Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Be good, or Krampus will toss you in a river! Sinister red musk, black leather, dusty rags, and wooden switches.

Red musk and a flash of leather are in the bottle. On, it's leather with a chaser of naughty musk. There's dust, and raw wood, too, like freshly-peeled switches, indeed!

The wood scent dies down a little, and the scent becomes less sweet and more spicy. Leather, dust, and sexed up musk. Oh, baby, you know it turns me on when you talk dirty to me.

The name isn't sexy. The image of a fat red troll dressed in sooty rags and delusions of grandeur isn't sexy. But I will stand on the mountaintops and sing it on high: this is a sexy scent, warm like a spanked bottom and just as playful as it is mean. I like this a lot, and it's going on my "must have" bottles list. Very, very tasty! I suddenly feel like I've been a very bad girl!

"Instrument of Santa's wrath," by the way, is a phrase just as awesome as Squeez Cheez. Edited by Shollin

Krampus was my first purchase and a must have of the Yulies this year. Yeah spank me baby I have been a bad girl! :P

In the bottle: musk, woods, leather, dust, and ... Dragon's Blood? That isn't listed. Maybe it is the leather and musk making me think sweet dragon's blood is in here.

Wet: woods, leather, and dust. Thank goodness the percieved DB went away. DB tends to amp on me to the exclusion of all others, but I think it was musk and leather making out together that made me think it was DB.

Dry down: woods, dust, leather. I am in love with Mr Krampus, and that tongue, yeah baby! ( referenced from the Christmas special of Venture Brothers).

30 minutes: leather, woods, dust, and the musk comes back making this smooth and sexy.

Conclusion: I would like to think that I have developed a BPAL spidey sense and am able to pick out by notes alone what will smell great on me. But I would be mistaken. :D I did however pick the right one in Mr. Krampus. He is da sexxor. Glad I brought him home.

Rating 1-5: on my skin this is a 5.

Krampus *is* sexy! Who knew?

Wet: Lots of red musk and leather, and I can almost smell sawdust in the background.

Dry: Sex. Sex. Sex. Red musk and a flash of leather and woods.

I'd definitely buy a bottle of this for my boyfriend (or myself) if it comes back again this Yule. It would be a fun scent to layer other notes on too.

First Impression: Musk, bitters

Dries down to: It gets quite smoky

Additional Comments: This is a very dry scent. I'd never wear anything that smells like a garage or storage shed but I appreicate the skill involved here.

Lasted: Overnight

Rating: 2 out of 5

Ooh! Red and resinous with a hint of cedar or balsam. Unexpectedly warm and cozy. I was sure this would be dry, dry, dry and sneeze-making. But no!

As it dries, I do get a musty-dusty-old furniture sort of smell..but in a good way. So comforting, this scent.

I so want to layer this with The Red Queen.

..And it lasts! Hours later, I still have this wonderful woodsy musk floating around me. I love this. Oh my.

Who wouldn't love a bottle with a Krampus on it? Initial impression is, it's like mixing Crowley and Aziraphale. I love the way the musk, leather, and woods mix. I'm guessing that faint chalkiness, is the dusty rags. I'm really liking this on me. It's creating a scent ghost of someone bookish, yet secretly kinky. Rawr. I keep sniffing myself. don't buy this is you aren't into the leather/musk/wood combo, because that's pretty much the selling point.

to clarify before i go any further, this is the '07 blend. i know i didn't buy last year's and i don't think i ever even tried it. why'd i buy it this year? i have no idea.

sniffed from the bottle: fireplace - complete with fresh wood and stale ashes.

on skin: quickly becomes something Smut-y with foresty tinges -- but that doesn't last long. within half an hour all that's left is what i guess is the red musk -- which must be one of the musks in Smut -- and maybe the teensiest bit of worn leather (not that fresh, overwhelming leather scent, but the one that remains forever, faintly, on that beat-up leather jacket).

somehow this smells very clean - very honest - to me. i had expected to hate this and instead i find myself considering purchasing another bottle.

