Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Anything BUT jolly! Draped with chains and bells, wielding both whip and rod, this rag-clad, horned, red-skinned, soot-covered leering creature is both the companion and the antithesis of rosy-cheeked and ebullient Kris Kringle. He is called by many names, and, in a myriad of cultures, he is seen with different robes and faces, but he is nevertheless always a sinister and fearsome instrument of Santa's wrath: he wields a switch on all irredeemably naughty children before tossing them into his large black sack and whisking them away.

Be good, or Krampus will toss you in a river! Sinister red musk, black leather, dusty rags, and wooden switches.

straight sniff from bottle reminds me oh so much of my beloved anne bonny!!!
patchouli and red musk...l-o-v-e it!!! :P

OMG...ok, honestly...i was so afraid this would be in the same league as "rat king"...i did want to love rat king....really i did....but it was far too hot and peppery
for me...

this one is truly, truly nothing as is described...it is all sweet and thick and resinous in the most amazing way possible...after 30 minutes or so, something
almost green & herbal...anyway, for those who know me, know my chemistry with leather can be nothing less than spectacular...meaning whatever the masses smell, i usually don't ... but i do know that krampus is amazing on me and i love it beyond belief....gah!!! :D :D

ETA: in my haste and amazement of this gorgeous scent, i found a misspelled word or two..... :)

BPALKrampus.jpg

In the bottle

hehe At first I thought it smelled like Krampus would smells, like a crocethy old man with wino breath. :P

On

Krampus actually smells alright when I put it on.

It's a nice smell. The Red musk is really nice on my skin.

30 minutes

It only changes when I first put it on, it actually gets better on my skin than it was in the bottle. In the bottle it was kidn of scary :D . On the skin though the wood switches smell like fresh cut wood to me, and the red musk is sensual.

Throw:

A bit yes.

Scent category:

animalistic/woody

Summary

It's a different and good scent. But I don't know if I'd wear it all the time.

Purchase again?

No

1-5 rating (5 being best)

I ordered this with trepidation due to the red musk, which only works on me on rare occasions. It turns out that Krampus isn't one of them. Caveat lector!

This starts off with all the listed notes in about equal proportion. I can smell the musk, leather, linen, and wood distinctly. The linen gives a cool, crisp feel to this, which is countered by the spiciness of the woods. The leather is dark, smooth, and aloof. This reminds me of Sin, minus the foody cinnamon, with Loviatar lurking in the background. I felt rather neutral towards those blends even though they had notes that I like, and I currently feel the same way towards Krampus.

About an hour later, it smells less like Sin and more like Loviatar, and that's when the red musk ruins things for me by smelling like lipstick. I think that fans of red musk will love this one, though. It seems gender neutral to me, and is probably very sexy with the right chemistry.

I feared that this would be overly dusty and dry, but Krampus isn't so bad after all. I love the wood note when I first put this on. Like freshly cut wooden switches - almost a sweetly resinous sap smell and hints of spicy woods, with more of an herbal vibrancy added to it. Perfect for being whipped, lol.

In the drydown, notes that I don't really like start creeping in and taking things over. Krampus morphs into a cold, dark leather and sweet (almost fruity smelling) red musk. It loses all of its resinous and wooden qualities that I admired. Still, it's not really dusty or awful. I'd like this if I were really fond of red musk and leather...

Huh? I thought Krampus was almost exactly how it's described.

I tried this at will-call and at first it was very woody, but quickly mellowed out to a leather/wood blend. Not too dusty. I didn't even remember there was musk in there.

KRAMPUS

In Bottle: Sexy manly leather

On Skin: This is quite sexy… wow. I think I want my husband to wear this, since it seems a bit more masculine to me. I love that it is completely naughty! The red musk is deep and pulsating and the leather is strong and smooth. It’s also quite woody and does have a slight dusty feel to it. The woody note does give a nice clean and crisp contradiction to the rest of the scent. This reminds me of the love child of Lovitar and Smut. Yum! I know I’ll try and wear it when I’m feeling naughty but I still think it’s a bit masculine for me. Dark, sexy and naughty… the three words that come to mind when I smell this. It has a medium throw and average wearlength.

In the bottle: I smell sweetness and leather, dustiness and wood.

Wet: This scent is earthen, angry, and cold. How does Beth bottle cold so well? I picture lying on a flat rock in the woods with a blanket of snow all around.

Drying down: I feel like a naughty girl wearing this. I think of February snowfights when the slush is black.

Dry: The musk is playing with my skin now. It comes out sweet, so that the mix resembles brut aftershave. The chill warms up a touch at this stage, but retains the sense of dirtiness. It suits its namesake rather well.

Later: Krampus softens within a couple hours on me, but I like the earthiness while it lasts. It is almost too cologne-like, but I seem to be able to pull it off. Next step: getting my husband to put down the Herr Drosselmeyer for a day to try this!

I've been hoping for a Krampus scent for soooo long!

