Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
trillkey

Fresh, wet, and/or green florals

I adore Dublin, and don't find it woodsy at all - very misy and green, with a slight spicy sweetness, which is meant to be rose... might be what you're looking for?

My skin loves green notes. It also amps florals. Soo... Here's a list of all the green notes I can think of. If you're looking for an ultimate green scent, I'd start by looking through those notes. Keep in mind my skin tends to dry things out, so you may get a different experience from me.

Lavender is a good green note on me. It's subtly spicy and nicely green. It has a very dry tone to me tho.

Rosemary is also dry and green smelling to me. It's a little more piney and a little bit less spicy than lavender.

Carnation smells a lot like clove. Some carnation notes are a bit greener toned than others. Really green carnations also tend to smell wet to me. Clovier carnations tend to smell drier.

Oakmoss is green and golden ambery smelling. It's a very long lasting note and starts out greener and dries down to something that's almost but not quite amber. It tends to feel like a cartoon of a plant, rather than an actual plant to me.

Vetiver is a green and growing plant. It tends to feel very wet to me, and is very alive. It can be a problematic note for some people, but if vetiver works on you there's *nothing* like it for green notes.

Sweet grass is also green, and smells a bit like fresh cut grass. I really don't care for the smell of mowed grass, and it's probably too dry for your tastes.

Patchouli can be very very very green, with a sort of earthy or dirty tone. Not dirt like a Phish fan, dirt like you grow plants in. On me it mostly wants to smell like a Phish fan tho.

Petitgrain is a scent made from orange blossoms, twigs and leaves. It can be very green and sharp smelling.

Aloe is a nice wet green note, but it's not used in many BPALs. The only one I can think of is Embalming Fluid, and that's nothing at all like what you are looking for.

Pennyroyal is a kind of mint and smells very green. Most mints smell green to me, and kind of sharp or pointy. Pennyroyal is round and green and very disturbing because green things shouldn't oughta be round.

Pine and juniper also tend to smell green to me, tho they're more resinous than most of these other greens, and *very* dry.

Basil is a bit like black licorice and a bit like lettuce. So it's a green smell but a very planty sort of green smell. It's not dry at all.

Leather smells very green to me, but it's not a wet sort of green. It's also not particularly dry.

Many aquatics smell rather green to me, as well as smelling wet. Well, not wet, they more smell like the idea of being wet rather than actually being wet.

Grapefruit can smell a bit green on me. Mostly it's citrussy and a bit aquatic, with a bitter tinge.

There are some great green scents in the Rappaccini's Garden section. I suggest Belladonna, it is a very fresh green scent, with a flowery hint. Black Hellebore is also watery, light grassy green and with some damp pale flowers, it says "darkly rooty" in the description, but I didn't detect any darkness or earthiness to it at all.

I didn't like Dublin much, it is nice but not for me, but I have to say it is not an evergreen smell (probably that is why I didn't dig it ;P) but a deciduous one, very watery and airy certainly.

So many more replies!

I'm writing all the suggestions down - I have Belladonna in my list for my first order, and added, removed, and re-added Dublin a bunch of times, just because of all the different things I've read about it.

Thank you so much torrilin for your list! A lot of those notes are ones that I wouldn't have thought of. I'll have to save it as a reference.

Beltane sounds awesome, I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

I thought about House of Night, but I was worried it would be too dark, if that makes any sense.

I wasn't able to find Pontarlier on the site though. Off to search the forum.

Thanks again!

Hope I'm not coming to this topic too late for you, but I find Santa Muerte a very wet scent. It's the cactus flowers. It may have more floral notes than you'd be happy with, though. Tenochtitlan is also extremely green, with the scent of freshly-cut flowers and herbs. I found it a bit too green and fresh for me.

Oh, and The Apothecary! It's a very fresh green scent that makes me feel like I'm in a garden right after a rain.

The Hanging Gardens come to mind. :P not too floral or fruity and definably not a bitter green, Juicy can be another great descriptor for it as well.

Garden Path With Chickens will win the hearts of anyone who loves a green floral with a hint of wetness - like the dew on the grass before the sun burns it off. It's the freshest, greenest, springiest BPAL blend ever - it knocked Floral Moon and the Beltanes off their perch for me!

Seconding Danube heartily. Not only does it smell like a perfume my great-grandmother used to wear, it also smells like what her flower fridge (she was a florist by trade) smelled like right after she misted it.

Very green and wet, with a gentle touch of lily and some other stuff too backgroundy for me to distinguish.

I second ivyandpeony's recommendation of Garden Path with Chickens (one of the new Salon scents.) Fresh, wet, green floral describes it perfectly. It is a divine springtime scent.

I had almost forgotten how much I love Tarot: Temperance until Ah Xia just mentioned it. :P I might have to rush upstairs and smell it when I finish this post.

I get that dandelion note I pick up in Roadhouse, but without the beer. I mean hops. :D And tons of greenery, wildflowers and fresh air. It gives an extremely natural clean feeling.

I don't know why I have this burst of spring fever - this is just the second cold day we've had in Atlanta in a week or more.

popping into this thread to add the to chorus of Garden Path with Chickens!! It is such a perfect wet, dewy green grass/flowers scent. I love it!

I'm going to sing Teh Chickens song too!!

It is melting, sweltering, revolting hot here at the moment but I am inside in my airconditioning and I smell like Spring. :P

I'd probably give you Tempest as my top pick. The instant I smelled it, a garden on the morning after a rainstorm was exactly the mental image I had in my head. Sea of Glass is lovely as well, but to me it smells more "oceany" and less "rainy", if that makes any sense.

mmm...i love all grassy green notes...on their own or with flowers...

my faves in this category are garden path with chickens, dublin, envy, the apothecary, bayou and the passionate shepherd to his love. i smelled orpheus and mag mell at will call recently and they're awesome. rose red is also a good very green rose...but the rose is hardcore, so you must adore rose.

i hope to one day have all the green grassy BPAL blends, imp or otherwise. they're rather fantastic.

Edited by eatingthesea