Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
finecurvedhips

Lick It Again

Lick It Again

Every holiday season should be full of lewd suggestions and filthy double entendres, right? This is a new take on last year’s Lick It – a peppermint candy cane with an extra jolt of sugar.

Mentholly sharp, sweet peppermint that gets softer and a soft buttery vanilla note comes into play. This is beautiful, I've had a big grin on my face ever since I opened that bottle and got my first whiff of sweet candy cane.

Edited by Shollin

I'm reviewing an imp that was dropped off by a friend, so I don't have the original Lick It to compare. On me, they're pretty similar. Wet, Lick It Again is one of those round red and white stripey mints. Dry, it's the same mint, but tempered by a smooth vanilla, although the vanilla does seem to have a more cookie-like quality than the vanilla in Lick It did.

If I didn't already have a full bottle of the first Lick It, this would definitely fulfill all my pepperminty-vanilla needs. And I have many pepperminty-vanilla needs, so that's saying a lot.

Oh God Yes

So yeah I obviously like it so I'll try to be a bit more articulate on the subject. I raced home because I knew it was waiting for me in my mailbox and immediately opened it. First sniff was pure peppermint candy. Yum so far! On, the peppermint mellowed slightly and gave way to the sugary goodness underneath. Amazingly it then turned into Underpants! Musky, sexy sandalwood with a generous smear of frosting. At first I thought it was just me (13 did the same thing) but it seems I'm not the only one! Could there be a bit of sandalwood hidden in this blend? So yes, on my wrists it's now almost completely Underpants with just a tiny jolt of mint. I tried it all over (because yay I loved it) and I'm getting way different reactions in different areas. All of them are tingling but some areas (like the crook of my arm and boobs) are holding the mint while others are definitely Underpants. So awesome!

What an amazing scent! And I'm also having to hold myself back from licking. Bad Jessie!

Thank you to the lab for this one! I will be stocking up before they disappear for sure. :P

Lick It Again - I'm not a big fan of mint notes in general, but somehow, combining mint with that "extra jolt of sugar" really does it for me. This is such a fun scent. It's nose-tinglingly bright and minty, and it's ultra-sweet -- way more than last year's Lick It. The sugar doesn't work well on my skin and smells a bit artificial, like plastic, but that's not going to keep me from using this in my scent locket when I need a scent to wake me up in the morning and get me going. It'll also be well-loved by my oil burner. My house is going to smell so delightful if I use this scent to get our home ready on Christmas morning. Yum! The throw on my skin is light and the staying power is about average.

Wow this one smells exactly like a minty canycane on me. The peppermint really clears my sinuses, too! :P

Sadly, this one does not last long. the peppermint is gone within 20 minutes or so. I am left with a slightly sweet, creamy scent which I like but am not sure if it is worth keeping. I will have to think about this one, since it is so lovely to start out with. Perhaps it will work better in a lotion or some other bath item...

I absolutely adore Lick It. I have a small stash of it. It aged so beautifully- initially it was all white sugar and blinding peppermint. As it aged this amazing sort of musky/foody undertone took over, and the mint bumped down a notch in intensity. Lick It Again smells like a 6 month old Lick It- not quite as yummy and foody as the year old stuff, but getting there. If I could compare a fresh Lick It to Lick It Again, I'd bet LIA was less minty, more foody/sugary smelling, just a bit. But the aged year old LI is so damn good that LIA is not quite there yet. That being said, I'll bet LIA becomes so amazing by next year, I'll have to have some put away. Because I used Lick It obsessively over the hot summer, and I love it when I'm feeling a little queasy- the blast of mint makes my stomach feel better almost always. I've gone through 2 and a half bottles of LI, so I'll be replacing them with LIA for sure.

5 out of 5, awesome to see it back, thanks Beth!

I wasn't expecting to like this but picked it up on a whim. In the imp, it smells like candycanes, and I really don't like strong peppermint. But it quickly settles down into a smooth, creamy vanilla mint and it's absolutely beautiful. Overall it's very soft and I'm resisting an urge to slather, but I will definitely be picking up a bottle before the yule scents disappear.

Very very very sweet candy cane. In a side by side comparison with last year's Lick It, I have a hard time telling them apart, to be honest, but that may be aging, as this does seem a tad sharper and sweeter, and definitely very delish.

Wow, that is some sweet, sugary peppermint! And it's strong--better than coffee for a pick-me-up. I actually vastly prefer this to the original Lick It, and I may need to pick up a backup bottle before it goes away.

