Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

The Temptation

An expression of love, adoration, and desire, of beauty that transcends mortal desire and piques the interest of hell itself: attar of rose, calla lily, palmarosa, peach blossom, wisteria, rice flower, and black musk.

This one is a very feminine blend. It combines some of my favorite elements like peach and lilies with a musk, but there's that rosy overlay that I'm not too fond of. When I first applied it, it was a very 'perfumey' blend but it's calmed down noticeably since then. Edited by zankoku_zen

This was a pleasant enough perfume on me nice and sweet but it had hardly any throw and it faded very quickly. I'll give this a bit more of a go but unless it stops pulling the disappearing act on me i want be buying a bottle.

in vial: mild perfume

wet: sweet and fresh. smells somewhat like fresh fruits.

dry: this smells like a soft fruity floral. It is really nice.

The Temptation is as lovely and elegant as Diana Ross. It is predominantly lily with a bit of peach. Unfortunately it pulls a "Baby, Baby, Baby Don't Leave Me" all too soon.

I could have sworn there was apple in this, maybe it has something to do with the name. The Temptation smells like a fruity apple alcoholic drink, I think it's called Sour Puss. I really get a tropical floral as well, probably the cala lily. The apple scent is probably the peach, which usually doesn't work for me. Thankfully the rose is staying at bay. I'm not one for tropical, fruity scents, so this one is off to swaps.

I'd like to add, that this is smelling more and more like Tiki Queen. If you are fans of TQ, or just wanted to know what it smelled like, this is almost a dead ringer.

Edited by milo

At first sniff, I exclaimed, "Peaches and cream!" Which is funny, because I had just been trying to think of a peaches and cream blend. Tamora comes close, but it's more foody, less floral than this scent. The peach blossom is the most prominent note, followed by the Calla lily and other creamy, fresh florals. I can't pick out the rose or black musk, and I'm not sure about some of the other notes such as palmarosa. A flirtatious, happy combination of fruit and flower -- tempting me to buy a 5ml.

Edited by tinyvulture

Very soft and pretty. The scent of peach blossom is strong, but I can also smell fresh, white flowers as well. It's very nice, I'm glad I got this as a frimp or I would have never tried it!

Something creamy and peachy. The creamy element smells completely foreign and I'm guessing that is the rice flower, since I know what all the other notes smell like. This is utterly lovely! However, like all the Lab's fresh, light florals, it fades far too quickly.

Another thing, too... this perfume isn't so much evocative of a sinful love affair than it is a virginal blushing bride or something like that!

Imp: A clean peach scent

Wet: A clean, refreshing, green, peach scent. Very crisp.

Drydown: The florals become apparant. They are very well blended and are very mild. This is a very pretty, feminine scent.

Overall: This is such a "sweet" scent. Not cloying sweet, but sweet as in innocent. I think the poster above said, "blushing bride". That's a perfect description of the visual of this scent. This will be great as a spring-summer scent. :wub2:

The scent that this one leaves is soft, floral and lingering, but it fades so quickly I can't enjoy it for long! Maybe that's the whole point? :think: Either way, it doesn't have much throw at all. Maybe my chemistry just doesn't amp it well.

Edited by sirensea

This was a freebie, but I kind of like it...

It's in the same vein than The Zieba Tree, at least in the wet stage... I guess it must be the peach blossom...

But then, it becomes softer... the peach blossom calms down a tad, and the other florals comme out to play. They are rather soft, and creamy...

Pastel coloured...

This smells like one of those frou-frou skirts women wore in the 19th century in France...

It's kind of inocent at the first, like saying, I'm not a harlot... and then, if you sniff a little more, it says... "but, if you are nice enough to me, I can take you places you've never been"..

I really like this scent, even if after the peachy note fades, I can hardly pintpoint any other notes...

But it's a nice, soft floral... not heavy at all...

I think I kind of like it more, than The Zieba Tree, that was somewhat sweeter...

Bottle worthy, very wearable in summer...

May order a bottle next spring... or for wearing when I go to bed...

Imp: soft and sweet. I get the wisteria and some musk

Wet on Me: musk, wisteria, rose and rice flower

Drying Down: this rose is really fighting to take over and dominate this for me. The wisteria, rice flower and peach blossom are giving it a run for its money. There is a scent war on my wrist and black musk went into a fox hole and is not coming out!

Dry: the rose lost the war. This is light and sweet floral.

This never really blossomed on my skin for some reason :( Just stayed barely there and possible sweet ? The next day though, there was a nice lingering scent almost like skin musk that was faint but pleasant. Late bloomer, I guess.

In the imp: I smell peach blossom and wisteria.

Wet: Please don't turn to rose on me... I can still smell peach so that's good.

