent on my skin, but without any soapiness. It is complex and gentle, with a glimmering freshness to it that makes me think of mists and dawn and other mystique-laden things that were probably inspired by the lab description. I admit that I wanted to like this fragrance, so I’m particularly willing to be enchanted by its loveliness, and so I am quite pleased that it has demonstrated loveliness with which to enchant me. It is subtle at a distance, but that’s all right -- this is a scent for my benefit rather than that of the world.

In the imp and wet on my skin this smelled kindy of lemony. A creamy lemon, not an in-your-face type of lemon. The lemon quickly fades away and I got beautiful white florals, I hate white florals. They make my eyes water and my nose run, on me they're usually way too heady and I begin to feel sick to my stomach. Not this time! :D The florals in the Unicorn love me, and I love them. They're very soft but still evident. The linden is the winner, though I LOVE linden and there need to be more linden blends... There's also faint herbs, but not "herbal" herbs if that makes sense. These are soft and somewhat sweet herbs... I love this. :P

In the bottle it was light fresh floral. Even my husband liked it.

Wet: it was very sweet and again kind of flowery. Not so much that I can pick out WHICh flowers but just a gardeny kind of floral.

Dry: again it's still sweet with a hint of floral but not over powering at all. I have to actually sniff the spot to get much of a scent. It faded pretty quickly.

I think this will be a good day to day at work scent for me. Nice and light without knocking anyone over.

In the vial: Blinding white florals. :P Wow.

On the skin: I dunno where that orangey note is coming from... orange zest? Anyway, conjures instant images of a unicorn, all blinding white. That's for sure. Gives me a bit of a headache though. Almost too floraly for my tastes. This one will probably take a few more sniffs before I decide on it. Very pretty, though.

Out of the vial this has a dirty diaper, old people smell. It's that kind of smell you experience in a nursing home...an air freshener that's trying to hide the smell of medecine, poo, and disinfectant.

I am NOT a white flowers fan and this one is really high on the floral scale :P I can't put it on my skin so I guess that's all the review I'm able to give :/

The Unicorn-

In Bottle: Oh, very powdery and light and sweet...sugar with a touch of lemon...and very cold!

Wet: Now I notice orange-cherry. It's like sugary florals overlie it.

Dry: I like this so well! It's like the softer cousin of Tweedledee: orange blossom and cherry. Such a pretty scent.

Overall: I like a lot.