Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Blue Moon Update: Now Live

Lab update days are just the best days! But I must admit, I was gutted to read the notes of Blue Moon. With all due respect to Beth and her remarkable abilities as our Lab Goddess, I don't like cucumber, juniper or bay. POOH!

But all was not lost, there was something wonderful to replace it so I ordered up a 5ml of Lughnasdh and a set of imps in

Shattered

Honey

Intrigue

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

Regan

Alice

This is my last, I repeat last order until the Harvest Moon release date (that will be for my birthday order) and then that's my very last order until my Crimbo/Wedding Anniversary order!

My two pending orders should be on the way by next week, according to Nella. I'm so exicited!

Edited by andrabell

:P It's just a small order, really...just a few 10mLs...not so much as you'd notice! :D

I ordered 10mLs of Blue Moon, June Gloom, O, and Embalming Fluid.

Don't you admire my restraint? :D

Did you hurt your knee doing the Emu dance?

Boots

Thanks, I can't wait, this is MoonMouse and my second order ever. oir first was in late May, so it should be getting here soon (YAY) *more emu happy dance* And to answer your question no I think I hurt it working out on monday then I went to belly dancing class on Wednesday and tweeked it again. So I've got to be a bit more careful. But I can not wait till this order comes in, naither can Moonmouse. Who's out of town at the moment that's why I placed the order for both of us.

This is my 4th order since May 17th.  I must be love sick.

Don't feel bad, Red Hot Mama - the giant update updated with limited editions updated with lunar scents and goodies has led me to a record FOUR ORDERS IN SEVENTEEN DAYS.

I could justify and tell you it's not as bad as it sounds, and that three of them have been fairly small orders, and that my mother has discovered Old Morocco and had to have some, but there's no point. In my recent quandry regarding whether to keep working full time while going to school, or to go to school only and with excessive hour permission, having money for BPAL was in the upper middle of the prioritized list of things to consider before making a decision.

I am such an addict. :P

And damn it, I'm delighted to be!! :D

So, Blue Moon sounds like it will be a green/foresty scent? I looked up some of the notes and that's what it seems like to me, though I'm not for sure.

I don't think it's for me, unfortunately. ((

Just curious: Are most people planning on using Blue Moon as a perfume oil or are some buying it strictly for ritual? I'm planning on the latter and wasn't really thinking about wearing it. Hmmm....

It depends on how it smells I guess. IF it works with my chemistry, I'd probably wear in on occasion. But I purchased it .. as well as Lughnassadh, really for ritual/magickal use.

Yeah, both of the Limited Edition ones don't really sounds like ones to wear but more for rituals, which I why I think I'm deciding to not buy them.

I ended up ordering a 5ml of Blue Moon, a 5ml of Old Morocco, and imps of Kali, Djinn, Alecto, Kuang Shi, Bacchanalia, and Fae. I had a hard time limiting myself to just that, but the budget kinda helped. I really wanted to order some single notes, though. Maybe next month. I really would have like to have gotten June Gloom and Havisham, but I'm afraid I'll be allergic to the first, and both of them seem like floral dominated blends, which I don't do so well with.

And I think I will end up wearing Blue Moon, depending on how it smells. I'm sure I'll also use it for ritual work. I'm not sure how I feel about the Juniper and the Bay notes, but the rest of it sounds yummy, and those first two aren't any of my "can't have" scents. So... Hopefully it'll be something I can wear, and if not, I'm sure I'll love it anyhow.

I sent in a mondo order. I decided to go ahead and replace some of my favorite oils that are getting a bit low and order a good supplie of imps that should see me through the fall and hopefully until the holidays except for a couple of limited editions along the way.