Dry: Still not getting any rose. Yay! This is a lovely sweet, peachy floral.

Edited by redderz

For me, the best blends that Beth makes don't morph. They don't have super strong notes. They just are. And this is definitely one of them. The only thing that really stands out is the peach blossom, but I can sense how the other notes come into play. It's soft, light, floral, and slightly creamy. Really lovely, girly, and summery. I love it.

In vial: sweeeet, creeeamy peach and flowers. Nice!

Wet on skin: light, sweet and extremely pretty. I adore rice flower (Tamamo-No-Mae is possibly my absolute favourite scent), and it's definitely here. Black musk forms a sexy backdrop for peach and soft florals and it's a very rounded scent - nothing sharp here.

Dry on skin: this is the peach blossom note from Kindly Moon. I would definitely recommend fans of Kindly Moon and Tamamo-No-Mae to test this as a potential GC alternative once the precious runs out!

Second day slathering: to start with this is acceptable but not amazing, but the drydown is wonderful! Yay for rice flower and musk! May well need a bottle of this!

This is soooo beautiful!

Wet -- at first it is mostly lily. For the first few minutes I don't care for it much.

As it Dries -- The peach blossom comes out. This is peach, but a light, fluffy kind of peach. The lily calms down and combines well with the peach.

Dry -- I think I can recognize rice flower here, that creamy pale flower scent... it all adds up to a creamy, soft, peach and lily scent that is just indescribably lovely. I don't notice the rose in this blend.

I can smell it with my wrists down at my sides so there is some throw. It lasts about three hours on me but my skin eats scent.

Edited by Myrrha

Peachy and floral. I love it. It's a really nice floral scent with a small amount of fruitiness to balance it out. Later after drying, the rose comes out more and it's a very fresh rose scent, like smelling a just opened blossom up close. I picture myself wearing this while at the beach.

The problem is that it doesn't last that long. I had to reapply at least 3 times throughout the work day, but I kept reaching BACK for this imp instead of trying the back up imp that I brought to test. I want to smell like this all day, but I want others to smell it too and I don't want to have to bathe in it. I will keep the imp definitely but will need more time (and testing) before I decide to buy a bottle of this one.

I almost didnt even test this little keeper. I put it aside, and only later looked up the notes. Honestly, it was the musk that made me test it. THe musk was stonrg on me at first, not dark but the deep fuzzy almost powdery musk (which I like) -- I kept smelling something fresh, and told myself I would have to go look up the notes again, because I couldnt tell what I was smelling. I only had the black musk in my head, and had totally looked over everything else. ANd then I kept sniffing! A keeper, a little gem! I think its the peach blossom I keep smelling, but its not juicy peach, its very cool. I didnt get any rose at all, but maybe the other florals are whats keeping this in the cool range. Its going to stay an imp, but that imp is staying in my box!

Mmmm... Floral without being sickly sweet and cloying.

This one doesn't seem to morph on me. The way it smells in the imp is pretty much how it smells wet and dry on my skin. It's nice :D But I wish it had more throw.

I get the peach and rose when wet. When this dries the peach wins. Maybe a little bit of a floral ,or perhaps the rice flower, but a soft sweet peach smell.

In the imp I can smell the lily and musk and not much else. On me it doesn't change much, but there's definitely a fruity smell, just not peaches. I think someone else said this smelled like apples to them? It certainly smells like apples to me, but overall the whole thing is very soft and faint. It tends to stick around a little longer than some of the other 'soft' scents I've tried, but it's so subtle I barely know it's there.

:::THE TEMPTATION:::

This is the fragrance of an iconoclast wearing a black cocktail dress and carrying a clutch-purse.

She is brutally brunette...

She turns to appraise you over her right shoulder, looks you up and down, bats her lashes, turns back around, and spells out your undoing with the nape of her neck...

Aside from the Rose and the Musk, the Labs notes on the Temptation are unfamiliar, making them indistinguishable from one another, yet leaving a very distinct impression that this fragrance was not only skillfully constructed, but accurately named.

A mercilessly seductive fragrance for her...

5/5!

In the imp: Gentle sweetness, the peach note is out in front.

Wet: Peachy florals, with something almost creamy in the background.

Dry: I'm finding it difficult to pick out notes now, but it's all floral.

Verdict: It's pretty, but nothing about it stands out. The imp is enough.

This must be the first one I've tried where the rose does not jump out. At all. I'm thrilled.

I haven't much gone for fruity or floral scents, but something about this one (maybe the musk?) is completely saving it. I also seem to get a hint of apple among the fruits, and the florals are just a fantastic blend with no threat of going "old lady."

Sadly, it fades on me in record time. I'd be curious to try it with a scent locket or something to see if I could draw out the scent a bit longer.