Sweet, dry wood, a spank of leather and the warmth of red musk all hit me straight from the bottle and I can't wait to put it on.

Like some other reviewers, I was expecting something like The Rat King because of the dust and wood -- or Loviatar, with the red musk and leather, but it's quite its own scent!

There's that exquisite dry wood that I think must be sandalwood -- bone dry, pale and faintly sweet, or perhaps redwood, which has been turning up in a lot of blends lately, a little bit pulpy, ruddy and sweet.

It's immediately sweetened and warmed by red musk, which is not going through one of its incensy phases here like it does in things like Lust. No, it's very tame here. And the leather is warm and soft, more like having a cat in your lap than riding in a rodeo.

Krampus is a classic. My fear that it would be too much like Loviatar (which I love, but is very very strong and dark in the leather department) was unfounded. I'm going to put it alongside blends like Carceri d'Invenzione for the woodiness, but this is far more inviting, warm and devilish.

Three cheers for Krampus!!!

Krampus:

Initially, the sweet headyness is overwhelming. I thought this one would be much less sweet! I think the woods and herbals combined with the red musk in this particular blend bounce off each other and make for a striking and complex blend! So exciting :P

On the drydown, it all softens up and the musk amps. An almost asexual scent emerges, one that is buzzing with the energy of resins and woods.

This scent evolves further and grows deeper as it melds with my body chemistry.

I don't get much in the way of the musk...which is sad, because I do love the musk.

What I get is a soft woody smell...as others mentioned, it's very similar to Anne Bonny in that "wood" scent type smell.

To me...it smells alot like fresh cedar wood...I get a little of the leather scent after about 30 min.

Overall...I'll wear it, but not all the time.

P.S. Totally un-related, but it layers great with Buck Moon & Samhain!

KRAMPUS!!! YESSSS!!! :P

I have been creating Krampus art for several years, so when I saw this scent, I absolutely had to have it regardless of composition... I am so happy that I purchased it.

I was a little nervous about trying him out, but when I cracked the seal, my senses went into overdrive! I applied a nice dose to my inner arms and my gray matter painted an awesome picture for me...

You can smell Krampus in this concoction from his bundle of switches down to the animalistic smell of his furry haunches.

The throw, for me, is amazing... this is something I will be wearing all winter long - especially when getting inspired for a new piece of Krampus art! I can already see him stuffing bad children into his sack... (boogah-boogah-hah!)...

Gruss Vom Krampus!!

xoxox,

Kali V.

In the vial: red musk, sandalwood and a hint of sweetness, perhaps the leather.

Wet: very woodsy, which blends nicely with the musk.

Dry: Oh, my! This is what I wanted Spanked to be! Musky, leathery yumminess. I think this scent would be equally lovely on men or women. Big bottle purchase, ahoy! :P

in the bottle: sligh touch of red musk, but lots of leather

wet: dry, very dry. but with a good kick of red musk, there is definitely leather, definitely

this softens so much, when dry there isn't a really noticable lather note asthere is when it is wet and in the bottle it is soft, almost skin scent, musky and woody, still veryb dry

I've been a bratty child and Krampus is here to switch my butt with a big old belt! :P In the imp, Krampus almost makes me sneeze, because it's like sticking your nose in a dusty closet full of leather boots. There is also the peppery pungency of the red musk, which can not be mistaken. On my skin, Krampus really blooms hot and peppery-musky, then dries down and morphs a bit into a dusty sharp musky smell with a bit of leather and wood. Normally leather is a monster on my skin and takes over, but not here. This is your perfect anti-sweetness-and-light holiday/winter scent. No sweetness or spices or snow or pretty green trees. Just down and dirty, bend over and take your swats! :D It's something a man could wear beautifully, and a woman could also wear it when she's not concerned with being all sugar and spice and everything nice, but rather, just the opposite. I am getting into this way too much... I'll stop now, you probably get the idea.

First on, Krampus smells like teh sex. Upon drydown, Krampus smells like, erm, well...sex. Seriously. I remember what it smells like - it hasn't been that long. Red musk has never morphed on me quite like this before, but I definitely think it's the culprit.

Krampus is very musky and a little sweet, with a cedar-like wood note and a teeny tiny hint of patchouli. It's got a great alpha vibe to it, cut nicely by the sweetness. Defintiely in the Loviatar family, but I barely get any leather at all, from start to finish. And the finish is sexy in a very animalistic and uh, literal way. I'm not saying I don't like it. But I do feel like I could use a shower.

Krampus starts off mostly red musk on me. Then something *really* woody which I think is sandalwood. These two notes keep trading off for a bit. Then I get a note that is "cold". I think I recognize it from a couple of other blends. Namely Samhainophobia and Pumpkin Queen. I'm probably nuts :P And sure enough, something that could be "dusty rags" and yep...there's the leather. What an interesting scent!

I like the opening woodsy notes. They remind me a bit of Fenris Wolf. But I don't think I need more than an imp of Krampus.