KRAMPUS

This is exactly as described: sinister red musk, leather, dust, and wooden switches. It is truly a naughty and mischievous scent! I find it to be gender neutral and it smells great both on me and my man. The red musk and leather are the strongest but I can smell all of the listed notes.

This is the 2007 blend, but I also have tried 2006 and aside from the age difference I don't detect any major differences.

Edited by alicia_stardust

Krampus 2007-

(Last year's blend was fascinating--I loved the dusty smell!)

In Bottle: Hmm. Not sure if it's just like last year's--roasted potato smell, something a little sweet and cloying.

Wet: Oh, there's that dust-and-leather! And the red musk. Hm, I think today is a "not in the mood for red musk" day--it often seems cloying on me--so that's why it feels a little different from the first version. I think it's the same, I do.

Dry: Yeah, this is a "no red musk, please" day--so I won't let that influence my review more than it has to. It's like last year's Krampus, and that's good with me. Roasted potato, red musk, dust and leather.

Overall: A novel scent that I really like.

2007 version

In bottle/imp: Dry, dusty wood and leather.

Immediately on skin: This is a very dry, dusty scent. It’s very sinister and has a dark feel to it. I can smell the wood and the leather very strongly. The musk adds a slight dry sweetness to the blend.

After a few minutes: This hasn’t morphed much… it’s still very dry with the leather and wood coming out the most, and the red musk in the background. It smells like a well-worn leather jacket to me.

Overall Impressions: This scent was exactly what I was expecting: dry, dusty wood and leather. It’s a more masculine scent, but it could definitely be worn by both men and women. It’s just a perfect blend for its name and description.

I am SO glad I ordered this. Because? It smells SEXY. Who knew that I smelled so good in red musk and leather? And just enough wood to lend a nice smoky flavour to it. This is a MUST ORDER MORE RIGHT NOW PLS. Now if only I had a man to slather this on, as well! :P

Edited by ariosa

I am putting this up as a new favorite leather fragrance (right next to my coveted His Station and Four Aces). I love it!

It starts out as strong, smooth musk. It almost feels vintage. The leather smells faded and used, and almost light. It doesn't overpower the other notes. The wood has stayed in the background for the most part. I thought that the wood note might make this overly masculine for me, but it's very subtle. Plus it's so fragrant in and of itself. Mostly though, it's the leather that has me rolling. I adore leather notes, especially this kind of leather note.

This dries down into a dry, soft musk. Only hints of the leather and wood remain. It lasts such a long time. Very, very sexy.

This starts out almost as Pine-Sol, it's so resinous on me. Not wooden switches, but woods oozing pitch. However, once it dries down, the musky leathery notes come out and mellow out the pine/fir note, which drops into the background. It's still strongly reminiscent of wet fir trees, but it's mellow about it. I'm pretty sure it's the red musk in background that reminds me a bit of Fenris Wolf, but not as aggressive. I like it in a similar way to how I like Fenris Wolf.

bottle: mainly musk with a hint of leather.

wet: leather and woods. the musk has, thankfully, remained more tame in the blend.

dry: wow! musky leather and woods. this is going to smell awesome on my husband... :P

(this is for the 2007 version)

Krampus 2007 – Last year’s incarnation of this was, to me, completely swoon-worthy. It was warm and strong and manly and really incredible. I also wore red musks really well back then, but my skin chemistry seems to have changed a lot this year, and I don’t wear red musk as well as I did then, so I don’t know if the change in this blend is due to a change in the makeup of the oils or if it’s due to a change in my skin chemistry. Either way, I don’t care for Krampus so much this year. It’s really red musky and leathery and on me at least, they aren’t blending well and sort of just sits on my skin and smells not-so-great in a fairly unpleasant way. The more I think about it, the more I think my adverse reaction to Krampus this year is due to a change in my skin chemistry, which is a bummer because Krampus ’06 was the surprise hit of the Yule ’06 blends for me.

