Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sookster

Slobbering Pine

Dewy, wet, whiplike and sticky.

Wet: Very very sharp, piney, clears my sinuses like a Halls.

Dry: That sharp edge softens and the pine fades away.

Overall: If it would stay at about the 10-minute mark, this would definitely be a bottle purchase, but it just disappears too quickly on me. Very nice smell, though.

hmm, i get nothing pine-y from this at all. i guess this is a carnivorous plant though. this smells like a sugary, slightly watery sweat pea. reminiscent of the mouse's long and sad tale, but more pungent. it's very sweet and candylike. i really don't know what other notes are in this. it's overwhelmingly sweet pea on me. i am surprised that anyone gets pine from this...i am almost wondering whether i have a mis-labeled imp!

Edited by theseagrows

I was confused, because I didn't smell pine from this. But Google tells me that "slobbering pine" is not a pine at all, but a carnivorous plant that lures insects in and traps them with its sweet, sticky dew. Which is pretty much exactly what I smell. It's a little too sweet and floral for me, but I think it will work well on my wife.

Hmm, this is different!

It's not pine-y per say, but very fresh and green (in fact, almost blue, really). It's sweet and sticky and sadly soapy. Not sure this one will stick around much longer. :(

Went on like pine, but turned fruity on me. I smell like raspberry jam. I wonder how this would be if layered with a chocolate scent? I'm hungry!

imp: shampoo, ...and shampoo.

wet on skin: soap, more shampoo, laundry detergent, aquatic, soft. I'm not sure how to describe this so far, other than shampoo. :( I'm hardly smelling anything else.

later: this has calmed down considerably to a soft and mellow wet smell. Very aquatic, and still a little too shower-y smelling for me.

Verdict: meh. not for me. :mellow:

edit: I figured out what smell I was recognizing! On my skin it's very very similar to any sweet pea/floral lotion you'd get from bath and body works!

Edited by Maleficium

I purchased this imp because I am partial to pine tree scents that don't end up smelling of house cleaners.

In the imp: Pine and sweet, sticky sap...

Wet, on skin: Same as in imp

Dry: Wow! This is much different than I expected and pleasantly so! It has bloomed into being mainly a sweet(not cloying or candy-like) smell, with a background of pine with no chemical like after-taste (after-smell?)

This is an uncomplicated, straight forward oil once it dries down. There is not a whole lot going on here and I do understand the sweet-pea that other reviewers are smelling. Overall, I really like it as a day-time casual scent and it would most likely be unoffensive to most people if worn in a professional work-type setting. This is a light scent with an average throw.

I will keep this in rotation for a few days to see if I need a bottle or not.

Wet: Green and fruity.

Drydown: Sweet, juicy, and green.

Dry: Soft, sweet, and blue-green.

It's really hard to describe this one. It's a wet and dewy plant, for sure, but beyond that it's hard to be specific. It's familiar in a non-specific way. I would put it in the category of juniper, eucalyptus, and aloe.

6.5 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

ITI: It smells like there might be a snow or aquatic aspect to this, but the overarching scent is pine.

Wet: Yum! Pungent wet pine, resin, and pitch. If you adore green scents like I do, this is heaven in a bottle. I feel like I’m out in the forst, lying on the mossy undergrowth, looking up at the magnificent pine trees.

Dry: The pine has faded considerably and there’s a touch of a dewiness that has turned somewhat powdery.

:::SLOBBERING PINE:::

At Bat's Day, there was no skimpin' on the Frimpin'. Not this year, by Jingo.

While Rappaccini's Garden hosts some of the most beloved in the GC, this formula, in particular, brought unusual images to mind. The things that, unbidden, came to frolic!

From the Imp: Thus far, this is halfway betwixt a high-gloss, confectionary lozenge and some time well-spent in a chair at the salon. This is haute couture and gossip that is juicy enough for thirteen cavities.No evergreen boughs, not yet. None of the mop-bucketry or the cough drops of previous complainings. Thus far, this one smells rather pleasant if in a decidedly synthetic sort of way.

On the Skin: Here be the Coniferous candy! There seems to be Vetiver sliknking around too, arm in arm with... cherries?

Well, this, in no way resembles this big pine tree with the jingling collar, roots flinging mud all over the carpets that was previously envisioned. This is a magnificent keeper!

A resounding 4.5 out of 5!

Something in this smells artificial and makes me sneeze. Just thought I'd get that out of the way first.

I don't get pine from this at all; rather it brings to mind the sticky stuff left all over your hand after picking pine needles - something I used to do as a child. It's high-pitched and has a menthol quality. There's a slight sweetness to Slobbering Pine that I like, but the menthol element gets stuck in my nose and even my eyes start watering.

After reading some other reviews, I can tell my chemistry just isn't doing this one justice. It's overly simple and allergy-triggering on me.

Oh well.

In the imp: MANLY pine.

Wet: Much more fresh and sweet. The impression that I get is of ~bursts of sunlight filtering through dark trees~.

Dry: Interesting and complex. I get hints of lemon and resins in with the pine. Alas, too manly for me.

while still wet on skin, I thought this was a surprisingly lovely, sparkling pine candy. After giving it a few minutes to dry, I sniffed again and suddenly I placed the smell: purple (grape) Smarties. (internationals note: American Smarties, not the chocolate ones in Canada)

So disappointing! I'd been wanting to try this since it was released, because most pine scents work amazingly on me, especially the sweeter ones (so reviews above made me hopeful). Sadly the dewy wetness must be aquatics, because this is pure headache-inducing Lynx-alike aquatics, I actually scrubbed it off my arm D:

Yep, this is a sticky, dark pine scent. I think this imp may be super aged, so it's not an in-your-face blast of pine, but it definitely is a thick, resinous pine scent.

I'm glad I got to try it, but I am also glad it was not a love since it this was DCed.

In the imp, I weirdly don't get a lot of pine -- instead, I get something sticky-sweet, with pine hanging out in the background. (This imp is pretty aged, so I'm not sure if that's a factor.) Once on, it stays candy-sweet, fruity, and sticky, with the pine amping up just a bit. Not a fresh pine, but thick and sticky.