Lick It Again smells like Lick It with a lot more peppermint, I don't really get the extra sugar. It does smell exactly like a candy cane but, just like its predecessor, it only lasts about fifteen minutes on me. :P Not worth buying a bottle.

Yep, it's straight up peppermint candy cane. The one with the green and red swirly stripes. I have to restrain myself from licking my wrist. Dry, the peppermint fades into the background and the sugar comes to fore. Bottle-worthy :P.

Oo, my very first review! :P

In the bottle it's very strong peppermint. Very sharp. It's like that when it first goes on too ,but then the sugar pops up right away. I smell like a candy cane! Yummy! Joyfully sniffing my wrist for the first hour or so...got more sugary but the mint was still there. Then forgot about it for a while, went to sniff again in another hour or so and it was very vanilla, not much mint anymore, but still nice. Unfortunately it faded quite a bit after that. :D I love this one, but it does fade fast on me!

Lick It Again- (I tried this one before I got to try the previous year's Lick It.)

In Bottle: Pure peppermint.

Wet: Peppermint but with a hint of vanilla musk. It reminds me a lot of the scent in The Candy Butcher, which I do like a lot.

Dry: This doesn't last quite as long as I'd wish, as far as the peppermint goes, but it's still a very nice scent. The vanilla musk is what lingers longest.

Overall: I like!

(Verdict on differences between Lick It 2005 and Lick It Again 2006: On the dry-down they are similar. I don't notice any long-term difference.)

I used to hate everything with mint in it. I've since calmed down, but am still very picky about trying or buying anything with mint in the description. Lick It Again is, of course, super-minty. It's straightforward candycane. The mint does recede on drying, leaving a lightly vanilla sweet candy scent. The mint never goes away, it just quits screaming.

The oil itself is clear and of a different consistency than I'm used to with BPAL. It seems very thin and doesn't want to coat my skin like most oils do. Not a problem, just something different.

It's just too much mint for me to wear much on my skin, but I'll likely get a bottle to use as a room scent in my classroom. My students loved Creepy, I think Lick It Again will be another big hit.

at first, quite bracingly minty. Once the ZOMGmint has burned off, it's yummy creamy sugar with just a little touch of nose-clearing menthol. I enjoy this, although I'm not sure I need the full 5mL I've got.

the drydown is really nice though... mmm ((inhales 'nilla-y goodness from wrist)) this will be perfect for Christmas party wear. :P

ETA: mmmm :D forget my earlier assessment, i'm totally going to wear through the whole bottle at the rate I'm going. Also, for MB: Underpants lovers -- the drydown to me smells close to how Underpants smells when it's wet (no saffron, but otherwise identical). if you don't care about the cachet of having a supercoveted scent, then this is a good alternative...

Edited by myoubi

Wet: Just like a candy cane. I smell the sugar and the peppermint. Good thing Beth warned us not to lick it.

Drying on skin: My skin absorbs the sugar and I get a focused peppermint that makes me feel awake and alert.

An hour later: I find that the peppermint is almost gone and now all that remains is a sugary vanilla haze of goodness. Oh yeah, that is some excellent vanilla sugar. I need a 5ml of this badly.

So glad I was able to snag an imp of this, because I never would have guessed I would love it this much. Mmmmm. :P

Lick It Again

In the imp: like last year’s sugary mint scent, but with more mint. If Lick It was candy canes, this is Trebor’s Extra Strong mints.

Wet on skin: whoa, this is mint to the max! It smells like I’ve rubbed a Polo on my skin!

Dry: strong, nose-clearing, mind-clearing, bracing mint. This is more like a breath freshening mint than a sugary candy cane, it even has a hint of the slight chalky scent I associate with mint imperials, Polos and Trebors. I smell a hint of sugar but this is really fresh extra strong mints. It’s making my wrist and nose feel so tingly, which I really like.

After a while: the mint scent in here stays a lot longer than the original Lick It, and the cool sensation lasts longer. Can’t wait to try this next time there's a heatwave. Now that the mint has faded a little, I smell a gorgeous vanilla scent with a hint of sugar and something reminiscent of the sandalwood in Underpants, as well as the powdery white mint scent from the start of the scent, which has a mineral feel to it like talc or chalk.

Eventually this turns into a gorgeous, gorgeous, fresh vanilla-musk with a hint of something like white sandalwood and something like the cool mineral note in Black Opal. It’s a little stronger and paler than last year’s and more powdery, but delightful nonetheless. It’s like soft icing sugar dusted on my wrist.