In the bottle and wet on my skin, Krampus 2007 is intense red musk and wood with some leather. Dry, the musk and wood have settled while the leather is pretty much gone. It's a masculine blend but still one that women can wear. It's not really me but I do like it.

I honestly wasn't expecting to like Krampus 2007 (or any other) but the reviews here gave me the nerve to give it a try. It's just arrived with my third order of Yules and the amazing label art made me try this one first. In the bottle, I got a flash of that wet ashes scent that I hate. Then I tested a tiny bit and it disappeared. Deciding I was going to have to keep it for the bottle art alone, I went ahead and put on more, and I'm very happy indeed...the dust, the wood, and the merest hint of sweetness in the background really makde Krampus appealing, especially for a leather jacket kind of day. Not remotely girly, but yummy just the same.

Another hit from the brilliant labbies!

2007 version.

The only way I wasn't going to like this was if there was too much dust, because I love the other notes. Thankfully this is more Lurid Library's hint of dust rather than Misk Uni's starting to choke me dust.

It starts off with a powerful burst of red musk, followed by leather and then the woods. As it dries the leather fades quite a bit (my skin sometimes does this to leather *sigh*) until it's barely there. However this doesn't disappoint me too much because the musk and woods are soooooo good, along with that sprinkling of dust. It's dry, warm and softens quite a bit after an hour or so, but without fading. It has pretty good throw and last, and as a bonus my partner likes this a lot too (not surprisingly, he loves red musk as much as I do). It's on the masculine side, and more than a bit sexy.

I think this will age particularly well, and I'm considering getting a second bottle.

KRAMPUS 07

In Bottle: Bitter dusty leathery musk

On Skin: This smells almost exactly like last year’s version. Pure dark musky leather. So sexy and naughty. The red musk takes on an almost “blood” note. Seriously, you know the smell of drying blood? I get that here a bit. Not in an awful gross way at all, if anything it just adds to the naughtiness of it all. The sweet musk and leather keep it good in my book. I really loved last years blend and this one just about lives up to it. I think last years was a tad more deep on me, whereas this one is a little dustier. Still, a gorgeous dark and slightly sinister scent. Strong throw and long wearlength.

Just like I was surprised that there were not so many reviews / so much love for Samhainphobia in the Halloween 07 line-up, I am surprised that there's not a lot about Krampus. Maybe it's because everyone's already tried it and made up their mind with previous incarnations. Leave it to me to swoon over the underdog... and holy CRAP I LOVE Krampus. It's my favorite of my 14 Yuletide decants.

There's not much else I say that hasn't already been said... this is THE perfect, sexy, sweltering red musk. One of my most favorite notes ever. Each time I've tested it, I noticed a few different things. The leather wasn't predominate the first time, then it made a strong introduction the second time. It's never overwhelming, and this remains a delicious, sexual, red musk and woods blend. Very dirty, very dusty, very musty. It's like a strange whirlwind mix of a dank Halloween scent and a very malicious Love Potion blend. It really makes my knees weak. I'm thinking two bottles. :P

This scent always makes me smile. The first time I sniffed it, I smelled a flash of red musk and leather, followed by wood, and a lingering whiff of dust. Everything as listed in the notes! It all happened in under a second, but it was distinctly in that order.

This one is quite true to the description. While it's certainly one of the most masculine of the Yules, I feel like this one is distinctly unisex. I suppose because red musk is in so many primarily feminine sexy blends. Red musk isn't very cologne-like to my nose, so I feel this one is very wearable. (I don't care for overtly masculine or cologne-y scents.)

Wet, it's all red musk and rich leather. It's probably the same kind of black leather as in de Sade and similar blends, but here, it actually works for me! A light, fragrant wood quality reveals itself very soon. I can't put my finger on a type of wood, but it seems to not be sandalwood -- thank Bob, because sandalwood does terrible things with my skin chemistry. The wood note actually reminds me a bit of bamboo. It's a light, clean note, and it blends well with the musk. And at the back of it all is a lingering dusty quality, much like in the Lurid Library.