On first whiff I get something like grapejuice (High John's maybe?) and some woods. I can pick out the red musk fairly easy and there is a dusty book-ish quality to it. This one smells really masculine on me and I don't really like it because of the woods. I mainly ordered this one to see what artwork the Lab would come up with to put on the label... so color me dissappointed when they all look the same. :P

Gah! I should have ordered a bottle of this! This is beautiful musky leather that says "ah, ah, you've been naughty!" This is the leather of a cat o'nines or a riding crop, but in a good way. Lightly spicy and definitely wicked.

krampus.jpg

Imp: A very sweet woodsy blend with slight leather. Sexy as hell is a good way to describe it….

Wet on Him and Her: Sweet leather and sexy woodsiness

Drying: It goes more towards leather on him, lighter and sweeter on me, with an almost fruity twinge. If I had to guess I'd say the wood in this is cedar. Or some relative…

Dry, On Me: Woodsy with sweet light leather, but even though its sweeter on me than on hubby, it’s a bit too masculine for me.

Dry, On Him: This ends as gritty leather, cedar and musk. Its really sexy, and….ooooh, Mr. Krampus, I"ve been very naughy, I'm sure I deserve to be punished…

Overall: This lasts a good hefty amount of time, as one would expect from such strong notes. I might get him a bottle of this, cuz its so insanely hot on him. But its not for me. Actually, I kinda think that Trick #1 is a fruited, sweetened version of Krampus, perfect for me, while Krampus is perfect for the menfolk. And by perfect I mean "fuck-me-now-delicious."

Edited by jewelbug

Dear Krampus

My name is aine and I am 32 years old. I live in Australia. Last year I asked Santa for jewellery but this year I have been a very bad girl. I have used profanities with an expertise envied by sailors. I have lied about my credit card statement. I have hatched elaborate plots for the downfall of one of my bitchier workmates more often than I care to admit.

This year for Christmas I think you should punish me for my bad deeds. Blindfold me with your dusty cloth. Smack me with your leather paddle. Teach me right from wrong with your switches. But most of all, dear Krampus, dribble on that red musk to show me who is boss.

Achingly yours,

aine

I was envisaging Loviatar-with-something-extra but this is a blend like no other. Clean and dirty at the same time. Round but dry. Seck-su-al. Looks like the bad girls got lucky this year!

Krampus - This is the first perfume that ever made me wish I'd been born a man. This is the most perfect man-scent. It is warm and strong and well, just so masculine. It's too masculine for me to get away with wearing it often, but I'm not going to be able to resist wearing it on occasion. But if I were a man, I'd wear this every day and I'd know I was the best-smelling man on Earth. The musk and leather are the dominant notes on my skin, but they're not overly-powerful or strong. The wood and dust combine with the other notes to temper them a bit and bring them back down to earth. I think this is the big surprise hit of the entire Yuletide 2006 LE line of oils. I'm bowled over by how warm and strong and manly this scent is. The throw and staying power are both about average.

Wow. Ah, this one's really... primal. Starts out with... men's cologne? patchouli?, quickly progresses to an herbal unlike any I've ever smelled, and acquires this gritty hardness that... well. :P

Oh no! I am so sad that this did not work on me. From the bottle it smelled like a masculine leather blend with a bit of dry wood, somewhat like an Anne Bonny 'lite', perhaps. On my skin it was a total disaster, I just got a dusty, musty leather scent. Ick. It made me sneeze a little bit, also. I geuss I am amping the 'dusty rags'? :P

Ah well, there have been enough blends that I love lately that I am not too sad about the loss of dear Krampus. I ma sure that he will go to a loving home that can appreciate his evil nature just a bit more than I can.

OK, how does she get the smell of dusty rags into a bottle? This is not something I'd normally wear, but I'm still in awe of it just because it smells exactly like its description. It's masculine and woody and leathery and, yes, dusty.

I don't need a bottle, but I'll test the decant on my husband to see if he does.

I have to admit, I'm not crazy about Krampus. Right away I'm getting the musty rags scent...that's not figurative or abstract....that's really what I'm smelling. Musty, dusty, even slightly moldy rags. Thankfully this doesn't last long....that rag scent fades into the background and I think I recognize the red musk from Fenris Wolf, Scherezade, and maybe Blood Kiss. I can also smell the leather, but not in a big way. And yes, wooden switches too. I think the red musk is just a note that doesn't work for me. I didn't like it in those other blends and I don't much like it here. I couldn't say why, really...just not my thing I guess. And that musty/dusty note doesn't disappear completely. Not sure I can handle that.

What I do like about Krampus is.....it's like a story in a bottle. It unfolds and evokes a definite mood, very much like Midway did for me....although this is a different mood entirely! Right now the first heavy snowfall of the season is falling outside, the wind is howling at my patio window, and I don't have to be anywhere for the next 15 hours or so. I'm in my long underwear with a blanket and Krampus has really set the mood for the day. I don't know if I'll keep my imp, just because I don't think I'd wear this with any regularity. I'm very glad I got to try it, though!