Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Blue Moon Update: Now Live

Bits copied from the Shiny & New section of the site:

Site update: 17 June 2004, 12.01am: Dark Moon.

Can you believe it? We're only three weeks behind on shipments. It may not seem so, but it really is an amazing feat. Brian constantly updates our shipped-through info in this thread on the BPAL Forums, so if you want to know if your order has gone out, that's the best place to start.

Nella, our Customer Service Goddess, Facilitator of Client Pleasure and High Lady of Answers will be out of town for the next thirty days. In the meantime, Brian and I will do our best to get back to everyone in a timely manner. Please be patient, as, for the next [long, harrowing] thirty days of her absence [yes, we are again short-staffed], we may be a bit swamped and pressed for time. I assure you, we will try our hardest to provide you with the quality of service and all-around love that she has shown you in her emails.

On with the new scents... two Limited Edition, two for the permanent collection:

LIMITED EDITION: A LITTLE LUNACY

BLUE MOON --

How often does the bright moon come?

With wine, I ask the blue sky.

The Heavily Palace, I wish to return there, riding the wind,

But fear that in the high places of jade halls and eaves,

I cannot fend off the cold. Rising to dance with my clear shadow,

Scarcely believing that I among men,

I turn around the red lacquered pavilions,

Dip below the silken-curtained windows,

Shine on the sleepless.

Let there be no regrets,

What else is always so full at the time of parting?

Men have sorrow and joy and farewell and union.

The moon has clouds and clear skies,

Waxing and waning.

Perfection is rare since days of old,

So wish only that the years be long,

To share beauty even across a thousand miles.

-- Su Shih

The spirit of the full moon is capricious, intense and passionate, yet still distant, aloof and cold. Luna herself governs glamours, bewitchments and dream-work, innocent wonder, transient pleasure and delight, the Moment, impulse, mystery and veils. The Blue Moon is one of her rarest manifestations, and this scent is formulated to encapsulate her most complex and profound nature:

Mugwort and bay, for psychic sensitivity…

Juniper, for divination through dreams…

Orchid and galbanum, for complexity, wisdom and noscere…

… with a potent lunar-charged blend of poppy, calamus, orris, wood aloes, moonflower, cucumber, and pale creeping buttercup.

LIMITED EDITION: SABBAT

LUGHNASADH -- The first of the year's Harvest Festivals. Lughnasadh represents a rest from toil and a time of reflection. Fertility magick is practised, as is agricultural magick used to ensure a bountiful Autumn harvest. The holy day is named after the Celtic deity Lugh, God of Skill in All Things, Patron of the Arts and Sciences. Though he and Rosmerta, his consort and the Goddess of Nature, are venerated at this time, the holy day was created out of respect for his foster mother Tailtiu, one of the Earth-Goddesses. Though she was a Lady of the Fir Bolg, she was a good, loving and honorable being, and cared for Lugh well. After her people were defeated by the Tuatha Dé Danann she was forced to clear a vast forest for the purpose of planting grain, and sadly, she perished from exhaustion in the process. The Hill of Tailte in Ireland was named in her honor, and legend states it was there that the first festival of Lughnasadh took place. To some outside of the Celtic mythos, this holy day also marks the annual death of the Sun God or the God of the Grain. The holiday is celebrated with contests of skill and cunning, feasting, oath-making, and agricultural competitions.

In addition, two new scents have been added to Bewitching Brews as part of our permanent collection:

BEWITCHING BREWS

INTRIGUE -- A sultry, exotic scent that inspires devious plotting and clandestine affairs. It is a scent painted in artifice, veiled in deceit, and slithering with whispered secrets. Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes.

LA BELLA DONNA DELLA MIA MENTE -- Inspired by Oscar Wilde's poem. Soft, lush myrtle and dry, sweet melilot with wild rose, pomegranate juice and peach blossom against a background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes.

A reminder: Blue Moon will be available til midnight tomorrow.

They do sound amazing :P If only blimmin' paypal would let me connect! Why oh why does it keep timing out!?

cos everyone's hopped on it to send money to beth :P

and i'd like to make an announcement: i think this is the first update we've managed to have go live immediately in the search engine

...of course, that's because i obessively stayed up to buy a bit of a blue moon :D

Awesome! I hadn't been on the BPAL boards today, so I didn't know about the early update OR the extra scents, but I just visited the BPAL website and there they all were! :P What a great surprise.

Any chance of you letting us know some of the notes in the Lughnasadh Limited Edition, Elizabeth? Or is it top secret? Of course I'll buy it anyway :D , but I'm curious to know.

LOL congrats Kate! (and you too Beth :P). Just posted my ordered in quickly. Glad you decided to open the ordering at midnight because I was hoping to catch a bottle of havisham (I hope I did? CCNow let me buy it, though you said hours ago there were only 3 5 ml bottles left *crosses fingers*). Intensive planning didn't save me from last minute impulse buys unfortunately. What I save by not making impulse orders, I blow by tacking on items at the last minute. Ah well, at least I can take some comfort in that some of the order was for Karyn.

cos everyone's hopped on it to send money to beth :P

and i'd like to make an announcement: i think this is the first update we've managed to have go live immediately in the search engine

...of course, that's because i obessively stayed up to buy a bit of a blue moon :D

It works from work even though it didn't work from home! Sorted :D

Yay!

