Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Peppermint

Since I love the smell of peppermint tea, which is really just peppermint leaves minced up and put into a bag, I couldn't be happier about this single note.

So bright, so crisp, Beth's peppermint is just luminous - there's no sweetening or muddling caused by the heat of tea-making. This really is the scent of mint leaves rubbed between your fingers, and it's chilly and refreshing.

Fabulous!

First off, let me say that this single note is one of my very few "OMFG" good BPAL scents.

Wet: This smell is intensely fresh, clean, and zingy. It makes my nose tingle! The scent is sweet, much like a peppermint hard candy is sweet, but this lacks the sort of cloying, sugary, sticky quality that most sweet blends have. Instead I am left feeling light, cool, and rejuvenated... like I've been sucking on a candy cane out in the snow.

Dry: This scent becomes much gentler once it dries down. Instead of the bright scent of peppermint stick, I am left with the mild herbal scent of peppermint tea. This oil is still refreshing, but it becomes much more subtle, even delicate, at this point. The scent is definitely soothing and comforting, like wrapping up in a warm blanket on the couch with a steaming mug in your hands.

This would be a wonderful oil for a sick child (or a sick adult). It calms my headaches and works wonders on tummy troubles. This scent is perfect when I want to wear something light and simple. I can't emphasize how much I love this stuff!

Bottle (Imp): Well, huge shock though this may be, this smells like peppermint.

Just On: Winterfresh gum. I love this scent.

An hour or two later: Oh yes, this smells much like peppermint. I bet that surprises you enormously.

Around 6 hours: Light peppermint candies.

12 hours: Barely there peppermint whiff.

Overall: Absolutely wonderful peppermint. Completely true, and just lovely. Gives my skin a bit of a tingle, in a good way.

After reading other reviews: Wow, I can't believe more folks haven't reviewed this. It's peppermint, through and through, and achingly lovely.

I recieved a sample of this from the very generous OriginalWacky when I visited her in Erie, and so I felt duty bound to review it :P

Wet, dry, dry down, this stays a lovely, fresh peppermint smell. It is really quite strong, too... a little goes a long way. It is a very relaxing scent. I tried putting just a dab on each wrist the other night when I was having trouble sleeping, and I swear, it scented the whole room.... It's a real shame that it has been discontinued.

As for staying power, I would estimate that it lasted about 4-5 hours on me, which is pretty good as my skin simply devours most oils.

119784694.jpg

BPAL blends which include Peppermint single note as one of it's ingredients:

Spooky. At this point in time I'm unsure whether "radioactive" or "winter mint" and other descriptions are meant to assume peppermint or spearmint, etc. When I identify this I will edit and add.

In the bottle

bright mint

On

Wow this is some kinda good mint. It's nto sweet like mouthwash, nor is it to bitter or peppery.

As I'm smelling it, it really clears up the sinuses in the most gentle but marvelous way. Good throw too. This is a perfect specimen of peppermint.

30 minutes

It's still there which is good but it isn't as bright.

Throw:

more than average

Scent category:

Herbal

Summary

Oh this is lovely, it's a fine choice for aromatherapy too just by itself. It seems to promote energy.

Purchase again?

Yes! A 10 ml

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

Well, since I am about to part with all of my much sought after and hard won Single Notes from BPAL, I thought that before they go, I would do some reviews.

Imp: Tarted, won in Ebay auction

This Peppermint is one of the most beautiful I have ever smelled! All I have done is sniff the imp and the headache that has been my morning wake up call for close to a month seems to want to lift off of the top of my head! I have used Peppermint oil for years, to alleviate headaches and this one feels cool in my nostrils and a little sweet, like a candy mint. It is beautiful and I hate to part with it, but now that I have sniffed it to compare, I will pass it on. It is really lovely and whomever gets it next, I am sure will appreciate its power. :-)

I'm not generally someone who cares for minty scents... I like lighter/sweeter mints like spearmint, but peppermint is generally too sharp for me.

First on, this is very crisp peppermint. It's cool and it's making my wrists tingle (pleasantly) where I applied it. I'm not crazy about the actual smell, but I feel a lot better when I'm wearing this. I've been running a fever and getting horrible migraines... and this has really helped to alleviate those pains.

I'll probably use up my whole imp this month (I always get sick when winter first rolls in).

Peppermint - Yep, this is the mint I don't like -- or at least one of the mints I don't like. It is fresh and crisp initially and reminds me a lot of the mint in Lick It, but then it quickly takes on the "cat pee" odor that I smell in Shattered and Ultraviolet. Under normal circumstances, "cat pee" isn't an odor I prefer to wear on my body, so I think this one is off to the swaps.

I bought this imp a year ago and it is a true shame that I have not reviewed it till now.

In imp: Peppermint oil, the pure kind that my grandmother uses to keep the mice away. A scent that I grew up with, loved, and will always cherish. :P

Wet on skin: OMG clears my sinuses. :D I used this while I had a cold last year....best stuff ever! Cleared my sinuses, eased some of my suffering and helped me breathe!! :D

Drydown: Light peppermint candy scent. :D I love it. :D

Huge blast of peppermint - you know the kind that you have in peppermint candy.

Unfortunately, my skin eats this up like no ones business.

ETA: So straight from the bottle, I think the mint lasts a lot longer than originally. But yes, this is sweet peppermint. Like from the Lick It and Lick It Again incarnations. Sweet peppermint, cool mint. No icy blasts.

Edited by zankoku_zen