I also ordered for a couple of girls at work, so it is a huge order and I hope it doesn't send Beth over the edge trying to fill it. This is what we ordered:

10ml - Blue Moon

5ml - Voodoo

Dragons Milk

Black Dahlia

Snake Oil

Jezebel

Three Witches

Sin

Lughnasadh

Imps - The unicorn Blood Lotus

Incantation Mystery

(2)Tushnamatay Midnight

Kostnice Megeara

Aizen-Myoo Queen of Sheba

Wanda Masabakes

Titiana Old Amsterdam

Dana Oshee Phantom

Twilight Cathedral Arcana

come to me van van

water of notre dame wrath

Kabuki Snake Oil

(2) Tushnamatay Wilde

Desire Intrigue

Blood La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

And I do have to admit :P ...that at least half the order is mine.

How I use Blue Moon will depend on how the scent interacts with my chemitry, but at least I'll use it for ritual/magickal purposes.

Edited by chai_girl

How I use Blue Moon is really going to depend on how it smells on me. I'll definiately be using some during my blue moon rituals, but if it smells wonderful on me and makes me feel all "special" (like a blue moon is!), I'll wear it out :P

I bought a 10ml of Blue Moon so I could use it for rituals, so it should last a while. But if it works with me I may wear it to the open circles I go to sometimes.

Though it seems as if I'm in the minority here, I buy all of my oils for wearing and not for ritual/magick work. I realize some of them are probably good for that, but I like wearing unique scents, so if I like it, I wear it. I'm pretty lucky with body chemistry. I got both Blue Moon and Lugnasadh, so if I don't happen to love them, I figure I can swap them.

As far as the notes in Blue Moon, I thought it sounded unique, but yummy. The bay and juniper might only be very light. I love orchid and galbanum on me and I think the poppy, wood aloes, moonflower and buttercup sound lovely. I also LOVE orris.........orris rocks!! Beth is the master of blending and I'm sure I'll be able to wear this!!! The power of positive thinking.

I wonder if Beth did just make them for magick/ritual work though? I have been wearing all of the Tarot Oils and Celestials and like most of them.

ETA: I absolutely love Luna and The Moon (Tarot).....so that's why I ordered a 10 of blue moon, although it sounds nothing like either of those.

Edited by lorajc

How I use Blue Moon is really going to depend on how it smells on me.  I'll definiately be using some during my blue moon rituals, but if it smells wonderful on me and makes me feel all "special" (like a blue moon is!), I'll wear it out :P

same. I'm pretty much that way with any oil that could easily double for ritual purposes (celestials, tarots. etc.) If I like the way they smell on me and their energy doesn't interfere with how I feel, I'll wear it whenever the urge strikes me.

Anyway my order was

2 5 ml bottles of Blue Moon

2 5 ml bottles of Lughnasadh (1 of both of those is for Karyn)

1 5 ml bottle of Havisham

1 5 ml bottle of Kali

3 sets of imps: Swallow's Blood, Blood Rose, Intrigue, Judgment, Ace of Cups, Temperance, Sloth, La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente, Circe, Naiad, Swank, Luna, Mars, Leo, Sagittarius, Akuma, Thanatopsis, and The Raven.

I ordered all of the LE scents this time (June Gloom was in my previous order), even though some didn't sound like my usual taste. I figure if I don't like them, they'll be easy to swap or sell and I hate that I stupidly missed out at Yule! Not making that mistake this time. :D

i ordered-

5 ml bottle of Blue Moon and a 5 ml bottle of Lughnasadh

i could just POP! :P

xoxo

vige

I think I must be the last to order my Blue Moon fix :D I got called into work early today so had to order when i got home @ 11pm Central time.

So i got:

Blue Moon 5ml

Lughnasadh 5ml

and 3 imps to try out: Shattered, Intrigue & La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

I had to restrain myself from getting anymore..considering the fact that I havent even recieved my first two orders yet :D If this is madness, then so be it! :P

Peace.

I ordered 10mLs of Blue Moon, O, Embalming Fluid, and June Gloom.

I fully intend upon wearing Blue Moon if it smells good on me...I don't tend to do much ritual work, so I rarely (if ever) have the need to use a ritual oil, but I guess if I felt the need to I would also use the preciousss in that context.