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!! yesssssss, the order is being processed :P :D Now I am happy to live in Europe, it's a bright morning here :D

Yay! Its gone through paypal

:P

*dances happy dance*

So's mine! Whee! :D

Okay, I just placed my order through paypal. Should have gone to bed a couple hours ago, but what the hey, I couldn't resist. Here's what I got:

2-5ml's Blue Moon

1-5ml Lughnasadh

1-5ml Faustus

1-imp's ear 6-pack of:

*Intrigue

*La Bella Donna Mia Mente

*Marie

*Old Kyoto

*Old Rome (these are the only 2 Wanderlust blends that I haven't yet tried)

*Vixen

Gloat gloat gloat! :P What did you all get?

Okay, I just placed my order through paypal. Should have gone to bed a couple hours ago, but what the hey, I couldn't resist. Here's what I got:

2-5ml's Blue Moon

1-5ml Lughnasadh

1-5ml Faustus

1-imp's ear 6-pack of:

*Intrigue

*La Bella Donna Mia Mente

*Marie

*Old Kyoto

*Old Rome (these are the only 2 Wanderlust blends that I haven't yet tried)

*Vixen

Gloat gloat gloat!  :P What did you all get?

10ml: Blue Moon

5mls:-

Dormouse (for my sister's birthday - it was my childhood nickname for her!)

Intrigue

Lughnasadh

Intrigue

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

I asked in the paypal notes for an email to confirm that the order's been received safe and sound... I know that's probably me being paranoid and I feel bad about causing extra work, but I get all twitchy when I hear I couldn't order Blue Moon again until 2007!

Edited by clephan

I just ordered too.

Wish I had PayPal. :D I hate the thought of CCnow taking so much of the profits.

But the only other alternative was to fly to LA tomorrow and give Beth the cash.

It would have been fun though, especially after seeing the pictures...

I'd better go to bed before I get myself in trouble here. :P

Boots

I get all twitchy when I hear I couldn't order Blue Moon again until 2007!

I know! :P That's why I ordered 2 bottles.

I get all twitchy when I hear I couldn't order Blue Moon again until 2007!

I know! :D That's why I ordered 2 bottles.

LOL! You know, I didn't even *think* to do that. 10ml should do me for a long, long time though, I'm pretty sparing with the iol :P

I just ordered too.

Wish I had PayPal.  :D  I hate the thought of CCnow taking so much of the profits.

But the only other alternative was to fly to LA tomorrow and give Beth the cash.

It would have been fun though, especially after seeing the pictures...

I'd better go to bed before I get myself in trouble here.  :P

Boots

I agree with you Boots I hate that too. Maybe if I get a job I'll set up a Pay pal, but this is what Moonmouse and I got

Blue Moon 10ml

Titania - 5ml

Imps:

Chimera, Circe, Dragon's Milk, Eve, Fae, Naiad, Nyx, Persephone, Scherezade, Veil, Les Fleurs du Mal, Black Dahlia, Bordello, Jezebel, Queen Of Sheba, Seraglio, Wanda, Baobhan Sith, Fenris Wolf, Sacred Whore of Babylon, Szepasszony, Lady MacBeth, Old Morocco, Love Me

Well that's all I can get until the New Lunacy Oil comes back out at the end of July. Now i'm going to ice my knee and get some sleep.

I agree with you Boots I hate that too. Maybe if I get a job I'll set up a Pay pal, but this is what Moonmouse and I got

Blue Moon 10ml

Titania - 5ml

Imps:

Chimera, Circe, Dragon's Milk, Eve,  Fae, Naiad, Nyx, Persephone, Scherezade, Veil, Les Fleurs du Mal, Black Dahlia, Bordello, Jezebel, Queen Of Sheba, Seraglio, Wanda, Baobhan Sith, Fenris Wolf, Sacred Whore of Babylon, Szepasszony, Lady MacBeth, Old Morocco, Love Me

Well that's all I can get until the New Lunacy Oil comes back out at the end of July. Now i'm going to ice my knee and get some sleep.

YOu guys ordered some great stuff!

My order was very tiny. :P

We all have really good stuff to look forward to!

Did you hurt your knee doing the Emu dance?

Boots

Wow, the new descriptions sound great, Beth. :P I'm sorely disappointed by the fact that I haven't the money for the Blue Moon, so I'll be missing out on that one...but, I must admit, I'm consoled by the description for La Bella Donna Mia Mente. That sounds great. :D

I was anxiously awaiting the Blue Moon scent so the fact that it went live at 12:00 am and there were 3 other scents to buy, made me very pleased. I bought a 10 ml of the Blue Moon and 5 mls of La Bella Donna Mia Ment, Lughnasdh, Intrigue. I wanted to get Tiger Lily, but ran out of money :P

Wouldn't it be really GREAT if Beth posted all of the Lunar scents at midnght? I love being able to get mine before I leave for work. I can't possibly concentrate at work wondering if I'm going to be able to get my oil when I get home. Priorities!!!!

I think I need an intervention. I just spent more than I can really afford on oils. I only meant to get Blue Moon, but ended up buying bottles of Lughnasadh and Havisham as well as a bunch of imps. I'm trying to tell myself it's an early birthday present, as if I won't buy myself anything else before then.

I have no willpower when it comes to shopping. :P

I think I need an intervention. I just spent more than I can really afford on oils. I only meant to get Blue Moon

Oh YES!

I ordered 10 ml Blue Moon, 5 mls of Lughnasadh & Black Rose (I kept forgetting to add that one).

Imps of Shattered, Regan, Ulalume, Arcane, Kostnice & La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente.

This is my 4th order since May 17th. I must be love sick.

I just put in an order for a 5ml of Blue Moon. This is my smallest order ever and it took a HUGE amount of restraint to not go crazy and order a ton more...there's so much more that I want. Bills are a bitch...I hate them!! :P

Great update, Beth... I am always astounded at the new blends that you put out - your ideas are endless! :P