Verdict: at first, it seems to me that this has an extra jolt of mint, not sugar. The mint in here is much more powerful than the original, it’s like those extra strong mints, right down to the white chalkiness of breath mints. (Maybe it should be called ‘Suck It’! :D ) So minty that it makes my skin and nose tingle for a long time, and really does wake me up. The drydown is where the sugary jolt is more apparent-like 05’s version, it dries down to a wonderful soft touched vanilla musk scent, only this time there’s a dusting of white icing sugar, more mint, and the scent is even closer to Black Opal’s powdery vanilla and ‘mineral musk’ scent than last time, thanks to the scent’s chalky aspect. It also seems to have a hint of pale sandalwood or maybe a little caramel, something that makes the scent almost like Underpants. (Hmm, don’t get me started on the layering combo I’m thinking of! :P ) I loved last year’s LI and this year’s is different enough to warrant another bottle purchase-and definitely one to reserve for hotter weather, since this rivals Tulzscha for the title of ‘ultimate tingly-cool BPAL’.

Emoticon rating: :D

Is it a keeper? Yes! I’ll get a bottle, it’s very similar to LI05 so I only need one, it’s perfect for summer.

If you like this, try: Lick It 05, Undertow, Black Opal, Black Ice, Cathode, Antique Lace

Wet in vial: Very similar to '05, but sweeter. Sweet candy cane with tons of peppermint.

On skin: Peppermint and sugar. It's sweeter and less sharp than '05.

Drydown: I had '05 on one wrist and '06 on the other, and they are very alike. The main difference is that '05 maintains its sharp edge whereas '06 is sweet peppermint cream. It's lovely layered with snow-flakes!

If I didn't have a bottle of '05 on the way, I'd buy this; I don't think I need both, though.

Love it. Sharp tingly mint with a touch of vanilla when wet, dries down to a warm sugary vanilla mint, like shamrock shakes. Unfortunately, my skin soaks it right up, and I have to reapply several times a day. Still, I sniff it compulsively while wearing it.

I didn't get to try Lick It, so I can't compare, but I really love this one.

Lick It Again smells like a bottle of peppermint extract used for baking - minty, but sweet and a bit thin, with maybe a hint of alcohol. I put on a much bigger sample than I normally do, but even so, the scent didn't last more than an hour on me. This didn't really give me the Christmas peppermint vibe I was hoping for, alas.

Oh, yum! Love it!

I can't wait to wear this on hot summer days, to cool myself down with the sweet mintiness of it.

On my skin it starts out sharp, perfect peppermint. The boy says "Whoa, so much candy cane!!!"

After a while, it fades down to a hint of mint and creamy sugar. I'll be needing a bottle :P

Origin: decant from a circle

Initial Thoughts: Lick It 2005 is one of my absolute favorite BPALs and I was a bit leery that the formula had been tweaked.

In the Bottle: Light, sweet mint. It could be the difference between vial and bottle, but this one isn't jumping out at my nose the way the original does.

Wet: A candy cane. Very strong, very minty, and at the moment the exact same as the original, down to the chill on my skin.

Drydown: Lick It dries down to a lovely luscious sweet vanilla on me. Lick It Again stays strongly mint and develops a plasticky undertone.

Verdict: I shall hoard my two bottles and keep my eyes out for more 2005 Lick It. 2006 Lick It Again doesn't play well with my skin, though I might use the rest of the decant in scent lockets.

Well, I should have expected it, because it's what all the reviews have said, but: yes, this smells exactly like a candy cane! Fresh, sweet, peppermint (no wintergreen or spearmint, both of which go foul on me). On, it's strong sweet mintiness, like a sticky half-sucked candy cane. As it dries, however, the vanilla comes to the fore, turning into something much softer, something that still has a hint of mint but no longer screams CANDY!!!. While the candy-came stage is really quite lovely and fun, I'm not sure I'd have wanted to smell so much like one on a regular basis. This pretty vanilla-mint, though - this is MUCH nicer. It's a very creamy scent, in texture and in color, for me.

(I haven't tried Lick It, so I can't compare the two, but I can report that if you get it on your lips as you greedily sniff it out of the imp, the peppermint oil definitely tingles! Um, not that I would know anything about that, of course. :P)

This is the reason I love Beth's mint blends. They are as strong after 4 hours and they were at first application.

This is sugary peppermint goodness with just a hint of cream. Yummy!

This blend is more mellow on me that some of the other mints. Maybe it's the vanilla? It is more creamy and sugary than sharp and biting.

Wonderful sweet creamy peppermint, i recently got an imp of this and I love it! I sniff it all the time, but I wouldnt wear it. Just not something I want to wear even though it smells so yummy! So I obsessively sniff and sigh with joy! :P