It smells great, but unfortunately, it just doesn't last on me. The throw is about average, I'd say, but the wear life is definitely on the short side. After about 2 hours, it's pretty soft, primarily dusty woods tinged with the musk.

All in all a fantastic scent, if only it lasted longer. Definitely try this if you like red musk or leather scents, such as: de Sade, Sacred Whore of Babylon, Smut, Loviatar.

Edited by naeelah

I bought a decant of this, and after trying it once or twice, I almost passed up my chance to buy a bottle of this before it was discontinued. At the last minute I panicked and bought a bottle (because nothing makes me want something like telling me that I can't have it) and I'm SO glad I did.

Krampus likes to be slathered on. I put it on thickly around my neck, and on the front and back of my wrists. Lots of Krampus lasts all day-- my initial problem was that I was putting it on so daintily that it wore away too soon.

I really can detect all the notes listed in here, right down to the dust. Krampus is fabulous. I suspect it's the red musk that lasts so long on me, but that wood-and-dust element really sticks around, too.

It can linger for hours and hours. Not too much throw-- you have to get a bit close, but that's okay... that makes it extra naughty. :P

It took me a few tries to really appreciate this, but it was worth the wait. Highly recommended.

OMG this rocks.

In the bottle it's thick and dark and a little sinister. It's deep but there's a sweet note lurking there too. I'm guessing that's the red musk. There's a musty odor too that has to be coming from the dusty rags.

On my skin it's just pure sexiness. It's very thick when I put it on, resinous really. The sweet note comes to the forefront but the wood and dust is very definitely there. It's warm and spicy and a little dirty. I like this almost as much as Schwarzer Mond and that's saying alot!

It has a really nice throw without being overpowering and it dries down really nicely. The notes all stay really true to the description all the way through. I think the leather is what really smooths it all together.

I just can't say enough about this one guys. It's incredible. :P

Krampus 07

In the imp: very similar to 06-red musk (this time a little more Crowley-esque) and leather, with a slightly soapy pine wood note.

Wet on skin: whoa, this red musk is a lot darker than last year’s! Here it is Smutty!

Dry: holy crap, this is the Christmas Crowley. This one is heavier on the musk than last year’s, not as heavy on the wood and that slightly soapy rag note, this red musk even takes over the leather. this is the same musk as that of Smut and Crowley, a sexy, feral musk with just a hint of kinky rubber to it. there is a hint of something like pine or clean linen to it though, and this also has none of the sweetness that I got in Crowley and Smut. Just the raw musk with leather and woods.

After a while: the musk becomes deeper and darker and a little more animalistic, still with that hint of rubber, but there’s a strange soapy-clean or fresh note, a fresh green scent like evergreen scented powder, which clashes with the dark, moody musk. I got this in the last version of Krampus, only this time there’s more musk.

Then this soapy scent then morphs into a masculine perfume scent, one of those traditional men’s scents of greenish woods and moss, but with leather and heavy musk, and something that reminds me strongly of patchouli. It’s actually a smooth patchouli-musk after a while.

Verdict: this smells very similar to the old Krampus, only this one has a lot more musk…and it’s musk of the Smutty kind which also reminds me of a certain Queen-loving demon. Musk and leather with a background of manly woods and something almost like evergreens…but oddly, there’s a soapy note to this that I don’t really like. And the musk, like the one in Smut, turns to rubber on me. At least Crowley has the vanilla and incense-like notes to calm the musky leather down a bit. A little too intense and manly for me and I’m not keen on the powdery (dusty rags?) drydown.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? No…I prefer Crowley.

If you like this, try: Crowley, Smut, Loviatar, De Sade, C Auguste Dupin

Edited by yeahbutnobut

krampus is mostly red musk on me. that’s a good thing – i love this warm, heady ingredient. here, it smells almost fruity, like grapes. it combines nicely with the leather. there are similar notes in loviatar, but it didn’t work on me. so i’m quite pleased at how well krampus does work. even with its crisp, clean linen note, this blend is mischievous, dark, and sexy. :P